Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Aerosoft CRJ-1000 major update announced

FYI - announced by Hans the lead developer in the Aerosoft forum

Fixes will come for free but other features like the CRJ-1000, PBR, EFB etc...will be included in an upgrade

Edited by Shomron
  • Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Ya right, where you around for the development of the CRJ? The guy took like 5 years to finish it and it was and still is awful and full of bugs. By the time Hans releases this nobody's going to be using P3D anymore anyway. Good luck to the guy though, he'll need it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

49 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ya right, where you around for the development of the CRJ? The guy took like 5 years to finish it and it was and still is awful and full of bugs. By the time Hans releases this nobody's going to be using P3D anymore anyway. Good luck to the guy though, he'll need it. 

Toxic attitude...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

FYI - announced by Hans the lead developer in the Aerosoft forum

Fixes will come for free but other features like the CRJ-1000, PBR, EFB etc...will be included in an upgrade

Link? Curious what bug fixes they're planning to address.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Aerosoft is will port over their fleet to MSFS2020 one day.....Mathijs Kok mentioned this on their forums....

"We have always said we love all simulators and are the only company that sells addons for FS2004, FSX, P3D, X-plane and AFS2 (are there other flight sims that have a wide audience?). But we simply have to wait for the SDK to be able to know what we can do."

- New Microsoft Flight Simulator: As long as it is technically possible, we plan to do a cross upgrade for the new Flight Simulator. This, however, depends very much on Microsoft.

Edited by Arthur42417

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Well Ron, I'm not sure what prompted such a post from you my friend.

High-end payware airliners that we use in our hobby are often more complex than most of us understand (even those of us who have a great many years in the hobby).  I've been on the team for a many of these products from many different developers during my 37 years in the hobby, and I can tell you that without exception they all have had issues and items to be added post release, and they all suffered from unforeseen issues discovered after the aircraft are installed and run on thousands of different systems with an incalculable number of user hardware and software configurations AND an extremely wide range of other flight sim addons (often time the user hasn't updated) which sometimes affect aircraft software. Of course developers also have to contend with SDKs which are not at all fully encompassing, updates to the base sim and other software which sometimes affect and even break the aircraft code, etc..

Some Hard Truth

Back in 2008 when the NGX was released, I actually hammered PMDG in their forum because of the number of serious issues the product had and I even went so far as to say something akin to "Was this product even Beta Tested?".  I had been a technical program management for US Navy Weapons Systems and had worked Quality Control for the US Department of Defense, so when I saw this software come out with some serious bugs it, well, it got my goat!  Today I'm embarrassed that I failed to take into account just about everything in my "assessment" of PMDG and their work on the NGX, but I share this you and those who read it in hopes that at a minimum it helps others to see things in a proper light rather than the wholesale ignorance I looked at PMDG back in 2008. Shortly after that, I got involved working high-end aircraft behind the scenes for several different developers, and thankfully my eyes were opened.

Why are products released with issues and capabilities to be added later?

It's a fair question. The problem is that this level of complexity in these products (again, I'm talking about ALL High-End Payware Aircraft) which have to be sold at a price affordable to our market, which means that development teams have to be kept smaller than they would be in most other venues where prices for comparable products would easily be 10 or 20 times what we are able to purchase them for, and even if we paid those higher costs the aircraft would still not be issue free and there would still be expansion(s) added down stream. Of course we're not just talking about costs and limits, time also factors in neatly in all of this.

Incidentally, to be best of my recollection, at release the NGX suffered from the same level and number of issues that the CRJ-700/900 had at release.  Again, this is not a condemnation, I use this as an example to provide some perspective to all of of this as I pull the curtains back just a bit to provide a broader view of how things work in our hobby and why.

More about Development Time

In your post above, you mentioned 5 years for the development of the CRJ. I can't say for sure if that's accurate, but I can tell you why it doesn't matter.  What you failed to mention or were not aware of, is that most high-end payware airliners take the same amount of time.  Fun Fact:  It took over 6 years for the development of the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional (another aircraft for which I was one of the primary team members), the PMDG NGX is also in this category, and so on and so on. This is also public knowledge, all it takes is some research to see it.  Moreover, many projects are not even announced until they are pretty far along!  I have to say this... I know that people get excited when a new flight sim product is announced, and I also know that people HATE to wait for things - INCLUDING ME!  Remember, I am a flight simmer first, just like all of you!!!  But we're not designing and building a cardboard box here, we're simulating highly complex aircraft that have to look, feel and operate as close to the real thing as possible, and that takes a LOT of research, a LOT of time, and a LOT of money to fund such a product.

Things are often not what we think they are, because it's all about perspective and that always changes as we learn more.  Anyway, I hope what I've shared is helpful and that I didn't preach too much in this.

I'm always a flight simmer first, and with that said I offer you all my very best wishes!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Could someone please let me know what is meant with "awful and full of bugs"? I also have this bird and love to fly it from time to time in addition to my PMDG, FSL, Majestic, TFDi and Leonardo liners. What I don´t like is the engine start spool up time which is much to fast. I hope this will be corrected for free. The CRJ is quite demanding since it does not have autothrust and, therefore, approach speed has to be fine tuned by hand. To those who have difficulties (and may attribute these to bugs) I recommend to work through the fantastic guide made by Chuck. This is free for download from his site.

Michael

Edited by michaelth
  • Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I love flying the CRJ and I believe these updates and having the 1000 will be amazing. It's so hard to pick which aircraft to fly anymore because so many of them are simply outstanding.  Along with the Dash8/Q400 by Majestic, the MD80 series by Leonardo, the NGX by PMDG, the FSLab's A320, (not to mention all of the great aircrafts in XP11), this CRJ is one of my favorites. It is so challenging and fun to fly.

Bob

• Upvote 1

I like the CRJ however it is missing some immersion.

The most concerning are the sounds and the VC texture quality/fonts (which are hard to read).

I hope this update will deal with some of these.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Hi

Is HF2 mandatory, as it's just mentioned between brackets Prepare 3D 4.5 (Hotfix2) ? I use 4.5 but I hesitate to update to HF2 as I read a lot of problems in the forums.

Kind Regards

Patrick

25 minutes ago, PatC said:

Hi

Is HF2 mandatory, as it's just mentioned between brackets Prepare 3D 4.5 (Hotfix2) ? I use 4.5 but I hesitate to update to HF2 as I read a lot of problems in the forums.

Kind Regards

Patrick

Yes weird I experience no issues with hf2

Edited by Shomron

Shom

29 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Me either.

55 minutes ago, PatC said:

Is HF2 mandatory, as it's just mentioned between brackets Prepare 3D 4.5 (Hotfix2)?

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to answer support related questions here (it's just company policy that all support related questions be answered in our forum).  But we'd be happy to answer such questions in the Official CRJ Preview Forum.

Best wishes my friends!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Me either.

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to answer support related questions here (it's just company policy that all support related questions be answered in our forum).  But we'd be happy to answer such questions in the Official CRJ Preview Forum.

Best wishes my friends!

I did yesterday but got no answer :)

39 minutes ago, Shomron said:

I read a lot of people getting altitude errors and had to handle vector files differently, that's why I didn't update. If I do so, would you do all compenents or just the client?

Kind Regards

Patrick