Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

Waiting Therapy for FS2020 VR

I'm afraid we'lll still have quite a long way to go before we can enjoy a stable FS2020 sim, letalone a stable VR experience of it.

So what can one do in the meantime:

Tip 1. Enjoy what you have right now. it might be not so bad after all and given the current hype it can only dissapoint when it becomes reality. So keep cool.

Tip 2. There will be more and more sales/ discounts on products for your current sim. If you can bring up the discipline to wait longer until the initial storm has passed and a first major service pack will bring stability (say 2021 ?) you can benefit form this.

Tip 3. There are still hundreds and hundreds of airports you haven't flown into. You'll be surprised how many there are in your current sim.

Tip 4 .If you haven't already, switch from 2D monitor flying to VR in your current sim. By the time you have recovered from the wow factor you'll notice FS2020 is there (time flies when you're having fun) with or without VR.  

Tip 5. Do not watch any more YT videos with updates on FS2020 (this is a tough one...)

Tip 6. anyone ....?

• Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Tip 6. Upgrade your Hardware (Yokes, throttles ect.) so when FS2020 hits you are prepaired for THE experience 😄 (my honeycomb alpha flight is allready underway!)

On 10/14/2019 at 6:20 AM, avhpilot said:

I'm afraid we'lll still have quite a long way to go before we can enjoy a stable FS2020 sim, letalone a stable VR experience of it.

So what can one do in the meantime:

Tip 1. Enjoy what you have right now. it might be not so bad after all and given the current hype it can only dissapoint when it becomes reality. So keep cool.

Tip 2. There will be more and more sales/ discounts on products for your current sim. If you can bring up the discipline to wait longer until the initial storm has passed and a first major service pack will bring stability (say 2021 ?) you can benefit form this.

Tip 3. There are still hundreds and hundreds of airports you haven't flown into. You'll be surprised how many there are in your current sim.

Tip 4 .If you haven't already, switch from 2D monitor flying to VR in your current sim. By the time you have recovered from the wow factor you'll notice FS2020 is there (time flies when you're having fun) with or without VR.  

Tip 5. Do not watch any more YT videos with updates on FS2020 (this is a tough one...)

Tip 6. anyone ....?

I ain't waiting.... I am just going to flying around VR VFR/IFR in Digital Combat Simulator instead. It looks amazing and has a great community. From what I understand the cockpits are fully functional for VR touch...you can aslo do cold and dark startups etc if you want. Check it out.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/DCS_World_Steam_Edition/

I'm happily consuming as much as I can about MSFS 2020, with the hope/expectation/dream that VR will be there someday.

I need to save up a bit before upgrading my computer and VR headset, so I'm trying to convince myself that the waiting is a good thing 😉

Using flight sims to fight my fear of flying.

FearFreeFlight on YouTube

Some of us are too busy enjoying VR in

DCS

XPLANE 11

P3D

FSX

to even care at this point

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2