Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

I will not fly again...

1 hour ago, Max50 said:

Where does one find this information?

I've heard the same. It's meaningless, nobody knows the specs of the PCs. It was at a controlled, invitation-only Micosoft event. Absolutely meaningless. 

5 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I'm sure they were, on $10k PCs. I hope you're young and in good health.

Haha not really

Stop drawing a comparison with today's (xplane P3D). The engine was absolute garbage for the performance.

5 hours ago, mtr75 said:

I've heard the same. It's meaningless, nobody knows the specs of the PCs. It was at a controlled, invitation-only Micosoft event. Absolutely meaningless. 

I know the specs and this hardware really doesn't costed them 10k dollars...

i7 8700k
64GB of ram
RTX 2080 Ti

Wloc said he is running the sim on the office in a 3 years old and not high-end GPU and it's running really well in ALPHA.

Everything will be meaningless to you, but not for the ones interested on the new flight sim. 

Edited by ca_metal

6 hours ago, Max50 said:

Where does one find this information?

It's in the multiple videos/articles talking about the sim. There was a video where a guy could take a look on the specs of the system he was using, on the Seattle Global Preview event.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Wloc said he is running the sim on the office in a 3 years old and not high-end GPU and it's running really well in ALPHA.

Source for this statement is here (in french, question about hardware starts at 6:57)

• Like 2

Um don't tell the OP his decision is silly. His time, his choice.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Hey dude, Xplane11 is awesome. Dont miss out, I mean one word: Zibo 😊

I know FS2020 is what you want but in the meantime enjoy what I feel is currently the best sim out there and the Zibo gives you realistic airliner flying for nothing. And its tested regularly by a real world B738 Captain too.

And before I get hollered at 😁 - I have both XPL1 and FSX on my computer. So Im not fanboying. Both have their + and - 

Everyone has to know for themselves.

I bought FSX in 2006 and deleted it after about a year. The graphics were easy compared to other games and linked to fps too bad. Two years ago I tried again, but installing the add-ons was too much for me. 

And now finally comes what I always dreamed of. Good graphics and a lot of realism out of the box. Only the wait still bothers me 😅

My post got deleted, apparently contrary opinions aren't welcome here. Good. Enjoy waiting. And I hope you're young. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

My post got deleted, apparently contrary opinions aren't welcome here. Good. Enjoy waiting. And I hope you're young. 

Don't feel bad, mine got zapped as well. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:15 PM, Mace said:

If I stopped flying, I'd forget everything by the time MSFS came out.

go to runway, apply full power, pull back on stick.  start there and the rest might follow. 🙂

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.