Sign in to follow this  
slait

Honeycomb Yoke Software

22 hours ago, choppa54 said:

OK Guys, Can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Spad.Next does not recognise The Honeycomb Yoke...I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Honeycomb drivers, no luck.

I have tried deleting the default bindings via the Yokeinput...no luck...they will not delete.

Have tried FSUIPC to over ride the default bindings...no luck.

The Hardware is fantastic...as a real PPL Licence holder it beats the CH and  Saitek products by a country mile...the software, however, is a very frustrating story.

Any pointers please?

My Spad.Next recognizes the Honeycomb Yoke in the Controls section, but my problem is I am a beginner at Spad.

Edited by Bill Bray

Just saw on Honeycomb’s FB page that new drivers have been made available on their website. 

Chris

8 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Just saw on Honeycomb’s FB page that new drivers have been made available on their website. 

With included an english version of the "user's guide" (at the and of the still named "manual_de" pdf.)

Gérard

Edited by gaab

On 10/20/2019 at 1:37 PM, MarkDH said:

I think this is an uncharitable interpretation. Aerosoft is out of stock as its entire first batch was pre-ordered. The latest information is that the pre-orders are in a shipping container that is due imminently at Aerosoft's warehouse. Hence you will face a delay of probably two or three months before they can re-stock. Alternatively, Aerosoft has said it's keeping 50 units from the first batch to sell at the FS Weekend at Lelystad in November, so if you really wanted one you could go there and queue 🙂

My objection is why they didn't bother to tell me that they were out of stock, or suggest where i could pre-order, instead of just telling me I could get it from the manufacturer who happens to be in the US. But not to worry Amazon will be stocking them as soon as they become more widely available.

Edited by ideoplastic
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

My objection is why they didn't bother to tell me that they were out of stock, or suggest where i could pre-order, instead of just telling me I could get it from the manufacturer who happens to be in the US.

I would wonder if language is a factor.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Can someone tell me where I can find the manual to for configuring the Honeycomb yoke, I have been unable to find it. I downloaded and installed the new software, but there were no manuals included.

ress

Ress, If you can figure it out, please let us know, so far I have had no luck with Spad.next picking it up or nor can I delete the P3D bindings...and the programming is a tad to far for my talents.  I have just gone to the Template area and selected the Default bindings..not perfect but at least have the basics working. Sent a message to Honeycomb...no reply as yet...obviously flat out in other areas...just wondering if this is a one horse company? And everything is contracted out..ie Software to Aerosoft etc.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, choppa54 said:

Ress, If you can figure it out, please let us know, so far I have had no luck with Spad.next picking it up or nor can I delete the P3D bindings...and the programming is a tad to far for my talents.  I have just gone to the Template area and selected the Default bindings..not perfect but at least have the basics working. Sent a message to Honeycomb...no reply as yet...obviously flat out in other areas...just wondering if this is a one horse company? And everything is contracted out..ie Software to Aerosoft etc.

Couple of things. First start from the basics, does Windows see your yoke as a game controller? In your control panel search for "game controllers" and choose the "Setup game controllers". See if it is listed there (FYI, it needs to be plugged in when doing this). If so you can verify that the drivers at least took.From there you should be able to launch Spad.next, select the "Controls" option (third down on the left) and see if the yoke is seen there.

If you get this far and things are at least visible, then you may have a conflict between Spad.next and the programming engine that comes with the driver. It gets inserted into the dll.xml file in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and is called "AFC_Bridge.dll". After saving a backup copy of the file, remove that section. This way when you load P3D the Honeycomb software doesn't take control away from Spad.

- Aaron

Hi everyone,

I just received the Yoke and I believe something is wrong with it. Several planes  plane bank so heavily to the right that I can't trim it out with rudder or aileron trim. It appears to be messing with  ailerons trim on the Lear 35 and creates a phantom zoom with one  of the buttons.  Clearing all settings on the yoke does not work. Are there guides or any tech support for this yoke? I can't even get in their support section as their server reports I'm blocking cookies which is not true.

I have a few days to figure it out or I'm packing it up and shipping back to Amazon. I do not like the button arrangements particularly and the extreme amount of pressure needed to move the elevator. Very frustrating.

Bob

On 10/11/2019 at 8:42 PM, snglecoil said:

But really, why won’t P3D recognize controllers with more than a few buttons?

My current main controller has 38 buttons and 6 axes, and p3d has no trouble recognizing them at all.

Thank you.

I had a conflict with the  input thingy and FSUIPC which the manual cautioned.  I uninstalled the Honeycomb Yoke Input then used FSUIPC as normal.

I too have several USB gizmos including 6 Goflight panels , CH Throttle quadrant and CH Pro pedals all using FSUIPC.

AOnce I cleaned up the mess I made the yoke is performing flawlessly and quite a step up from the Saitek yoke. I recommend.

Bob

Edited by BobP

I have been using this yoke for a while and I'm struggling a bit with the disharmony between the tension in roll and pitch. Roll is very light and pitch is very stiff. So much so that when flaring the suction pad comes adrift from the desk and I have had to resort to using the clamps. It would have been nice to have been able to adjust the tensions. I could mod it but I wont when it is under warranty....nor should I really have to. Quite a nice yoke in all other respects.

Cheers

Steve Hall

its the same worse feeling to me, when you disabled the AP and land the AC.

I'm also searching for a solution with no success.

Regards Joachim

On 3/27/2020 at 5:02 AM, BobP said:

Thank you.

I had a conflict with the  input thingy and FSUIPC which the manual cautioned.  I uninstalled the Honeycomb Yoke Input then used FSUIPC as normal.

I too have several USB gizmos including 6 Goflight panels , CH Throttle quadrant and CH Pro pedals all using FSUIPC.

AOnce I cleaned up the mess I made the yoke is performing flawlessly and quite a step up from the Saitek yoke. I recommend.

Bob

Hello

I just got this today its sensational,i am going to setup all the buttons using fsuipc 6, did you manage to get the magnetos and started configured through fsuipc6,thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K