Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

CH yoke button 2

Hi Folks.

I am still finding myself being confused by the actions of LINDA, FSUIPC and FSX. I thought I had it sussed with regard to assigning buttons to switches in my CH yoke and the Duke B60 piston V2. That is until I tried to use the Shifted functions. It may well be that my level of understanding of the relationships between all three programmes is insufficient at present but here is what I am pulling my hair out with...

1) I have deleted all FSX controls and have no buttons and switches assigned in FSUIPC.

2) I have been able to assign the HEADING BUG DEC:0 and HEADING BUG INC:0 to buttons 3 and 4 in the yoke (left/right toggle) LINDA button numbers. Unshifted mode

3) I have been able to assign the Trim ELEVATOR down and Trim ELEVATOR up to buttons 11 and 12 in the yoke (up/down toggle) LINDA button numbers. Unshifted mode

4) I now wish to assign button 2 in the yoke to the SHIFT CYCLE mode in LINDA...

However, when I press the yoke button the parking brake in the Duke activates and I get the red sign in FSX (lower left in screen). I used to have this button activate the parking brake but now have the brake mapped to a keypress in FSUIPC and it works. I have no idea why the number two button is still activating the brake as I have unmapped it in FSUIPC and deleted it from the FSX Controls. I really would like to have the number two button activate the SHIFT CYCLE mode in LINDA as I want to assign other functions to the yoke toggles. Namely, the VOR1 OBI inc/dec and the KOHLSMAN inc/dec in SHIFT1 and the VOR2 OBI inc/dec in shift 2.

Can anyone point me to a reason why the parking brake is still being activated by button 2 when I have unmapped it in FSUIPC and deleted the yoke assignment in FSX controls? There are no Button assignments in the FSUIPC.ini file in the Modules folder. There must be another location holding the original mapping of the brake to button 2 but I have no idea where or why. I have been trying to figure this out for a few days now. I am using Windows 10 and FSX and the aircraft is the RealAir B60 DUKE piston V2. The Duke is showing in the SYNC to SIM window in LINDA.

The strange thing is that in the default aircraft the number two button does not activate the parking brake. It only happens in the Duke.

Another strange thing is that LINDA does not start with FSX-SE. I have the appropriate box ticked in LINDA so it should start as it does in FSX but I have no idea as to why it will not start with FSX-SE.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Best Regards...Ken.

Hello again Folks.

I now have LINDA starting with FSX-SE. Not sure what I have actually done but I noticed that there were differences between the FSX and FSX-SE files in both modules folder. I copied and pasted from FSX to FSX-SE and LINDA now starts in steam edition.

However, I am still left with the fact that the Parking Brake comes on with a button two press. I have checked several times and there is no obvious mapping for it in FSUIPC version 4.974. I am using LINDA 30.12c.

I am in need of some inspiration with this button 2 thing. I am stumped and have run out of ideas. Oh, and LINDA is not recognising my yoke buttons at all. I do have the Duke selected in the sync to sim window and it is showing as enabled and has all the buttons etc but they are not being recognised. I must have fouled up somewhere with all of my efforts at 'fixing' things over the past few nights.

Can anyone help? This is in FSX-SE. My FSX boxed edition LINDA recognises the yoke buttons. Oh boy, I'm really confused regarding this!!

Regards...Ken.

Okay, I found a line in the Duke Turbine and the Piston v2 Linda.cfg file that referenced the Parking Brake. After backing up the file I deleted the line and the brake no longer activates on button 2. I'm learning slowly but it's very confusing. Perhaps just a few senior moments on my part.

Regards...Ken.

Hi Folks.

Can anyone explain why I have to reload the AXIS settings and button settings in FSUIPC 4.974? I have to do this each time I try and set up my CH yoke in LINDA. I am really getting quite confused by it all . I am trying to get the latest version of LINDA 3.0.12 to recognise the basic setup for the FSX default aircraft as per all of the manuals and other online instructions I have read. I am finding it heavy going as LINDA and FSUIPC seem to not like what I am doing.

Regards...Ken

Okay, I have just about had it with this. LINDA is constantly doing strange things. It stops working altogether and I have no option but to delete the folders and files and then re-install. However, this time it only shows FSX Default aircraft when previously it found the other aircraft in my Aircraft folder. I also still have to reload the Buttons and Switches in FSUIPC after each new button assignment in LINDA. I have not progressed past setting up the default aircraft never mind attempting to make a module for the Duke. Can anyone help at all?

Hi Folks.

It turns out that having to reload FSUIPC after making a change in LINDA is quite normal as the FSUIPC.ini file needs to be updated. That makes sense now that I have had it explained in the FSUIPC forum. I still have no aircraft in LINDA apart from the FSX Default and I am unsure why. I now have the default C172 the way I want it to be with my CH yoke and the shift functions and am wanting to move on to the Duke but it is not in eirther of the Aircraft folders. In fact there are no other aircraft apart from FSX default. Can anyone help please?

Regards...Ken.

Sorry for not responding earlier. Please let me read your novel above and I will get back to you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Andrew.

I am in the same boat as yourself regarding my time frame. My wife and I took some time out for shopping in Livingston and general R&R. I have now progressed quite a bit with LINDA and my FSX actions. I am really quite pleased with my progress, so at the moment there is no real need to get back to me on this. I still have to reload FSUIPC at every start of FSX, both buttons and axes. I'm not sure why but there must be a reason for it. It's not a problem as such, just a slight inconvenience. I am now at the point of taking snippets of code and adding them to a user file for my Duke v2.

I am thinking about a button box and switches to give me more scope in LINDA. I am now enjoying this having figured out my earlier mishaps.

Warm regards...Ken.

p.s. with regard to the windshield switch in my other post, I'm working on it now that I have sussed the tracer and the LUA code. I'll post back later with any result. So again, no need to take up your time with it at present. Cheers.