Sign in to follow this  
fwessel

Follow Me Car Swirling in the Air

I am using UGCX with P3Dv4 and flyinside. After landing at EDDL (Aerosoft's Mega Airport) on 07L I requested a follow me car heading to gate D8. The car started crossing the bridge over to the other side of the airport and then went straight through one of the buildings left to the bridge. Behind the building it started swirling in the air as if it had been caught by a tornado. Wouldn't come down to the ground again. Could it have something to do with the elevation of the bridge? The car fell off to the left just before the tornado thing started 🙂

Try requesting follow me in a place where you know or be sure it wouldnt go over a bridge, to ensure it was something with the bridge. Also take a screenshot of the follow me car's path from the map, to see it's trayectory.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Will do next weekend! In any case, it must have something to do with the bridge and/or the trajectory. Even before it fell off the Bridge, the car wasn't following the line on the taxiway. Can it be that the bgl file was not scanned properly and that UGCX was using the standard and not the addon bgl file for EDDF? I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Edited by fwessel

8 hours ago, byork said:

You can tell by the file name if it's 3rd party or not

Yes, we first need to confirm if it's reading the correct scenery file

spacer.png

It seems that the addon bgl was scanned correctly ...

C:\Flugsimulation\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 P3D V4\scenery\EDDF_AFX-OP06.BGL

That is what the log file states. I will do a bit of experimenting now ...

Edited by fwessel

Taxi was fine this time - the car crossed the bridge correctly. Different this time was that I followed the car with a slightly larger distance. When I got closer to it - I didn't drive into it 🙂 - it started to kind of oscillate from left to right. This rather abnormal behavior stopped as soon as the distance got larger again. Shortly afterwards, the car suddenly no longer followed the taxiway to Gate D8 at EDDL but took a 'shortcut' to the left going through other cars and aircraft. The route seemed to be more or less the straight and direct line to Delta 8. The taxiways and the marking were just ignored.

Any ideas? Was Henrik driving again?

Apart from that - the software is just great!!!

Edited by fwessel

The same happend in Munich EDDM. The car appear in front of me, I followed and then the car didn't keep a constant distance - instead its speed increases rather drastically and the car started to oscillate from left to right, then "calmed" down again. I had to roll at 35 knots to close in on the car and I then follow across the entire airport. I ended up somewhere on the gras but definitely not at the desired gate. It was funny, but the passengers complained 🙂