Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Rockliffe

Error Shader File: Fresh Install

Recommended Posts

After having reinstalled a fresh P3D v4.5 along with a compatible(?) PTA V2.66, followed the instructions to the letter, and done so twice, I still see 3 error messages at the bottom of the PTA GUI. This is really starting to get boring. I've had this several times previously, but TBH, never posted anything about it and gone with another shader mod. Now I've done a fresh install I'm trying to get the sim working spot on. Is there a reason for this? Also, one of the real tweaks I want to use in PTA is to turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect, however, this is not working either. Help with this would be appreciated, thanks fellas.

IMG-3015.jpg

 

 

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, CPlight MCP, Virtual Fly TQ.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These errors started from the recent P3Dv4.5 hotfix 2 version 4.5.13.32097 update PTA still haven't updated it yet to be compatible with HF2 what I did is deleted ShadersHLSL and replaced it with the old one from HF1 version 4.5.12.30293 and always run PTA as administrator this is the only working solution I know of until he updates it.

Edited by Whiskey Hotel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whiskey Hotel said:

These errors started from the recent P3Dv4.5 hotfix 2 version 4.5.13.32097 update PTA still haven't updated it yet to be compatible with HF2 what I did is deleted ShadersHLSL and replaced it with the old one from HF1 version 4.5.12.30293 and always run PTA as administrator this is the only working solution I know of until he updates it.

Great 😒 ... do you know if it's possible to turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect without PTA?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, CPlight MCP, Virtual Fly TQ.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Great 😒 ... do you know if it's possible to turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect without PTA?

I doubt it - but check your PM!

I've all but given up hope with PTA and am spending most of my time re-tweaking my TomatoShade presets.

Adam.


NZFsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I doubt it - but check your PM!

I've all but given up hope with PTA and am spending most of my time re-tweaking my TomatoShade presets.

Adam.

Hmm, think I will do the same Adam, cheers.


Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, CPlight MCP, Virtual Fly TQ.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattDavies said:

Update to 2.67. 

Will this work 100% Matt? in particular, switching off HDR luminance adaptation effect.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, CPlight MCP, Virtual Fly TQ.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will fix your red errors, which you get when you try to use PTA with an incompatible version of P3D.


Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MattDavies said:

It will fix your red errors, which you get when you try to use PTA with an incompatible version of P3D.

OOOooh dear .... I copied over my HLSL backup (fresh after HF2 Client install), installed 2.67 and immediately got a red error on HDR.hlsl.

OK ... back to plan A. Uninstalled P3D Client and checked HLSL folder gone (it was) ... then reinstalled the client. Backed up the new HLSL folder for safety's ske.

Re-ran PTA 2.67 on got the same red error.

Does anyone actually check this stuff out? Seriously UNimpressed.

Adam.


NZFsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

OOOooh dear .... I copied over my HLSL backup (fresh after HF2 Client install), installed 2.67 and immediately got a red error on HDR.hlsl.

OK ... back to plan A. Uninstalled P3D Client and checked HLSL folder gone (it was) ... then reinstalled the client. Backed up the new HLSL folder for safety's ske.

Re-ran PTA 2.67 on got the same red error.

Does anyone actually check this stuff out? Seriously UNimpressed.

Adam.

Ditto

 


Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kludge/workaround to this is to copy the offending HDR.hlsl file from the [P3D] HLSL/PostProcess folder to the [PTA] /SHADERS_BACKUP/PostProcess folder.

At least you can then run PTA 2.67. without any errors.

Adam.


NZFsim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only work with what I have. I used the latest version from the website (pro plus version) to compare the HDR shader (and any others) as I assumed regardless of the version of P3D, they would be the same. That appears NOT to be the case, hence why mine seems to work and a handful of others doesn't. I'll fix it today now I've got hold of the "other" shader. 

I don't know how I am supposed to test stuff I don't know about 😕


Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

The kludge/workaround to this is to copy the offending HDR.hlsl file from the [P3D] HLSL/PostProcess folder to the [PTA] /SHADERS_BACKUP/PostProcess folder.

At least you can then run PTA 2.67. without any errors.

Adam.

Nice one Adam 😃


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 14 cores @ 4.7 - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

I can only work with what I have. I used the latest version from the website (pro plus version) to compare the HDR shader (and any others) as I assumed regardless of the version of P3D, they would be the same. That appears NOT to be the case, hence why mine seems to work and a handful of others doesn't. I'll fix it today now I've got hold of the "other" shader. 

I don't know how I am supposed to test stuff I don't know about 😕

You are doing great sofar Matt 👍


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 14 cores @ 4.7 - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Inno3D RTX3090 X4 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Inno3D RTX 3090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** REDOWNLOAD THE 2.67 VERSION ***

That *should* fix the issues you're having. Make sure you have clean shaders before trying it. 


Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    45%
    $11,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...