Sign in to follow this  
danielrds

about scenery NYC and LAX

Hello guys!! first, sorry if this topic be recurrent(sorry for my english)

I'm really really interested to buy 2x scenery (for the moment), they're KJFK and maybe KLAX ...(

I know about development by imaginesim for KLAX(but, no new news)....

About KJFK, i'm looking to KJFK by FSDT, but i don't know this airport....fsdt kjfk is outated? it's rude ? ..I should wait for a new scenery(if yes, who's development?)

One more time...sorry for my rusty and basic english..

thanks!!!

Imaginesim KLAX seems quite a long way away considering there have not yet been previews relased.

FSDT KLAX is starting to become outdated but it's currently the best KLAX scenery on the market.

For KJFK, I own FSDT's version and I am very happy with it. It has a few flaws and is slightly outdated but it's a good scenery. Drzewiecki Design also has a version that is newer, but it's a "lite" version of the scenery and from what I have read FSDT's version of the airport is better...

1 hour ago, DChockey08 said:

Imaginesim KLAX seems quite a long way away considering there have not yet been previews relased.

FSDT KLAX is starting to become outdated but it's currently the best KLAX scenery on the market.

For KJFK, I own FSDT's version and I am very happy with it. It has a few flaws and is slightly outdated but it's a good scenery. Drzewiecki Design also has a version that is newer, but it's a "lite" version of the scenery and from what I have read FSDT's version of the airport is better...

I would go for DD NY airports  with NY City but FSDT KJFK IS nicer.

I just love the work and FPS friendly version that make me land there in a PMDG747 .

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Personally I ditched FSDT's KJFK owing to it being quite outdated. The old PanAm T3 is still there and its lacking the extensions to T4. DD's version definitely is 'lite', but that also means better FPS. Combined with their NYC City addon and the secondary NCY airports pack that contains KEWR, I do really like the overall package. Overall good value.

Just to add: I believe FSDT will be releasing a new version of KJFK now that they finished their KORD. Not sure what the ETA is on that, though.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

although just today they announced they are working on the daxing airport in china.  So maybe JFK will fall back in the list.  Maybe not.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

although just today they announced they are working on the daxing airport in china.  So maybe JFK will fall back in the list.  Maybe not.  

True, though it appears they mean for it to be a fairly 'lite' scenery, and these days I think FSDT is a pretty large development team juggling multiple projects at the same time. The team that work on Daxing may not be the ones working of JFK (here's hoping!).

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

17 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

True, though it appears they mean for it to be a fairly 'lite' scenery, and these days I think FSDT is a pretty large development team juggling multiple projects at the same time. The team that work on Daxing may not be the ones working of JFK (here's hoping!).

They intend two versions a lite faster release version and a full fat KORD type later from my reading of Beijing ZBAD. 

The ref to MSFS is possible code for they have been contacted by MS as a third party dev, and I have seen other airport dev`s ref the MSFS and future products interesting airports may not be as detailed as some think.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg