Rockliffe

Error Shader File: Fresh Install

38 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

I don't know how I am supposed to test stuff I don't know about 😕

Matt - with the greatest respect ... how many of your PTA users are likely to be running the Pro plus version? It's entirely possible that there are other differences between the Pro Plus version and what [I guess] the majority of us are using, so I'd have thought testing it on the regular version should have been part of the process <??>.

I suppose we live and learn ... I'll give the new upload a try 😉

Adam.

NZFSIM_Logo_Banner_334_31.png

By the same sentiment, the last 2.5 years haven't posed a difference in shaders between versions, so why now? Sure it's something I need to be aware of in the future but until it became a problem, I wasn't really ever to know about it. 

Edited by MattDavies

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

As far as I know the Shaders are the same.

Later today I will try this latest version

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I re-downloaded the revised version. All appears to be working fine now (thanks) 🙂 ... back to business!

Adam.

• Like 1

Tried everything as told before in this forum. Still I can, however, use 2.66. So i stick to that. Got the three ERROR as Rockliffe started to describe. The only thing I have not done is to delete and reload a new Client. Is that a solution? If so, how is it that a program which is payware is so hard to update? I think i will look for something else that is less complicated. So far I have been much satisfied with PTA. 

Odaber

Edited by odaber

Has anyone come up with a solution on the starting topic? 2.67 will still not work for me, as described by Rockliffe. 

Edited by odaber

10 hours ago, odaber said:

Has anyone come up with a solution on the starting topic? 2.67 will still not work for me, as described by Rockliffe. 

See your PMs.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; P3D v4.5 HF2

same here.. new version of PTA is producing the same errors for me..... NOT amazed....

Carsten U

2.67 not working for me either, as I'm getting the three errors as others have mentioned.  I reinstalled 2.66 and will just run with that.

Curt Branch

Hmm, I can confirm fellas, that after reinstalling the latest client and installing PTA v2.67, all is good. I have found though that following the installation of PTA to the letter is helpful.

Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Okay, thank you, Howard, I stand corrected.  Version 2.67 does work, but I had to reinstall the P3D Client a second time.  Apparently, my using v2.66 with the updated client leaves behind stuff that can't be remedied without doing a fresh client install.

Curt Branch

11 hours ago, curt1 said:

Apparently, my using v2.66 with the updated client leaves behind stuff that can't be remedied without doing a fresh client install.

Any more detail on what kind of "stuff" we're talking about? Might be useful to know.

Adam.

11 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Any more detail on what kind of "stuff" we're talking about? Might be useful to know.

Adam.

Adam, sorry, I actually don't know.  Each time I tried to use v2.67 I received errors.  I would clear my shaders and try again, and still errors would persist.  So I uninstalled PTA and the P3D client, and then reinstalled both before it would work.  Had I not used v2.66 with HF2, I probably wouldn't have had any issues, but I'm just guessing.   

Curt Branch