Sign in to follow this  
Dbarnea

FIR shows even if disabled

Hi Alex,

As the title suggests, even if it's FIRs - None, when I hover with the mouse, they appear o the map.

Doron.

2.png

Hi Doron,

did I get this right: The airspaces are disabled and not visible on the map but the tooltips appear?

What airspace source do you use when this happens?
Navigraph or P3D?
Do you have any highlighted airspaces around (from "map" link in information window)?

Alex

Hi Alex,

The "Show or hide all airspaces" button is enabled (because I want to see airspaces). But the FIRs button is disabled (because I don't want to see FIRs, only towers, center, ground, radar ...etc ...). well, it's not disabled, you can't disable it, I just made sure it's "None".

Yet, tooltip appears with the FIRs when hovering on the map.

I use Navigraph and I don't have any highlighted airspace.

Doron.

2.png

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. FIR are a few small regions around airports. The gray areas covering the whole world in unpatched FSX/P3D data are centers.

Can you post a screenshot?

Alex

Hi Doron,

thanks for the video. That clears it up.

The naming the the airspaces is confusing. They are of type "Center" despite the "FIR" and "UIR" in brackets. Switch off the centers in the right button menu and they are gone.

I have to dig through the code to find out why I decided like this.

Alex

grafik.png

Hi Alex,

But if I'll switch them off, I won't be able to see the IVAO CTRs that are online ...

seems like a coupling between the CTRs and FIR/UIRs ...

Doron.

2.png

Sorry, not trying to overstep, but I may be confused by the usage. In VATSIM isn't the center responsible for the FIR or I guess in the US it's the ARTCC?

Some confusion may arise because both the geographic borders of the FIR/ARTCC are displayed as well as a circle when denotes Center control. 

The circle only covers a portion of the center's area of responsibility and may overlap into another center controllers area (exp. CHI_35_CTR).

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi airnie,

is this a question for me or for Alex ? 🙂

Even if the CTR responsible for the FIRs, that's fine to show as long as there is a CTR online (even if circles are overlapping)... but if it's not, then FIRs should not be shown ...

Doron.

2.png

11 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

is this a question for me or for Alex ? 🙂

Thanks for replying.  Either is okay. 

Just trying to understand the relationship between FIR and center.

Ernest Pergrem

I could make the FIR and UIR separate airspace types and keep the centers for online stuff.

This is all a lot of fun to combine and categorize the airspace types from four sources into one. Also, when changing any categories in the database I have to send Navigraph a new data compiler which would mean you can see the changes only if you use a new LNM and get a new AIRAC. Also, I have to make the change so, that it does not break current, past and future LNM versions. Meh. 😕

It's probably easier to add a new "Online Center" type which does not cause above mentioned problems but allows to remove the gray background stuff and keep the online centers.
Let's see for 2.6 which is next: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/462

Any other ideas?

Alex