Sign in to follow this  
cepact

I'm expecting PMDG on day one

Unless they're actually lying (and why would they?), it seemed pretty clear from their original statement that they knew nothing about the new sim until it was officially announced. If that's the case then it's impossible that they were working on aircraft for it before the announcement, particularly as Randazzo himself said in the statement posted earlier "We always have the next five years planned out" - that means their current plans must have been made a long time before they knew anything about the new sim.

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

59 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Common sense !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 hours ago, ark said:

Apparently so because it was Sergeant Shultz.

Correct you are. :blush: They say your memory is the first to go, or is that the second....

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

12 hours ago, raspian300 said:

Why everyone is against PMDG in here?

I'm not. I was just trying to add some humor to the thread. I think PMDG make top notch products. In fact I'm hoping that the reason PMDG postponed their JS41 and FSLabs postponed their Concorde is because better flight and engine modeling will be available in MSFS2020.  

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

More fodder for my conspiracy theories - a member at Sim Outhouse just asked about progress on Aeroplane Heaven's Caravelle.  Baz's answer:

In the light of recent events, we are going full PBR for the cockpit. So that's where we are working currently.

"In the light of recent events..."  Now, what could that possibly mean?

Speculate away!

• Like 1

Didn't P3D recently implemented PBR tho? It could be related to that too

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

58 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Both P3D and XP11 use and support PBR so can’t read anything into that.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes but Aeroplane Heaven does not develop for XP11. As far as i know at least.
So that looked more of a thing they are doing for the recent PBR in P3D. This was my impression

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Those are fair points.

I continue to wonder, though, about the intensive work they seem to be putting into current projects.  To me it's inconsistent with a possible shift in revenue to a new platform, maybe as soon as 12 months out.  I'd only want to commit that kind of effort if I was confident in a multi-year revenue stream, and it's less safe now to predict that P3D or X-Plane will continue to perform at current levels.

And I honestly think that if it was just a question of P3D or X-Plane PBR implementation, the phrasing wouldn't be as coy. You could as easily say, "now that P3D supports PBR, we're putting our efforts into that," as opposed to hinting about "recent events."

All speculative on my part, of course, and there's only so much that can be accomplished by parsing phrases and reading tea leaves.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see!

Edited by Alan_A
  • Upvote 1

Rob may as well have just said it out loud lol.  His post makes it almost concrete that PMDG are partners.

Not having the authority to say? He's the boss man! That can only mean MS is stopping him.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I would be perfectly happy with MSFS running at 30 FPS at a highly detailed airport (KORD) with 100% AI traffic, 20% road/boat traffic, ATC, extreme weather with snow/rain, and dynamic lights and reflections, and PBR, and ground service vehicles and passengers all doing their thing in a highly complex aircraft (like FSLabs or PMDG or ...) with the latest Navigraph cycle and generating leading edge vortices, wheel spray, brake dust, engine water spout, jet blast/wash  ... and that's exactly what I can get right now in P3D.

Have you or anyone seen all this working in MSFS yet?  Every single one of these features is going to add load to CPU/GPU.

Are you comparing FPS in a default MSFS vs. a fully loaded P3D or XP11?  In a default P3D all maxed (and I do mean all) out I average 82 FPS.  I get the quest for FPS, but you should know there is no magical code based on "age" ... there are compiler options, CPU specific instruction sets, there are GPU accelerated features all of which are hardware dependent (and not everyone has the supporting hardware), there is rendering pipeline order (which is give and take).

Don't get me wrong, I love what I see in MSFS, but it's still has a long way to go to catch up with P3D which MS has acknowledged and over time MS will add the features and it will be realized ... then lets revisit FPS for a more valid feature to feature compare.  Like I've said before, I imagine MSFS will sell like hot cakes on day 1 even without these features we have today ... they will come eventually but don't expect your FPS to stay locked at 60.

Cheers, Rob.

Each iteration of Flight Simulator has been a step backwards,in the fact of not being able to fly this aircraft,or fly into that airport,until waiting for developers to play catch up.Then i shell out more money to get back to where I was,but I now have a better simulation. This is the insanity of my hobby......

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

If PMDG's next "big" announcement is not aligned with MSFS, then don't even bother making it.. nobody's interested in another aircraft that flies at 15 fps in a 15 yr old sim.. 

I remember how they hyped up the whole GFO announcement.. finally it fell flat on their face as most users were totally disappointed.. it was a huge anti climax.. 

hope their next big surprise announcement will not be a dud like that.. 

If it doesn't involve MSFS, then it's going to be pointless.. they're still gonna invest in P3D as part of their next 5 year plan? c'mon !!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

If it doesn't involve MSFS, then it's going to be pointless..

Agreed

The next-gen train is leaving the station...  Better get onboard PMDG

• Upvote 1

It's comforting to know that there are plenty of time travellers around to confirm that the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will be perfect when it is released. Based on the lack of information regarding the final product, I am guessing that time travellers are also subject to an NDA.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am guessing that time travellers are also subject to an NDA.

Nope - we are back from a time when the product has released and the NDA is lifted.

If you have questions, please fire away!

On 10/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, france89 said:

Yes but Aeroplane Heaven does not develop for XP11. As far as i know at least.
So that looked more of a thing they are doing for the recent PBR in P3D. This was my impression

PBR has been in P3D for almost a year I think. I wouldn't call it a recent event.