Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

I will not fly again...

...Until FS is released, in fact I have already uninstalled both P3D and X-Plane. It is indeed a new paradigm. Neither of the former mentioned flight sims with all of my addon's can come close in my opinion to the glory that is FS in it's Pre Alpha state. And so regardless of cost, subscriptions, the initial lack of ATC and a myriad of other small exclusions or problems I shall while away the time with DCS, IL2 and Star Citizen until this true 64bit gem is released. So Au revoir until we meet again over Paris, London, New York or any of the other 2 million plus accurately represented cites in this amazing World they are creating.

• Like 14

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

count me in, after 30Sep P3D felt so dull to me, just counting the days to get my hand on this beauty.

• Like 3

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I would do the same but it would mean having to sit and watch telly and or talk to my wife every night... so I will keep flying P3D!

• Like 17
  • Upvote 7

Flying basically only the DCS F-5 and the A-10C since a few month (The F-16 became too boring very fast). That's not going to change until MSFS will be available. 

I fear there are too many things still to be known about the new MSFS. They're very good at marketing. I would recommend to wait and see, and meanwhile continue flying with the sim of your preference.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I fear there are too many things still to be known about the new MSFS. They're very good at marketing. I would recommend to wait and see, and meanwhile continue flying with the sim of your preference.

Cheers, Ed

Indeed Ed, god knows when we will see this promising title out. Till then I'll enjoy every day our beloved hobby.

I have no intention of waiting a year to see whether the new MFS ends up being the best thing since sliced bread. Too many unknowns for me, so I will carry on flying my PMDG and QW airliners in P3D v4. I am looking forward to installing ORBx TrueEarth GB Central and North (and the redesigned GB South), and also MK Studios Dublin. I have not been able to use that airport since I upgraded from P3D v3 a year ago, and I miss it!

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think stopping flying is a very shortsighted move personally.  What we've seen is promising for the future but doesn't add up to a total replacement for what we have available now.

Basically, Im not willing to totally give up my ATC, Ai packages, complex aircraft, myriad of nice to fly GA aircraft and current addon list, for the promise of some pretty visuals in the future.

Not that I'm dissing MS, I'll just use them both in tandem until such a point as one exceeds the other in all aspects that I deem critical. (Note, that may be different for you!)

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Had a great VR flight in X-Plane 11last night from KSEA => KPDX - can't beat it. Very silly decison to stop flying if you ask me.

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 4

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

we either Fly our Sims or Talk to our Loved ones: spouses, kids, in-laws, etc

I CHOOSE FLIGHT SIMS😂😜

• Like 1

I'm taking some time away from my simulators right now also. All I'm interested concerning simulators are the news about the new sim.

Funny, all this talk about MSFS made me reinstall P3D again... ;) To each his own.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I'm taking some time away from my simulators right now also. All I'm interested concerning simulators are the news about the new sim.

p3dv4 is based on an old sim that can barely run in 2019/2020 on new $3000-$5000 pc's  AND xplane 11 is well Xplane11 lol always missing our favorite features like seasons/ATC/normal looking clouds lol, etc........I understand the excitement BUT i'm still flying and buying small payware addons............I have only stopped purchasing more payware over $100-$200....like PMDG/FSL/etc.  

• Like 1

I agree:  You may be waiting in the terminal for a long time - probably till next Spring at the earliest (unless 2020 is further along in development, and Microsoft has been fudging a little on the timeline, which I doubt).  Plus, the default aircraft in 2020 may not compare to existing payware quality for a while (unless they can be ported over).

So keep on flying for now!

• Like 1