Sign in to follow this  
cepact

I'm expecting PMDG on day one

If PMDG is already in contact with Microsoft/Asobo and have early access to the SDK/Tech Alpha and have access to the team for tech support , then there is no reason why we wouldn't have at least one of the PMDG aircrafts available on release day

think of it, they have everything, the game, the SDK, and I imagine they can call or visit the team whenever they want to get information

• Like 2

That is a mighty conjecture based on only the premise of "if..."

At this juncture there is precisely zero evidence that anyone has "early access" to an SDK, much less a working version of MSFS.

To the contrary, it is a near certainty that the earliest access 3pd devs will have will be once it moves into the Beta testing cycle. Why is this most likely the case? Simple logic. The SDK will need to be Beta tested as well, and there's no better time.

• Like 7

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't think it`s that simple I don't think third party developers have been sitting around waiting for a new sim to come out, most have their hands full getting products out for the present sims, when you think the airports that are in the pipeline and updates to present products, it could be two years for some to get something out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, cepact said:

If PMDG is already in contact with Microsoft/Asobo and have early access to the SDK/Tech Alpha and have access to the team for tech support , then there is no reason why we wouldn't have at least one of the PMDG aircrafts available on release day

I've been saying this since about the second week.  They've already had a couple of years that they could have been working on an aircraft for the new sim.

Yeah, it's an IF... but it's not impossible.  We can't rule it out at this point.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Assuming they like the new MS posture regarding their own store so MS doesn’t get any cut of their sales, the would be silly to not develop for this platform. It’s clearly the next step. I’m wondering just how “backward compatible” the backwards compatibility mode will be - they could do a 2 step migration, one with the (maybe slightly modified) current version, and then a full fledged new version with all the new bells and whistles. That will be a year after GA....

I have it on good authority that the PMDG Queen of the sky III, the 777 and the NGX will be working in MSFS 2020 in legacy mode on day 1. All you have to do is go over to the the PMDG website and pick up your new license and download with MSFS 2020 installer for $139.99, $134.99 and $89.99 respectively (not including expansion packs) PMDG tried to keep the prices the same as the previous entertainment version but unfortunately those darn lawyer keep gouging them every time they need to edit those pesky EULA's.😁

Edited by Avidean
  • Like 7

I’m already flying MSFS 2020 with PMDG...

You guys should really get with the program. It’s awesome. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I love to see the enthusiasm, but wow, some of the thread topics being started lately

It's certainly entertaining!

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I think MSFS 20 is so innovating it will cure a whole host of incurable diseases.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

I sort of agree with the OP, in  my personal opinion, i think some companies have been in the works with the new sim for a while now. I could be very wrong also. I just get the hunch that some of these "Secret projects" companies have been hinting out at could be to do with this sim. 

We will find out in a year or so maybe earlier. 

Maybe not day one but very soon after. 

I hope MSFS will be PMDG-free for some time instead.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Be interesting to see how long after release it will be before users start posting about what they want included and they miss always happens.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Oh my, trying to determine if I've entered the Twilight Zone or reached the Outer Limits 🙂 

So you think the new sim started with Microsoft coding SDK to support third party aircraft before they even had a working core product?  How's that work?

I love to see the enthusiasm, but wow, some of the thread topics being started lately ... don't worry, I'm sure PMDG, FSLabs, etc. will eventually have a product for MSFS ... patience is a virtue.

Cheers, Rob.

Passed the Outer Limit some months ago and still accelerating............

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

This would be the same PMDG that defines "soon" as 3+ years? 🤣 I'd be surprised if PMDG get anything ported to MFS2020 within 6 months of release! Especially if they use the new aerodynamic simulation and new model and texture formats, that's a lot of work. Which they will charge a pretty penny for, you can be sure of.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Add to that the big announcement at the 2018 show is it a plane or superman no a product that's been worked on for 10 YEARS.

Raymond Fry.