Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

wrong forum but this is amazing and works try it :-)

Guest Peter Sidoli

I have just tried this sent to me by a pilot friend and it works.wrong forum but for a light hearted divergence ;-)and I thought it was a jokeSubject: Unlock your car!If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone on your (or someone else's) cell phone.Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button of your key fob (clicker), holding it near the phone on their end. Your car doors will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.Distance is no object you could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (orthe trunk)!.Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out, and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!)Friends Note * I locked the car had my youngestdaughter call me while I was far away from the car. I clicked open into the phone and I could hear the car doors unlock through her cell phone. My daughterconfirmed that sure enough the doors opened.Pass this on to friends and family Peter

Guest Peter Sidoli

I thought this was a hoax but it is not. I went out of range of my car gave the keys to my son, stood by my car, got him to ring and open the car with the key button and hey presto the door opened and the lights flashed 200 yds apart.We even tried without the phone to check the car was out of rangeSerious Try ItPeter

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!This kinda reminds me of a letter to the editor of Popular Science, asking about a water injection system for cars that could increase economy 15%. The editor categorically called it bullox, that the temperatures in a car engine are not sufficient to split the hydrogen and oxygen so water injection could only decrease performance/economy.Of course, water injection has been used since WWII to increase power in piston and jet aircraft. The benefit comes when the water turns to steam, increasing manifold pressure or torque. Too much water isn't good, but there is a point of max benefit. It is a basic law that anything that can get more power for the same fuel burn can achieve an increase in economy.As Collin Powell says, dont trust the "Experts" TOO much, their judgement is often clouded by their ego.Mark Twain said, "The man who has had the bull by the horns tends to know things the man who doesn't won't." I will definitely give this a fair test.Cell phones send and recieve radio signals, and the signal from the remote just might be "interferring" in a symbiotic way...But it might not work with all phones, networks or remotes.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Peter Sidoli

DonnyIt sure worked with my test and no trickery :-)would be interested in your results or anyone elsePeter

>I thought this was a hoax but it is not. I went out of range>of my car gave the keys to my son, stood by my car, got him to>ring and open the car with the key button and hey presto the>door opened and the lights flashed 200 yds apart.>>We even tried without the phone to check the car was out of>range>>Serious Try It>>PeterActualy this makes sense, , the signal is an RF radio signal, so it's reasonable that a cell phone antenna (Which also is a radio) or even a land base phone can pick it up as a carrier wave to the current phone call and transmit it to the remote cell phone. Be careful though, some phones (especially business phones, may have RF signal blockers installed to eliminate or minimize RF signal interference. In those cases it may not work. Also there is no gaurantee every manufactuer uses the same design, so some may not work. So I would try this first, with the keys out of the car.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest allcott

Utterly ridiculous advice. Didn't work for me and I tried it on three different mobile phones. Couldn't get the aerial in the door lock with any of them.:)Did I mention my car doesn't have a foolish fob-operated radio locking device? It uses a good, old fashioned key.Allcott

Guest bobsk8

Another urban legend. The Key fob on modern cars is an RF signal and cellphones transmit audio signals using RF. Two different animals....... If you had an audio signal from your car remote like the TV remotes of 30+ years ago, it would work.

Guest wildfire563

Well, here's one for you. I could swear... but how do you really test it, I used to hold my key fob underneath the back of my jaw, and it would increase the range of my key fob to unlock my '92 Dodge Stealth with an aftermarket alarm system. I was told to do this by the guy who installed it. I swear it worked. And I only have two fillings, one on each side of my mouth, each the size of a pinhead that I got when I was very young.Thomas

Guest Kilstorm McBride

That does work (the under your jaw thing) and I waas told it was because of our body (not fillings) that acts as an antenna. It was told to me that our body has a natural elecrtical charge about it and it somehow helps in making a big antenna.I say it does work because I used that before only to make sure I locked the car as I was walking away. Saves you from back tracking that much more.Kilstorm

My car has non-remote central locking (i.e. put the keys into the car to lock/unlock), and so I can't test it :-lol