Sign in to follow this  
slait

Honeycomb Yoke Software

Anyone who has received their yoke trying to use the configurator with P3D? I'm seeing very little documentation, and what's there is in German. Seems to be very little information on how to program things without having been on the development team. I'd love to try it out, but unless I use a default plane, I'm kind of out of luck without the ability to program button actions.

- Aaron

This is a significant deficiency for such a nice piece of hardware.  I too do not have a clue how to program it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If it is recognized by P3D, just assigning keys should work like any other joystick, no?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yeah, I went through the same translation which helps a little, but it still doesn't outline what the local variables are, etc. And standard P3D controls work fine out of the box, but most advanced planes use their own control methods.

Edit: I've noticed that this yoke is identified as a standard controller in Spad.Next which would solve the variable issue. For some reason though after creating a whole new profile with all associated controls (successfully I might add) after changing profiles it loses everything I configured. I have a ticket in with Spad.next for that. If I can get that to work it solves my needs, though the point remains that the software that ships with the yoke leaves much to be desired in my opinion.

Edited by slait

- Aaron

Update: Now for whatever reason Spad.Next is working exactly like it should and I'm able to program all the switches the way I like. No idea what changed, but now I can finally use my new yoke. So far so good! The feel of the yoke really is so much nicer than the Saitek I've been using for the last 7 years.

- Aaron

Spad next is payware, correct? Ugh why does everything in this sim seem to require payware. 😞 Not faulting the 3rd party here. But really, why won’t P3D recognize controllers with more than a few buttons? The yoke is recognized as a game controller by Windows. *Sigh*

• Like 1

Chris

OK, I think I figured out the Aerosoft Honeycomb YokeInput configuration app. Buttons are tied to SimConnect Events. I have been able to setup my A2A GA planes (sort of) with some trial and error and a lot of reloading the sim.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/utilities/variables/event_ids.html

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

Nice, well done. Yes, everything does indeed tend to come at a cost with our little hobby, but I try and keep things in perspective, I could be flying a real plane!

- Aaron

8 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Spad next is payware, correct? Ugh why does everything in this sim seem to require payware. 😞 Not faulting the 3rd party here. But really, why won’t P3D recognize controllers with more than a few buttons? The yoke is recognized as a game controller by Windows. *Sigh*

More why don't third party hardware manufactures make product`s with drivers and software for the flight sim`s they are intended to be used in, and not expect the sim developers to re-write the sim to support there products, that they get no financial benefit from.

The sim is released then someone makes hardware for it. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

More why don't third party hardware manufactures make product`s with drivers and software for the flight sim`s they are intended to be used in, and not expect the sim developers to re-write the sim to support there products, that they get no financial benefit from.

The sim is released then someone makes hardware for it. 

Windows recognizes the controller as a standard USB human interface device. If you open the game controller settings for the yoke, it shows all of the buttons and toggles working. It is P3D that is not honoring the standard. X-plane works fine. Honeycomb did provide this hacky controller config interface for P3D/FSX...it leaves a lot to be desired. 

Chris

32 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Windows recognizes the controller as a standard USB human interface device. If you open the game controller settings for the yoke, it shows all of the buttons and toggles working. It is P3D that is not honoring the standard. X-plane works fine. Honeycomb did provide this hacky controller config interface for P3D/FSX...it leaves a lot to be desired. 

Does the the yoke work ok through FSUIPC?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Does the the yoke work ok through FSUIPC?

I think so. Since FSUIPC exposes a lot more of the simconnect events, it is probably just a matter of finding the right event  mappings. To this point I’ve not had a controller that required much of FSUIPC’s power, so I’ll have to go back and experiment. Some of the ones that I tried, for example, master alt/gen and avionics, didn’t work quite like I hoped but I didn’t dig as deeply as I could have. 

I’m a crazy for thinking LM should expose all of those simconnect events associated with controllers...you know...in their in-app controller settings? 🤷‍♂️

Chris

You mention the yoke feels better, in what way?  Is it a "solid" yoke or more of plastic pieces molded together? 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

2 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

You mention the yoke feels better, in what way?  Is it a "solid" yoke or more of plastic pieces molded together? 

Externally it is really nice heavy duty molded plastic. From the pictures I’ve seen, internally, pitch is on dual metal rails using linear bearings. It is super smooth. There is no unwanted wiggle or trash in the travel in either pitch or bank. It feels like they are maybe using bungees for centering. Pitch is a little firm...but again, silky smooth. 

Despite some quirks getting the buttons set up, the feel of the controller is outstanding. 

Edited by snglecoil

Chris