Sign in to follow this  
cepact

I'm expecting PMDG on day one

It's going to be interesting in a year when we see whose crystal balls worked and whose didn't. 🙂

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On 10/14/2019 at 4:25 AM, ckyliu said:

This would be the same PMDG that defines "soon" as 3+ years? 🤣 I'd be surprised if PMDG get anything ported to MFS2020 within 6 months of release! Especially if they use the new aerodynamic simulation and new model and texture formats, that's a lot of work. Which they will charge a pretty penny for, you can be sure of.

Hahaha!  So true!

Look at how long it’s taking for them to update the NGX in an already available sim, P3D! Several years and still waiting!

I doubt PMDG will have anything out for MSFS2020 for at least a year post release as their roadmap for updating the 747,737,777 for P3D will take them that long.

No way will PMDG release a legacy AC into MSFS2020 without updating it and adding all the aerodynamic effects etc...  PMDG just doesn’t operate that way based on their past history...

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Look at how long it’s taking for them to update the NGX in an already available sim, P3D! Several years and still waiting!

1. The NG3 is a completely new, standalone product and NOT an update to the NGX, so it understandably takes time.
2. Because of 1., the NGX is not going to get another update because it's going to be replaced.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 hours ago, domkle said:

Loved @Alan_A’s post in response to Randazzo’s message. 

Thanks!

I've actually been doing Kremlinology across the board, not just in regard to PMDG.  I'm intrigued by the number of aircraft developers that have gone more-or-less silent during what would normally be an active (fourth quarter) release period.  Also intrigued by the things that are being announced.  Aeroplane Heaven, for example, seems to be piling features into its C-47/DC-3 project - in his most recent Sim Outhouse post , AH developer Barry (who signs as Bazzar) said they were adding such things as a fully functional Sperry autopilot and "gated, spring-loaded mixture controls."  I don't honestly see why you'd put that level of work into a product for a sim that's about to be challenged by a major new entrant - unless you were anticipating that your product would be around for a long time.  I'm just speculating - I don't have any inside knowledge of the product or of anybody's plans - but I'm going to guess that this and other development projects have their sights on MSFS.

And about the SDK - I'm wondering if a forward-looking development team - like MS/Asobo seems to be - might make its development into a collaborative or at least consultative process.  Not necessarily third-party developers working on it, but I could easily see the development team asking third parties what kind of access and hooks they'd need in order to implement certain features.  So it may not be a matter of third parties waiting around for a finished SDK to drop.

Again - disclaimer - I know nothing.  I'm just sitting here with my magnifying loupe and my knowledge of airbrushing, looking at the reviewing stand photos and trying to figure out what's going on... 😎

• Like 2

Randazzo has said himself that they will have something big to say soon but can’t say what he would love to say about something which may not come in the near future which may not be big to most people.  Hopefully he will say something about nothing, sooner or possibly later!

Chris Camp

On 10/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, YMMB said:

having lots to say but not having the authority to say it 

My guess is that PMDG will be making their announcement on October 25, when MS said that they’ll kickoff the Partner feature announcement series. 

16 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Kremlinology , why not ? After all, some of our fellow simmers are willing to make FS20 a monolithic party out of which "greedy" (as they say) addon developers that  threaten the Asobo revolution for a new age of simulation, are to be mercilessly excluded!  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don't know if you saw it, but here it is, lastest Randazzo's update:

[15OCT19] Silence, Suspicion and the World of Flight Simming...

15Oct2019, 15:43

Captains,

Since our beginning in 1997, PMDG has generally been pretty talkative about the goings on in/out of the company and specifically our development cycle and what to expect in that regard.

More than a few of you have noticed that we really haven't told you much of anything of late- and it has become a point of concern in a few corners. I thought I would pop up to let you know that things are actually going quite well and while we are being quiet about our workflow and our plans, the silence comes from a good place and brings nothing to be concerned about.

The simming community thrives on information and one of the reasons we have always been fairly free-flowing with information is to make sure you know what you can look forward to from PMDG during the next year-or-so looking forward. We always have the next five years planned out- and I am constantly reminding the team where we are with regard to the various mileposts along the way- and at certain mileposts we share information with you to get you excited about things that are going on, or about to release.

Generally speaking, there are three things that keep us quiet, to include having nothing to say, having lots to say but not having the authority to say it and having something to say but feeling that it is important to wait until the right moment to say it for strategic and/or marketing reasons.

Since the spring, we have been subject to two of those three and I can assure you that our silence is NOT driven by the fact that we have nothing to say. cool.png In fact, quite the opposite: Our silence is hard-fought and has caused me to naturally fade-out a bit because I'm feeling a bit like the kid who knows what you are getting as a birthday gift but can't wait to tell you anyway. Rather than accidentally say something I shouldn't, I have faded to the back of the room a bit to observe and hope nobody notices I'm here. (Which is kinda what I do in real life anyway... If you have ever hung with me at an airshow or an event... So it is sorta funny!)

Bottom line is that we have plenty to tell you, plenty we are very excited about, and we are working diligently in the background on some things that you are really going to enjoy. (Currently most members of the team are working 12h/day 6 or 7 days a week and we have a percentage of the dev team working at all times, 24h a day... It is an interesting time to be on the PMDG team- for reasons that we will discuss at a later date...)

Okay- so yet another message in which I tell you a bunch of stuff and nothing at all at the same time... but I wanted you to know things are going very well. rolleyes.png

Robert S. Randazzo fetch?filedataid=324&sigpic=1
PMDG Simulations
http://www.pmdg.com

Edited by ca_metal

That's what the last pages are about in this same topic 😉

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

5 hours ago, domkle said:

Kremlinology , why not ? After all, some of our fellow simmers are willing to make FS20 a monolithic party out of which "greedy" (as they say) addon developers that  threaten the Asobo revolution for a new age of simulation, are to be mercilessly excluded!  

Perhaps we can have proxy wars where the big developers use us as surrogates to advance their geopolitical interests!

Exciting!

"Currently most members of the team are working 12h/day 6 or 7 days a week"

Most of the PMDG staff is averaging 80 hour work weeks. Translation (pick one):

A. The next product is going to make the current ones look cheap.

B. The DC-3 just got back from an Atlantic crossing and needs everyone on maintenance, specifically oil smudge cleaning and aluminum buffing.

C. They've been quiet on MSFS like the other large developers because MS has got them under NDA, also like a lot of other folks, and they have been working hard to understand the draft SDK that keeps changing with every MSFS announcement.

And to quote the famous Colonel Shultz.......I know nothing.....:biggrin:

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

46 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

And to quote the famous Colonel Shultz.......I know nothing.....:biggrin:

Apparently so because it was Sergeant Shultz. 😊

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

"And to quote the famous Colonel Shultz.......I know nothing.....:biggrin:

I think Klink would have sent him to the Russian front before a promotion.

Edited by YMMB

Why everyone is against PMDG in here? IMO they do quite well with their products. There might be some delays, but the quality worths the wait. 
By the comment they posted in their forum, I’m more than 100% sure that they are the partners. The only question is which aircraft? It cannot be an Airbus family, but can’t say that about Boeing. 
Let’s hope for a legendary like a 47. That would be too good to be true though. 

Edited by raspian300

4 hours ago, raspian300 said:

Why everyone is against PMDG in here? 

It seems you haven’t read the thread...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam