Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Scenery Conflicts

I recently purchased LVFR KEYW airport and I am having flashing textures on the runway (and only the runway).  I am thinking that I have a scenery conflict some where but not sure where it is or how to find and address.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Freeware Littlenavmap in the Airport Information screen shows the bgls in use for that airport. That is how I track down conflicts like this.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I had an extream case that an airport add-on in Argentina cause gound texture go black somewhere in Marshall islands... I only figer it out by deactivate scenery by half per time.....

Flashing runway textures are less likely to be a scenery conflict than an issue with elevation or mesh.  If the addon doesn't have a cvx file then I suggest using ADE to add an airport flattening polygon and use that to solve any elevation problems.  I've used this technique on a few not well developed addons already. It takes five minutes. Simple.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 10/13/2019 at 4:24 PM, pgde said:

Freeware Littlenavmap in the Airport Information screen shows the bgls in use for that airport. That is how I track down conflicts like this.

I know this is a bit after the event. How do you find this? Where is it? There is nothing like that on mine: If I go to the airport on the map, it just gives weather, runways and co-ordinates on the split screen below it.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I'm just curious if anybody has been able to fix the Key West LVFR conflict.  I have it right now

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I know this is a bit after the event. How do you find this? Where is it? There is nothing like that on mine: If I go to the airport on the map, it just gives weather, runways and co-ordinates on the split screen below it.

Here you go:  After installing LittleNavMap, ensure you have 'read' / loaded your scenery database (Scenery Library > Load scenery library).  then open the 'search' window (Alt +1).  In the airport tab of that window, type in the ident of the airport, in this example KEYW, and hit return.  In the (different) 'Information" window (Alt + 3), click the 'airport' tab and scroll all the way to the bottom.  You'll see an information area called 'Scenery'.  There you will find a list of all the relevant scenery files in use for that airport.  Those that are active are listed in a blue font (on my machine) and those that are inactive are black / greyed out.  Clicking on the blue, active scenery filename opens a separate (explorer) window where the file is located.  

Edited by joby33y
schpelling
  • Upvote 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Thanks for the assist joby33y!

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

I have loaded the scenery and seen that it has loaded.

The information screen appears, with the Airport tab.

Towards the bottom of the screen there is a heading "Scenery" but there is nothing. 

The next heading is Links. (Copy and Paste follows)

Scenery

Links

SkyVector

FlightAware

OpenNav

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Are you using xml-based airports (i.e. the 'new' way of adding airports)? If so, have you checked "Read Prepar3d XML add-on packages" on the Load Scenery Database screen? And, to see the entries for scenery you need to click on the airport of interest (like KEYW), then click as shown in other posts. The fact that you can't see the default base files under Scenery indicates something is wrong.

FYI fix has been posted in the LVFR forum.  Just go there and download+run the file.  Good from there.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

12 hours ago, pgde said:

Are you using xml-based airports (i.e. the 'new' way of adding airports)? If so, have you checked "Read Prepar3d XML add-on packages" on the Load Scenery Database screen? And, to see the entries for scenery you need to click on the airport of interest (like KEYW), then click as shown in other posts. The fact that you can't see the default base files under Scenery indicates something is wrong.

I am using both. And yes I have ticked XML and for good measure unused as well.

I have tried 2 payware and one standard airport and still there is absolutely nothing.

So yes, something is very wrong. I think I must delete the program and re-install it. perhaps something went wrong on installation..

Thanks, anyway.