Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Aircon disconnect cmd, and Flow Pause request

Hi, Gerald,
Again on the PMDG 737NGX:

1- the command: “mechanic disconnect/stop the air conditioning unit” (and variants) is executed if spoken (by Capt.), but "non-existent" (usual red warning displayed on-screen) if written in a flow. Please correct.

2-On some occasions, when long flows are being executed (e.g. Preflight), the Captain may have to intervene during the flow according to the flow state. A simple Pause command is inadequate, given the variability of these actions.
It would be MOST useful to have an overall Pause/Resume command for the entire flow, like the one for the Checklist readout by the FO.

Thanks a lot,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

2 hours ago, goggi said:

Hi, Gerald,
Again on the PMDG 737NGX:

1- the command: “mechanic disconnect/stop the air conditioning unit” (and variants) is executed if spoken (by Capt.), but "non-existent" (usual red warning displayed on-screen) if written in a flow. Please correct.

2-On some occasions, when long flows are being executed (e.g. Preflight), the Captain may have to intervene during the flow according to the flow state. A simple Pause command is inadequate, given the variability of these actions.
It would be MOST useful to have an overall Pause/Resume command for the entire flow, like the one for the Checklist readout by the FO.

Thanks a lot,
Giorgio

We'll discuss item 2 internally and get back to you within a week.

Do you mean something like "wait until notified to continue with the flow"?

Regarding item 1)

We never really bothered with external aircon unit.

While all PMDG recent aircraft and some others have it  as granted, it's not the case with all 43 fully supported complex aircraft. That would mean going through each and adding it. 

Add to that, none of the recorded mechanic voice packs have that specific request included and it might be tough to bring them all back for extra recording sessions. Therefore we'll just leave things as they are

Hi, Guys,
Just installed 2.8.10. No sign of  any Pause/Resume command (see your reply above).
Did you decide against it, or better wait for it?
Thanks and regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

58 minutes ago, goggi said:

Hi, Guys,
Just installed 2.8.10. No sign of  any Pause/Resume command (see your reply above).
Did you decide against it, or better wait for it?
Thanks and regards,
Giorgio

Sorry about the delay.

Hopefully done the right way and completely tested by the end of next week.

It's just one of those critical moves that could disrupt the entire Voxscript feature and requires more thought before coding.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, goggi said:

Fine, thank you.
Regards, Giorgio

Not released yet, but new feature is already implemented in this package

In the screen where you insert the pause time, there is now a check box with option "Wait until I tell you to continue".

When Fo sees that, he'll keep waiting until you speak any of these commands (just listing a few)

resume flow

resume procedure

carry on with the flow

please resume the flow execution

you may resume the flow

resume the procedure

continue flow execution

Just in case you forget, every minute or so, FO will remind you that the flow is on hold and whether you want him to carry on.

Also, if you change your mind about the flow at any time, you can just say "cancel flow".

Thanks a million!
No time to test it right now, but do I understand correctly that the "Pause" command is inserted - in writing - in a flow?
It would be even more useful if a spoken command could also be used, according to needs! Is this the case, too?
Thanks again,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

44 minutes ago, goggi said:

Thanks a million!
No time to test it right now, but do I understand correctly that the "Pause" command is inserted - in writing - in a flow?
It would be even more useful if a spoken command could also be used, according to needs! Is this the case, too?
Thanks again,
Giorgio

You're welcome.

When you click <Pause> button to insert a pause, you'll have the option to either specify the exact time in seconds (as before), or select the "Wait until I notify to continue" which will insert "Pause=unspecified" (automatically), when selected.

Fine, but please consider inserting a voice command for this flow "suspension".
Most of the times, when it turns out to be desirable it cannot be really foreseen and programmed in the flow. It depends largely on the state of the FO flow AND of the PF actions at the time! (This is what I meant when proposing this addition).
Regards and thanks,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

21 hours ago, goggi said:

Fine, but please consider inserting a voice command for this flow "suspension".
Most of the times, when it turns out to be desirable it cannot be really foreseen and programmed in the flow. It depends largely on the state of the FO flow AND of the PF actions at the time! (This is what I meant when proposing this addition).
Regards and thanks,
Giorgio

Roger, wilco

Will wait until you have a chance to have a go at the latest build to see if other adjustments are necessary

Hi,
Finally, I could test the preliminary package for the Pause Flow mod under several circumstances, also using existing, proven flows. Results:
1- the Verbose mode is ON, though the box  in the flow title page is not checked (probably OK for testing purposes);

2- each command being tested (by Test button) or spoken generates the red warning message “Command doesn’t exists ….” (OK for testing ? strange);

3- Main issue: the small check box for selecting “wait until I ask  to resume” cannot be checked (i.e. it remains blank).

NOTE: An important issue creeping up, as pointed out also by other users: since the last three MCE versions, the Uninstall process hangs for increasingly long times. This happens at the beginning, when “Removing Shortcuts” is shown (as discovered by using the Change command in place of Uninstall). The uninstall process finally completes by itself without intervention, but after long delays. This time, uninstalling 2.8.10 required waiting for more than one hour !
This is now a serious problem.

Regards, Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

1 hour ago, goggi said:

Hi,
Finally, I could test the preliminary package for the Pause Flow mod under several circumstances, also using existing, proven flows. Results:
1- the Verbose mode is ON, though the box  in the flow title page is not checked (probably OK for testing purposes);

2- each command being tested (by Test button) or spoken generates the red warning message “Command doesn’t exists ….” (OK for testing ? strange);

3- Main issue: the small check box for selecting “wait until I ask  to resume” cannot be checked (i.e. it remains blank).

NOTE: An important issue creeping up, as pointed out also by other users: since the last three MCE versions, the Uninstall process hangs for increasingly long times. This happens at the beginning, when “Removing Shortcuts” is shown (as discovered by using the Change command in place of Uninstall). The uninstall process finally completes by itself without intervention, but after long delays. This time, uninstalling 2.8.10 required waiting for more than one hour !

Regards, Giorgio

"command doesn't seem to exist" is typical indication that MCE hasn't identified the aircraft properly. Maybe it thinks it's default unsupported aircraft.

Some speech commands are only enabled for specific aircraft. I mean commands for EFIS buttons for instance would only apply to aircraft that have them, not CS Tristar or CS 727

Is it the new PMDG U variant?

With regards ionstaller/un-installer...

We use "Microsoft Installer" technology, and the process is completely managed by "Windows + Microsoft Installer service".

We only generate a "xPack.msi" which tells the installer where to put files> we don't have any say on the process itself. It's the Installer service that takes care of the entire install/repair/uninstall processes.

2 hours ago, goggi said:

Main issue: the small check box for selecting “wait until I ask  to resume” cannot be checked (i.e. it remains blank).

Did a quick test and can confirm, clicking the tick box itself doesn't change it.

The tick box isn't a real control (just a sprite) and doesn't respond to anything.

It's the defined rectangle for the click that is incorrect.

Click the text itself and you should be able to switch it on/off

Needless to say, will be fixed immediately.

Fine, thanks.
The other two minor issues were due to a bad loading of programs by the System. All OK now.
Aircraft was/is the usual PMDG 737NGX800WL, no ...U variant here.
Will test and report ASAP.

Giorgio Goggi

7 hours ago, goggi said:

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

With regards ionstaller/un-installer...

We use "Microsoft Installer" technology, and the process is completely managed by "Windows + Microsoft Installer service".

We only generate a "xPack.msi" which tells the installer where to put files> we don't have any say on the process itself. It's the Installer service that takes care of the entire install/repair/uninstall processes.

Little off topic,but since it was mentioned. 

This is really getting a little worrying. It is not acceptable to wait one hour or more when trying to update MCE. 

I uninstalled several other apps lately and they all uninstalled within seconds. So this is not a general Windows issue. There must be something wrong with MCE in this regard.