Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Tennessee Hills - October 19th

The Rolling Hills of Tennessee

Documentation
The flightplan can be found here. Note - the flight plan is in FSX. It may be (unkown) a good idea to run it through LittleNavMap and save as a P3D version for those who need it. No .gfp plan is supplied.

Aircraft
The route is 387nm. Any aircraft capable of about 160+kts cruise will do nicely. This leaves ~30 minutes throughout the flight for the normal "faffing about". There are 3 airstrips that require semi-STOL performance, the shortest runway is 1700 feet on grass, so choose wisely. As always, fly whatever you like.

Scenery
More than normal, you want to augment your default setup to make the trip worthwhile. Of course, you want the payware Orbx Global textures. If you have it, you want Orbx Global Vector to get the rivers and roads mostly right. For mesh you want FreeMeshX or a payware equivalent to enhance the rolling hills of this area. This time, in addition, you will want some airport sceneries .

Required Scenery: The idea for this flight came up because of the recent releases from Ed Wells (falcon409) over at Sim Outhouse. He has done a wonderful job giving life to the area by updating the small airfields in rural Tennessee. ( 1 in North Carolina - our destination) All these airfields were tested in both FSX & P3Dv4 by Ed and other users.

Hassell Field_M29.zip
James Tucker/Perry Co. Airport.zip
Meadowlark Airport.zip
100 Aker Wood Airport.zip & the update - TN41 Enhancements.zip
Sky_Ranch_TN98.zip

Monroe County Airport_KMNV.zip
Martin Campbell Airport_1A3.zip
Jackson County Airport_24A_with_ramp_lights.zip
NOTE - 24A Jackson County is also provided by FTXG Free. You may use either or both (for ease). The elevations are the same. FTXG adds static aircraft & people flow. Believe it or not, it looks very good with both active. 2 automible accidents :) with people discussing insurance carriers, a shed attached to a mobile home - rather factual, dual windsocks & fuel tanks are the only drawbacks.

Flight Plan & Notes: You may get a "folding paper" version of the flight plan from SkyVector.
The following image shows my setup in FSX - FreeMesh On, FTX Global On, Vector On & AEC settings. Your needed setup may vary.

plan%20layered.png?dl=1

Time and Weather
We should fly real weather if possible. Time of departure, simulator time, should be at (?? P3D) 16:00 15:00 local.
(
At 24A, sunset and moonrise occurs at 19:00 local 12OCT19, suggested start at M29 is 16:00 15:00 local - FSX time)

Particulars
Date and time: Ocotber 19, 2019, 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is
here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

night.png?dl=1

• Upvote 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Can't wait..... Michael J

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

For your convenience, Roman's flight plan is available in both P3D *.pln and F1 Garmin *.gfp formats on DropBox here.

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

160 knots+ cruise and 1,700 ft STOL?  Not sure I have that!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

NOTAM - An esteemed colleague (Thanks Mike) has just informed me that Tennessee has 2 time zones and we will cross them.
Using high order calculus, trig and some algebra 😝 the suggested starting sim time has been moved back by 1 hour - 15:00 local

The original post and any docs, if you have not downloaded them yet, reflect the time change.

Another note, it has been known from the beginning that we may not make the full route in the alloted time, no worries. 
If we make it to Campbell (1A3) that would be nice.

I may or may not be able to join you tonight. At the moment, my computer refuses to start....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Was so looking forward to this Tennessee Flight.. All of the Tennesse Hill scenery is in and plane was ready and fueled up to GO!! arg!!.

But can't fly today now as we are heading out in a moment to my daughter's for "Apple Fest" - Fall fair, (In Bowmanville Ontario, Canada) but hope to be there next week barring any family stuff that I am not yet aware and will be bringing the new C421 livery!).

Ron made me a custom livery for one of my fav planes C421 Golden Eagle. Now hopefully a next Saturday fly.. (C-Norm  LINK below if you have the C421 and want to see the custom paint or if you change your name to Norm-then it would be a perfect fit for you too!!!). (and PS: Ron does nice work, thanks again Sir Ronald of Locksley! !!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00vve5y334fm6zf/Alabeo_C421C_Golden_Eagle.C-NORM.zip?dl=0

Have fun in Tennessee today guys.. Looks like a great flight!

Norm

No problem Norm, another regular couldn't make it either. It is what it is. 👍
Film developing finished quickly - you may view the screenshots here.

Ed... If you read this - Thank You for the wonderful scenery! 
I believe I speak for all the participants - Excellent work!     

• Like 2

Very nice flight Roman, thank you. I just flew the remaining two legs! Great  pics - as always!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Off in London, England playing with the grandkids.. back after Nov 5th..

Missing the flights!

Bert