Sign in to follow this  
slait

Honeycomb Yoke Software

24 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Externally it is really nice heavy duty molded plastic. From the pictures I’ve seen, internally, pitch is on dual metal rails using linear bearings. It is super smooth. There is no unwanted wiggle or trash in the travel in either pitch or bank. It feels like they are maybe using bungees for centering. Pitch is a little firm...but again, silky smooth. 

Despite some quirks getting the buttons set up, the feel of the controller is outstanding. 

commercial grade bungees with a lifetime warranty I was told at Cosford.  The unit as a whole comes with 5yr warranty

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

spadnext or fuipc I can not for the life of me get the light switches on my honeycomb yoke to be assigned to work correctly with the pmdg 737

Edited by Manny Ortiz

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Everything working very nicely for me now through Spad.next. No idea what was causing my initial issues, but it is working well now with the Majestic dash and the A2A 172. Software issues aside, which should be mentioned for those that don't have another solution, the hardware is very satisfying. As mentioned, the pitch is fairly stiff, but honestly I'm kind of liking that. Everything is VERY smooth compared to what I was using and has been a real pleasure to use over the last several flights.

Also, it should be mentioned that there are mounting holes on top that fit other Saitek panels which I'm finding to be nice for my FIP's, but the yoke case is a little bit taller than the Saitek. It doesn't obstruct my monitor, but is was noticeable especially if you use side mounted panels.

- Aaron

On 10/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, slait said:

Also, it should be mentioned that there are mounting holes on top that fit other Saitek panels which I'm finding to be nice for my FIP's, but the yoke case is a little bit taller than the Saitek. It doesn't obstruct my monitor, but is was noticeable especially if you use side mounted panels.

Are there also mounting holes on the bottom? I have a WheelStand pro on to which my Saitek Yoke is mounted with screws. Would be nice if this can be done with the Honeycomb Yoke too :)

On 10/14/2019 at 6:48 AM, dromer1967 said:

Are there also mounting holes on the bottom? I have a WheelStand pro on to which my Saitek Yoke is mounted with screws. Would be nice if this can be done with the Honeycomb Yoke too 🙂

Hmm, I'm not seeing anything like that on the bottom.

- Aaron

On 10/14/2019 at 9:58 AM, ideoplastic said:

Ironic that something made in the USA only comes with instructions in German.

I am still pondering on this Yoke has anyone put this to Aerosoft they are the agents for this product in Europe.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, rjfry said:

I am still pondering on this Yoke has anyone put this to Aerosoft they are the agents for this product in Europe.

They also bundle the software.

I did not post anything to them, I just used Google translate, and then ultimately went away from their software anyway.

- Aaron

Guys! Please notice that the manual was updated a few days ago :) open the Manual_de.pdf and scroll down to the english section of the manual(make sure you download the new drivers from here https://devops.aerosoft.de/AS_HONEYCOMB_P3DV4.zip)

Best Regards

22 hours ago, rjfry said:

I contacted Aerosoft to find out where I could buy it and basically get a reply telling me I can buy it direct from the vendor. Obviously not interested in selling it even though I have been one of their clients for years. In any case appears this yoke is still not available.

50 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Obviously not interested in selling it even though I have been one of their clients for years. In any case appears this yoke is still not available.

I think this is an uncharitable interpretation. Aerosoft is out of stock as its entire first batch was pre-ordered. The latest information is that the pre-orders are in a shipping container that is due imminently at Aerosoft's warehouse. Hence you will face a delay of probably two or three months before they can re-stock. Alternatively, Aerosoft has said it's keeping 50 units from the first batch to sell at the FS Weekend at Lelystad in November, so if you really wanted one you could go there and queue :)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

OK Guys, Can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Spad.Next does not recognise The Honeycomb Yoke...I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Honeycomb drivers, no luck.

I have tried deleting the default bindings via the Yokeinput...no luck...they will not delete.

Have tried FSUIPC to over ride the default bindings...no luck.

The Hardware is fantastic...as a real PPL Licence holder it beats the CH and  Saitek products by a country mile...the software, however, is a very frustrating story.

Any pointers please?

@choppa54, make sure you run the YokeInput config program as an administrator. I'm not at a place where I can walk through how I managed to get it working for a while.  I do remember that you'll have to save any config changes with a new profile name from the YokeInput app. In P3D there is a Honeycomb menu item under add-ons, I think, that allows you to reload control bindings on the fly in P3D after you edit, save, and apply them in the YokeInput tool. Unfortunately you are probably going to have to spend some time with trial and error finding the right Simconnect events that works for whatever add-on plane you are using:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/utilities/variables/event_ids.html

Just use the existing binding as a template and substitute the event ids you want to try. I can post the bindings I used later this evening. The same commands worked for A2A, RealAir, and Vertx. I don't have any other addon planes installed so I can't speak for PMDG or others.

Chris

On 10/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, cowpatz said:

You could use FSUIPC if only in the interim.

Yes it worked for me except, FSUIPC did not recognize buttons past 31 to 35 (I guess that is Hex FF) & these are for the Magneto Left,Both & Start.