Sign in to follow this  
kand

LUX level approaching dusk

Does anyone else notice how dark the ground gets in P3d (on v 4.5 hf2) when the sun is low? Is there a way to brighten up the terrain/objects by increasing the amount of light pre dusk within the shaders? I have tried with Tshade but find increasing the levels to get a good light level at dusk messes up the midday light level saturation.

any help gratefully appreciated! 

Default shaders, the only change I have made is to turn the lights on earlier

With the sun this low, there is no way the ground would be that dark 

2019-10-15-14-27-37-275.jpg

Could you also post the time, date and location?  I want to check how it looks on my system.

[EDIT: Okay, I have found out that this is Palma de Mallorca. Just post the time of the day].

Edited by Afterburner

Add these lines and play with the numbers this is what I have in my p3d cfg

In the graphics section

[GRAPHICS]
DAY_THRESHOLD=50000
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=4096

and Ive increased the max light numbers

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=700

Edited by Boeing or not going

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

Add these lines and play with the numbers this is what I have in my p3d cfg

In the graphics section

[GRAPHICS]
DAY_THRESHOLD=50000
NIGHT_THRESHOLD=4096

and Ive increased the max light numbers

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=800
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=700

Thanks, but that setting only affects the times that the night lighting comes on/off

Afterburner, Yes, HDR used, I have the values at the default level, just turned the brightness up to 1.6 and it looks better now but that will probably affect something else. Yes it was LEPA (2100 local 21/06/19) as I have just spent a week there, from the roof of my hotel I was surprised at how bright it was even after the sun had set. In P3D the ambient light drops significantly as the sun angle decreases.

Going to play around with TS again as this must be easily solved

Hi,

One thing to keep in mind is that when you look towards the sun or to an area nearby, the HDR function will darken the whole picture to accommodate for the brightness of the sun (it's like if you use a camera and direct it towards the sun - the exposure value changes, and things around the sun become darker). This is the eye adaptation effect.

If you point the camera at the opposite side of the sun (or the ground), it will brighten the whole image. I personally have set the brightness in the HDR settings to 1.3. It also makes the night a little brighter, but that can be compensated by reducing the value of the "TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY" in the p3d.cfg.