Sign in to follow this  
Markdichtl

QW 787 published LVARS, linda module updated ?

Hi!

I downloaded a while ago latest (0.8beta) qw 787 Linda module but I only can use my L EFIS/DSP control panel hardware with it. I noticed that since you published the module, QW launched a list of LVARs for many ( not sure if all) events for the 787, including the R EFIS/DSP LVARS. 

I wonder if those latest LVARS could be used for adding the new functions to the R EFIS. 

<attachment deleted - unreadable>

Right now only I manage to use ( with some issues, but working) my L 787 EFIS hardware, using linda 

thanks in advance

Mark Dichtl

Edited by ScotFlieger
attachment removed

What EFIS/DSP hardware are you referring to?

It is very unlikely that I will be able to do any changes to the QW787 module as this is an aircraft I do not use. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot!

as hardware I mean the FLIGHTSIM PM EFIS/DSP CONTROL PANELS. I have both L and R pieces of hardware. I use Linda to control the L. But I have no R lua script to match the LVARS that QW published  recently for almost every 787 LVARS ( including for both L and R EFIS control panels)

https://www.flightsimpm.com/web-store/Boeing-787-EFIS-Display-Select-Panel-p118986855

I have not come across the FlightSim panels before. It all depends on what outputs from the panels that FSUIPC (and therefore LINDA) can detect. I assume that the EFIS/DSP panels appear as attached devices.

With Developer Mode set (Setup LINDA page), open the LINDA Console and set LINDA Logging to VERBOSE. Pressing any button should display what button is pressed and the OnPress/OnRelease function assigned. What happens when you rotate a knob? Do you get a similar response? If not then there is no way LINDA can work with the panels.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi!,

yes, both when pressing a button or rotating an encoder from the R EFIS Ctroll panel, i have a number in verbose like this : btn 1DD211500-2=000000.......10000000....  both EFIS hardware are identical. The L works find as I mentioned ( because using qw787 Linda module, I could assign EFIS functions to almost all the buttons and encoders ) but as I said, I have no available LUA scripts to be coupled to the R EFIS ( to interact in the qw Sim into the copilot displays). The R EFIS hardware is readable vía Linda, but the only functions available to be assigned are the ones for the captain controlled EFIS displays ( R EFIS control panel hardware)

To summarize,

both EFIS ( L AND R) hardware are readable and programable vía LINDA. The L one is  already working with existing L EFIS values coupled with LINDA. But as for the R EFIS hardware, Looking into the existing qw 787 module, There is no R EFIS values to be assigned, only L ( ( therefore only workable on captain’s display, not on the copilot one, as I shoul be)

The QW787 module is only a limited implementation of the values available and we tend to concentrate on the captain's controls. You can use those EFIS function provided to write your own functions for the FO's EFIS. This is dependant on what Lvars are now available. It is not something I have the time or inclination to undertake.

If rotating the knob each generate a discrete button press, then you should be able to use the existing _inc and _dec function that corresponds to the knob use.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The LVARS for the R EFIS are available. But I don’t know how to program them in LUA 🤔

”I have not the time or inclination to undertake”, that’s what I didn’t know. Now that I know, I will see IF I can start learning how to do such a thing. I understand for you it’s easy, for me not that easy... I am afraid. I am airline captain flying 787. For me it’s easy to fly it. May be for you it isn’t 🤷‍♂️ 

Thanks for replying aynway