Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Feature suggestion

Hi Bryan,

thanks for the 1.3 update... amazing job... it works very well...!

One suggestion (it is not a critical item, so I just call it "suggestion" .. :-) ). I would like to eliminate the annoying green bar that appears on the top of the screen any time UGCX is muted and remains there until it is unmuted. As I also would like to have an option to talk to the ground crew by selecting the A/C interphone, would it be possible in a future update to combine the two things, i.e. to have to use the interphone, as in real world, to talk to the ground crew, and to use the interphone selector as a "soft mute" key so that UGCX is always muted unless the interphone is used and no message is shown on the screen ? 

Thanks again for the good work ..!

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

4 hours ago, Eziocin said:

thanks for the 1.3 update... amazing job... it works very well...!

Thanks!

One suggestion (it is not a critical item, so I just call it "suggestion" .. 🙂 ). I would like to eliminate the annoying green bar that appears on the top of the screen any time UGCX is muted and remains there until it is unmuted

Don't worry you can always tell us your suggestions, we will always receive it and analyze how to implement it.

About the green bar, we have an option that disables/supresses most of the green bar messages except for that one so if the user by accident leaves it checked, and the hard/soft mute is on, the user would know it's on. But we could analyze other ways to solve this.

would it be possible in a future update to combine the two things, i.e. to have to use the interphone, as in real world, to talk to the ground crew

I think it's possible, it sounds to me a more like "push-to-talk" functionability, so when you press a key stroke combination the module would hear what you say, and not always listenning as it's now, so you can talk to your copilot, and also to the ground crew in two different kinda channels.

Cheers,

spacer.png

I'd also like to chime in and request that the Tow operations could be voice controlled as well as the pushback.

JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

2 hours ago, jport1 said:

I'd also like to chime in and request that the Tow operations could be voice controlled as well as the pushback.

JP

Voice is tricky with towing because you have to read back gate numbers with towing.

I could see people getting frustrated... that's why we limited it to menu control.

However, it's not impossible, we will try to experiment with this!...really, I want also that feature to allow us to talk with the airport/gate!

Manuel

spacer.png

Would it be possible to allow for a manual initialisation of the scenery scan in order to avoid it interfering with the startup process on Ps3D?

Loving the program by the way.

Brian Crawley

It could be possible, but I need to still analyze more this approach of having it build externally, to see if any other adjustment would be required to make it possible.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Couple more suggestions for the developers:

Currently, once the pushback truck reverses back, it just disappears. Can you link its disapperance to a trigger such as the plane starting to move forward + 60 seconds, or plane reaching a groud speed of 15 knots, something like that. Long enough that the truck should be out of view from the cockpit.

Also, the wing people don't seem to climb back into the truck, although I'm pretty sure I've enabled that option. They walk up to the truck, then disappear. Can you please make them climb in? 🙂

All up, great work, guys!

Hey sunmartial,

57 minutes ago, sunmartial said:

Currently, once the pushback truck reverses back, it just disappears. Can you link its disapperance to a trigger such as the plane starting to move forward + 60 seconds, or plane reaching a groud speed of 15 knots, something like that. Long enough that the truck should be out of view from the cockpit.

Yep, it was programmed that way just to "mark the end" of the pushback ground service. But we could add that up, to the version after v1.5, because we would need to analyze it further, if we use the timing, or speed of the plane and closely evaluate if that applies to all type of aircraft, but what you suggest is fine, as the immersion feeling doesn't breaks when the ground crew disappears... 🙂

57 minutes ago, sunmartial said:

Also, the wing people don't seem to climb back into the truck, although I'm pretty sure I've enabled that option. They walk up to the truck, then disappear. Can you please make them climb in? 🙂

Nope they don't actually climb back to the truck, because we didn't have the animations to actually perform the action in the simulation, plus we had to define the place where the agent would be sit or standed on the truck itself. We have some more stuff to do on it. But it's in the to-do list already. So the procedure itself gets more realistic. Thanks by the suggestion.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Hi Manuel

Thanks to your team for releasing 1.7.

I was really hoping that you would have done something though about the truck disappearing immediately after the push back operation is complete. The whole push back thing is such a great experience, and then the sudden disappearance of the truck and crew really spoils it. I would have thought it's quite easy to fix this. Either tying it in to the aircraft speed like I suggested above, or at least just a straight timer. Usually it takes a few minutes to do the checklists, wait for taxi clearance, etc, so would be good to have the truck stick around for at least 5 minutes......

I hope this is added to the next version.

Thanks