Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

wrong forum but this is amazing and works try it :-)

I won't get into a prolonged discussion about the physics of RF mixing and heterodyning, but it is, in theory, possible for an RF remote in very close proximity to a cell phone to mix its output signal into a cell phone's intermediate RF stages (and hence its output), and that signal might indeed be present and possibly re-transmitted (very weakly) as part of the downconversion process in the receiving phone.It's not likely...but the right combination of remote control frequencies, modulation techniques and cell phone IF passbands could produce the stated effect.I'd have to see this one myself to believe it...but it's not completely implausible.RegardsBob Scott, W6KDSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I seriously doubt such a distortion would get retransmitted by the cellphone towers, let alone if the signal passes through a landline at some stage (as they almost always will).It could conceivably work if the remote works on ultrasound, but then you're limited by the frequency range the phone can pick up and emit.Infrared remotes are of course completely impossible to use this system.

>I seriously doubt such a distortion would get retransmitted>by the cellphone towers, let alone if the signal passes>through a landline at some stage (as they almost always>will).>>It could conceivably work if the remote works on ultrasound,>but then you're limited by the frequency range the phone can>pick up and emit.>>Infrared remotes are of course completely impossible to use>this system.Why is this concept hard to grasp? Back when phone conversations were analog, didn't you ever pick up radio interference? I used to pick up TV, Radio, and sometimes (Although rare) Shortwave radio traffic). Now with the new digital equipment, they are no longer audible, but that doesn't mean there not still there. Peter is a respected member of this community. I have a hard time believing he would make this up. (He did say he tried it himself) As for IR remotes, you are correct, as you need to be in visable range and view of the object, however most car remotes are not IR due to there limited range.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I didn't say it's impossible, just highly implausible.Interference isn't normally magnified or retransmitted through repeater stations, let alone through landlines.There are supposed to be filters in place to prevent that...

How can you lock the key in your car, if you have one of these "RC" keys (I do not know the correct english word for these kind of keys).I think one of the major advantages of these of keys is, that you cannot lock the key in the car. At least with my car I have to press the knob on the key to lock the car, which means, I have to have the key in my hand (an not have fogotten it in the car). This was the same with my previous cars.Wolfgang

>How can you lock the key in your car, if you have one of>these "RC" keys (I do not know the correct english word for>these kind of keys).>>I think one of the major advantages of these of keys is, that>you cannot lock the key in the car. At least with my car I>have to press the knob on the key to lock the car, which>means, I have to have the key in my hand (an not have fogotten>it in the car). This was the same with my previous cars.>>WolfgangAs a security feature, a lot of cars with alarms, have automatic locking mechanisms. The car will lock itself up with in 30 seconds of closing the door. I had this feature on of my cars and had it disabled. I always want to control the locks myself, for the very reason, of being afraid of locking the keys in the car. On newer cars today, there is a sensor, which will make it impossible to use the electric locking system if the keys are in the ignition. However that doesn't prevent the doors from locking, if set the lock before exiting, and some how drop the keys on the car seat or floor and close the door.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest Peter Sidoli

>Peter is a respected member of this community. I have a hard time believing he would make this up. (He did say he tried it himself) As for IR remotes, you are correct, as you need to be in visable range and view of the object, however most car remotes are not IR due to there limited range.

Not in Europe. I'm not even sure it's legal to drive with your doors locked (though I do it sometimes if I don't feel secure driving through some parts of Amsterdam for example, carjackings do happen).Of course many cars with electronic locks will also work with real keys, allowing you to lock the keys inside the car by just prelocking the door before you exit (which is now impossible on the driver side because of that with most cars).

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!None of the cars around are apropriate for the test where I am. When I get back up to Walnutport PA for a family gettogether I will do tests with an Eagle Talon, two 300 M's a Toyot Camry and a Lumina using various phones on different networks. Should be an interesting twist to a "last Hurrah" barbecue. I'll take my neices for ice cream at a place nine miles away, that good enough? And if any success I'll see if I can take the combination that works back to Philly for a few days.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

>Tom>>I cannot say that my test was foolproof. We didnt try the>experiment from miles away only a point out of range where you>could press the key and nothing happened.>>In the same position using the mobile phones the car opened>and the car lights flashed.>>Maybe the signal was better when we used the mobiles rather>than the mobile phones causing it giving the impression that>it was the phones making the difference when this could have>been a coincidence.>>I need to run the test again maybe further away.>>>Peter>Peter, Did you do this test with 2 Cell Phones, or a land line and a cell phone? I tried with a land line and a cell, and couldn't get it to work, but I can see how it may be possible with 2 cells. I don't have 2 cells to test though, and as I stated, just because it worked on your car, doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

This myth is confirmed. It works, amazingly enough. I tried it last night, my friend used his Sprint Motorola, and called my Cingular LG. The car was his 2005 Chevy Impala. First we set a distance and tried several times without the phones just to make sure we were well out of range of the remote, then he called me and said, "Are you ready?" I said, "yeah" and the test proceeded. As he started pushing his "unlock" button I pointed my antenna at the door standing right next to the car, nothing happened, so I then tilted my phone and waved it around and nothing happened, right when I was about to say "Hey it's not working, I gave it one more try and put the phone with the speaker part facing the car, and sure enough the doors unlocked. Awesome! It works.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD