Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Fractal Design Define S2 (EXCELLENT!)

For anyone thinking about a new mid tower case and DOSN'T want all the fancy LED lighting, This case is simply outstanding.

I'm just moving my rig from a stupidly big and expensive Corsair 780T full tower, into the Define S2 mid tower. The S2 was half the price of the Corsair but at least TWICE the build quality and brilliantly designed.

Apart from perhaps Lan-Li and one or two specialty cases I've used over the last 25-30 years, this has to be one of the very best quality (build) items I've ever used to build in.  

I must have used almost every other major case over the years, but this is the 1st Fractal Design item I've purchased. I'm not now likely to use another.  And no, I dont work for them lol.

For tan excellent and full review of this case see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-NGZmS9Sc0&t=558s

Takes a LOT to impress me these days but I now consider myself thoroughly impressed lol

• Like 1

Another happy Fractal owner...

I'll keep it in mind for my next build 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yep, happy customer here as well.  Have really enjoyed my Define R6 Blackout.  Best case I've used so far.  I'm likely to stay with FD.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Hi Dougal,

Rick (vc10man) has asked me to post his thanks for your recommendation for this case. He is building his own system and intends to use that case. Rick no longer wishes to post on AvSim.

12 months ago I ordered a new system from Chillblast and also chose the Fractal case. I'm very pleased with it too.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have the same case, black color though, love it. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I use the R5 with the front door removed and upgraded fans great air flow and silent only when I start P3Dv4 do my fans spin faster but still cool.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Dougal,

Rick (vc10man) has asked me to post his thanks for your recommendation for this case. He is building his own system and intends to use that case. Rick no longer wishes to post on AvSim.

12 months ago I ordered a new system from Chillblast and also chose the Fractal case. I'm very pleased with it too.

Thanks Ray. There are several variations of the same case. I chose this one as I water cool and need space for pump & Res.  It really is an awesone case.

Sorry we didnt get to hook up at Cosford. After all my talk, I never made it there:-(  I woke up sick on Saturday and the word not allowed car wouldn't start on Sunday (bad fuel pump). I was well ****ed off lol. Where does Rick hang out these days? PM if more appropriate:-)

Take care sir

Hi Dougal,

Sorry to hear of your car troubles and feeling poorly. Hopefully fighting fit now.

Rick is in Lancashire but quite where I don’t know. I can PM you his email if you want to keep in touch.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Dougal,

Sorry to hear of your car troubles and feeling poorly. Hopefully fighting fit now.

Rick is in Lancashire but quite where I don’t know. I can PM you his email if you want to keep in touch.

I was just curious what forums he used these days, if any, but dont worry,

21 minutes ago, Dougal said:

I was just curious what forums he used these days, if any, but dont worry,

None that I know of, sorry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/12/2019 at 2:33 PM, Dougal said:

For anyone thinking about a new mid tower case and DOSN'T want all the fancy LED lighting, This case is simply outstanding.

I'm just moving my rig from a stupidly big and expensive Corsair 780T full tower, into the Define S2 mid tower. The S2 was half the price of the Corsair but at least TWICE the build quality and brilliantly designed.

Apart from perhaps Lan-Li and one or two specialty cases I've used over the last 25-30 years, this has to be one of the very best quality (build) items I've ever used to build in.  

I must have used almost every other major case over the years, but this is the 1st Fractal Design item I've purchased. I'm not now likely to use another.  And no, I dont work for them lol.

For tan excellent and full review of this case see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-NGZmS9Sc0&t=558s

Takes a LOT to impress me these days but I now consider myself thoroughly impressed lol

Just wanted to say a great big thank you to you, Phil, because your OP here led me to build a new rig for my i7-8086K using the Fractal Design case. Not the one you opted for but nevertheless a mid-tower Fractal Design. And boy, compared to my 'weightlifting' Antec 900/2 full tower, with its heavy Noctua NH-D14 air cooler, this Fractal Design is so much lighter.

And it took an Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero motherboard, G.Skill Trident 32Gb(2x16Gb) sticks, plus an NZXT Kraken X52 AIO(my very first attempt), and to say that I am chuffed is an understatement. All due thanks to you pointing in the right direction.

Thanks Dougal, and everyone else for this info

Need to upgrade when new sim comes out, so will  definitely look at this