Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Aerosoft CRJ-1000 major update announced

On 12/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, JasonPC said:

I still have navigation issues with certain sids that have vectors in them or start with rwy headings. Good luck getting it to intercept the first waypoint. My plane was like a ping pong ball until it started going in a totally incorrect direction.

Update your airac works wonders, the one in the original release has some strange bugs and things in it. Even with the same 19XX is the new downloaded better maybe a also a Navdatapro / Navigraph thing ! I‘m on Navigraph and don’t have that pingpong anymore 

Bruno

Bruno 

Mine is up to date. But I got the dll crash now and can’t even fly the plane any longer so it is uninstalled. And more than likely will remain that way. So burnt on this one, really would like a refund. Ejets at least is flyable and framerate is good.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Hi.  Asked in the Aerosoft forums but no response yet so trying here.

Two questions please.  

-How do you remove/CNCL a hold?  On the legs page I was flying into KASE and a hold is required over DBL VOR.  But how do I remove the hold?

-How do I insert a new waypoint into the legs page.  e.g. if the FLT PLN is SGD, PYE, FOT but want to add ENI between PYE and FOT?

When I tried to do it, the FMS was erasing the entire FLT PLN.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, SAX702 said:

@Dreamflight767,

1. See page 61 of Vol6_FMs.pdf document. 
  2. Does the method in page 54 of the same manual as above work for you?  

Dave

Thanks.  I'll dig a little deeper.

Aaron Ortega

On 12/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, SAX702 said:

@Dreamflight767,

1. See page 61 of Vol6_FMs.pdf document. 
  2. Does the method in page 54 of the same manual as above work for you?  

Dave

Thank you Dave.  I was able to achieve results on page 61 but still can't figure out how to insert a waypoint between two waypoints already on the legs page.

If the flight plan is waypoint AAA direct CCC but want to add BBB between AAA and CCC, not sure how to do that.  So the flight plan would be AAA direct BBB direct CCC.

Happy New Years!

Aaron Ortega

Aaron, no problem.  Using your example, type BBB on the scratch pad, press the line select key (LSK) next to the existing CCC.  This will replace CCC with BBB and create a discontinuity right after BBB.  Remove the discontinuity by pressing the LSK next to CCC, which shows CCC on the scratch pad, and then press the LSK next to the empty space.  

Happy New Year.

Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I kind of have to agree with some earlier posts here regarding the value proposition. With all due respect to the developer(s), it has never really been a high-end add-on. I fly the CRJ for a living, did beta testing for the original release, posted my honest opinion online after it released with bugs that were raised weeks before in beta testing, got an online account banned by an overzealous Aerosoft staff member for that post even 🤣.

I have tried it on and off in the years since release and it has not really improved all that much in regards to accuracy compared to the real plane. It is a decent add-on to fly and have fun with, just not all that realistic with regards to flight behavior and performance. So to ask €75 for it... ouch. Even the upgrade price is a bit... ouch. There is what is in essence a CRJ700 with 550 plastered on the side, there is a slightly stretched CRJ900 with uprated engines and an extra button on the FCP. And curved displays as a selling point? It's a texture on some polygons, not exactly a revolution in modeling or programming.

There are overall better value propositions out there in my opinion, especially when buying without upgrade discount. Still a nice plane, like I said, but full on realism it is not.

• Like 1

Guys,

Let me ask this question - I am after reading most of the thread BTW - is the performance of CRJ Pro same/better/worse than original release?

I am very happy with original one, had little issues with that however I use the following laptop 'ASUS FX503VD-E4082T Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ - 8GB RAM  - GTX1050 3 GB' and with CRJ runs on the edge of the knife 😉 Majestic runs so much better, if that matters.

Side notes:

1. To AS guys on this forum - tell Hans that I love the machine (maybe because I got it when it got mature).

2. I had already a chance to fly 550 IRL and I loved the space and novelty, so I am inclined to buy AS depiction even if you tell me performance is poor 🙂

&

ugcx_banner.png

2 hours ago, sholay said:

2. I had already a chance to fly 550 IRL and I loved the space and novelty, so I am inclined to buy AS depiction even if you tell me performance is poor 🙂

Then the answer is simple.  Get it.  Performance is good.

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I like the update very much, but IMO performance is a bit worse with this version.

Also there are some CTD issues with the charts and also if you load the aircraft directly into the sim.  These can be worked-around, but they are annoying.

-Rich

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

There are some users like myself who have reported a very particular stuttering pattern that exists in spite of high performance hardware and does not change even when reducing sliders / settings significantly. We also all indicated that the old version of the crj was smooth and easy on frames. Hans said he’s looking into it weeks ago but he is unsure still what may be causing it. For me, in spite of loving the aircraft, I’ve parked it because the stutters are too noticeable. I can run PMDG and other demanding scenery without much issue. This specific stuttering pattern shows up specifically with this crj. 

im running i8700k and gtx1070i (my sig specs are outdated)

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

For me performance is the same (pretty good but not as smooth as PMDG as mentioned above).

Just to mention I really like the update with the additional features - new EFB and PBR mostly

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]