Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Prepar3D.exe has stopped working?

Everything works okay but every time I exit P3Dv4.5 (30-40 seconds later), the above box pops up. There is no problem that I can find in the HTML files that show some syntax problem. I seem to remember the same thing from FSX but too long ago for my old brain to recollect.

Can someone tell me what might be the cause? And the fix?

Thanks for help

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Please download AppCrashView and run it.  It will automatically pull up your CTDs and you can select the latest CTD for P3D.  Click (or right click) on the Prepar3d CTD and it will provide information that you can copy and paste here in the forum.

Additionally, AVSIM has a CTD Guide that is FANTASTIC, and once you know what the issue is (from AppCrashView) you and the people here can start to figure things out.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks Dave, I will get on it this morning. However...is it a CTD? I had already checked the "YES" to quitting P3D, sim closed (or so I thought) and after 20-30 seconds the "problem" popup. Except for that prompt everything seems normal.

It happens every time I exit P3D and is quite annoying.  Hope AppCrashView will find the flaw.

Regards

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi Neal,

It could be down to the Windows 7 / GSX combination. If so, then it’s a known issue and, sadly, will never be fixed now. The author, Umberto, has made that very clear as Windows 7 is no longer supported by FSDT.

It’s more of an irritation than indicative of anything serious. As an experiment try disabling GSX before a P3D session, start P3D and then exit.

Regards,

Mike

I don't see where OP said he was running on Windows 7, but I have an attention deficiency.

Application stops running is the definition for an application hang, and the AppCrashView will simply provide AppHang as the faulting module.  My first guess is that P3D is waiting for one of the child modules (aka addons) to finish closing down.  As Mike suggested this could be bglmanx64.dll related to GSX but I've not seen this problem reported recently so I'd start looking at other addons.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you all for input. I am running Win7 Ultimate and do have GSX

AppCrashView just has a "No crashes" entry or  (crashes=0)..forgot  exact phrase.

As Mike says...."an irritation" 

One of these days I must bite the bullet and move to Win10 😧, have it on two laptops and much prefer good old Win7.

Thanks again

Neal H

• Upvote 1

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I have had this issue from the first time I installed P3DV4. I am using Windows 7, and I had it before GSX. It is just one of the things I have come to live with.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad