Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Aircon disconnect cmd, and Flow Pause request

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Little off topic,but since it was mentioned. 

This is really getting a little worrying. It is not acceptable to wait one hour or more when trying to update MCE. 

I uninstalled several other apps lately and they all uninstalled within seconds. So this is not a general Windows issue. There must be something wrong with MCE in this regard.

Of course one hour or even 15 minutes is unacceptable.

But never got that and I install MCE every week at least.

Never took more than 3 to 5 minutes to un-install.

May want to clear the temp files as the Microsoft installer generates a lot of those.

Just be aware, Windows 10 has a feature whereby, if you switch to so other task, it may decide to suspend the threads of what now becomes a background task.

Have even see instances where FSX starts loading, switch to something else and come back to FSX a couple of minutes later, only to find the loading slider was at the same level, and resumed when FSX had the focus back.

2 minutes ago, FS++ said:

May want to clear the temp files as the Microsoft installer generates a lot of those.

How to do that exactly?

I will report back when I update MCE next time.

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

How to do that exactly?

I will report back when I update MCE next time.

Go to Windows Explorer (click the yellow folder at the bottom of the screen).

Right-click C drive and select "Properties" in drop-down menu.

In drive "Properties" window, click <Disk Cleanup>

Windows will scan for files, then come up with suggestions on what to clear.

Select "Temporary files....." among others. May also want to clear Windows own upgrade files if you have no intention of selectively remove a specific update and trust the latest (suitable for Home PC).

• Like 1

Hi,
1- Uninstall problem: cleaned up my (only) C disk,  using different apps (Win10 disk cleaner, Ccleaner) and made sure MCE runs as Administrator. No joy: the uninstallation took only (!) 35 minutes (normally variable, as expected). Time ago it was a couple minutes.

2- Pause/Resume flow: thanks for your hint (click text line, for the moment), it works flawlessly.
Please keep in mind that the main purpose and usefulness of a “Pause/Resume flow” command will be as a spoken command (to cope with possible ongoing activities of the Captain) !!

Thanks a lot, Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

Clarification, for item 1: cleared all temp files and simiar junk; also, PC was left idle (but for uninstalling)
G

Giorgio Goggi

On 11/19/2019 at 5:17 PM, goggi said:

2- Pause/Resume flow: thanks for your hint (click text line, for the moment), it works flawlessly.
Please keep in mind that the main purpose and usefulness of a “Pause/Resume flow” command will be as a spoken command (to cope with possible ongoing activities of the Captain) !!

Now implemented in latest release V2.8.1.6

In addition to the pre-scripted delay, you can now pause and resume a flow at discretion. Words in parenthesis are optional

Suspend (the) flow

Supend (the) procedure

suspend (the) task

Carry on with (the) flow

Resume (the) flow

Resume (the) procedure

...many others to list

This feature sounds interesting.

Is it possible to run another flow while one flow is interrupted? Or will the FO still complain not being a robot while waiting to resume an interrupted flow?

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

This feature sounds interesting.

Is it possible to run another flow while one flow is interrupted? Or will the FO still complain not being a robot while waiting to resume an interrupted flow?

Only flows that are allowed through when a flow execution is in progress, are those with a single command in them. Flows that act like aliased commands.

If there is a good case for lifting the current intentional restriction, we'll eventually consider that.

But then, how would you manage two concurrent flows that are both paused. Which one you resume? 😄

Could eventually add an option like "AllowConcurrentFlows=1", but cannot guarantee behavior, because flow execution has state variables that are assumed to be modified by a single background thread. Things like wait for wake up event, and which flow file scripted commands are coming from.

By the way, in new version it's now possible to script flaps settings.. I mean add commands such as "flaps five" or "flaps thirty" to a flow.

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Only flows that are allowed through when a flow execution is in progress, are those with a single command in them. Flows that act like aliased commands.

Good to know, thanks!

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

If there is a good case for lifting the current intentional restriction, we'll eventually consider that.

But then, how would you manage two concurrent flows that are both paused. Which one you resume? 😄

Could eventually add an option like "AllowConcurrentFlows=1", but cannot guarantee behavior, because flow execution has state variables that are assumed to be modified by a single background thread. Things like wait for wake up event, and which flow file scripted commands are coming from.

I don't have a specific use for that in mind (yet), so for now I am fine with how it is.

Excellent ! v. 2.8.16 works perfectly.
Thanks,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi