Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

More news from Novawing (ATC, AI...)

5 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

But what happens if the real aircraft is lined up just in front of you to land when you've been given in-game clearance to land on the same runway? There are numerous other scenarios where you could potentially be sharing the same bit of airspace with "real" aircraft.

As discussed in the Real AI with ATC thread, create a conditional exclusion bubble where AI aircraft interfering with your approach or departure are removed.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

As discussed in the Real AI with ATC thread, create a conditional exclusion bubble where AI aircraft interfering with your approach or departure are removed.

I like the idea in general, but I think it would be complicated on the ground. You'd constantly see aircraft disappear and reappear.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

14 hours ago, Coneman said:

We have world-wide AI shipping now, thanks to Henrik Nielsen. It's fabulous. Also if you are using an AI traffic addon or your own compiled stuff, you are seeing "live" traffic, since they are using real-world flightplans. But if MS is including this massive amount of work with the sim, more power to them. But I hope it's not going to be priced sky high ('scuse the pun).

I didn't know about this boat traffic.  Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, threegreen said:

I like the idea in general, but I think it would be complicated on the ground. You'd constantly see aircraft disappear and reappear.

Not necessarily, MS could build an AI engine which takes control of the live AI model from say 200 feet. Disregard the transponder position reports and let the AI engine deal with touchdown, roll-out, taxi to a gate.

For departing traffic, it's a little more complicated.
MS could use API gate data to see that an aircraft has pushed back from a stand. Matching the 'canned' AI aeroplane's taxi to the active runway and appearing when the transponder is turned on will require guesswork.
Don't know how to reconcile that one.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

They'd more or less have to disregard the transponder data close to the ground, as at my local airport Flightradar24 often reports aircraft going in all sorts of strange directions when they should be on final. This mostly occurs with FlyBe aircraft.

Ian Box

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Not necessarily, MS could build an AI engine which takes control of the live AI model from say 200 feet. Disregard the transponder position reports and let the AI engine deal with touchdown, roll-out, taxi to a gate.

MS could use API gate data to see that an aircraft has pushed back from a stand. Matching the 'canned' AI aeroplane's taxi to the active runway and appearing when the transponder is turned on will require guesswork.

I guess they could just extract departure and destination and route if possible and make AI handle it all from the ground up. Of course there would be variations compared to the live traffic buuut i think this could be a way of solving the issue with bad reception or trasponders off once planes are on the ground. In offline mode things will be randomized instead. Just like default AI traffic in FSX did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

18 minutes ago, france89 said:

I guess they could just extract departure and destination and route if possible and make AI handle it all from the ground up. Of course there would be variations compared to the live traffic buuut i think this could be a way of solving the issue with bad reception or trasponders off once planes are on the ground. In offline mode things will be randomized instead. Just like default AI traffic in FSX did.

I totally agree with this one. IMO this is the most feasible solution for it. We’re gonna have almost live traffic, and at the same time there is no need for us to squeeze ourselves in for landings and takeoffs.

Flight routes and even delayed flights can easily be extracted from data available online. I don’t really care if a flight is not exactly where it’s supposed to be. I rather have skies full of aircrafts and an acceptable ATc

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, F737NG said:

There's an awful lot of "could" and supposition going on here plus they'd potentially have to do this continuously for every airport and small airfield in the world. If this was internal feature of the sim, it would put a huge additional load on the system.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

29 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

There's an awful lot of "could" and supposition going on here plus they'd potentially have to do this continuously for every airport and small airfield in the world. If this was internal feature of the sim, it would put a huge additional load on the system.

Well of course there's supposition. I'm not on the development team, so I don't know what is heading our way.

From what I've seen from developers who have created live AI from real world data sources, we're not that far away from creating something very realistic. This is from very small developers at that, and without the resources of MS.

P3D, FSX, and FS9 before them all managed to run AI for every airport within a certain radius of the user aircraft to prevent overloading. Why would it have to be any different for MSFS?

18 minutes ago, F737NG said:

P3D, FSX, and FS9 before them all managed to run AI for every airport within a certain radius of the user aircraft to prevent overloading. Why would it have to be any different for MSFS?

Perhaps because if you're using a live air traffic feed around busy airports, that would include everything waiting in holding patterns as well as the landing and departing aircraft - all close to the airport. That could be a serious amount of traffic before you even started with whatever the sim generates (which would probably be the only traffic you're truly likely interact with).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

20 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Perhaps because if you're using a live air traffic feed around busy airports, that would include everything waiting in holding patterns as well as the landing and departing aircraft - all close to the airport. That could be a serious amount of traffic before you even started with whatever the sim generates (which would probably be the only traffic you're truly likely interact with).

It's called a slider. Move it to generate different percentages of surrounding traffic.
If you want to run your PC into the ground, choose 100%. If you want 'none of that nonsense' and a flawlessly operating sim, choose 0%.

Most people will choose somewhere between those values.

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

It's called a slider. Move it to generate different percentages of surrounding traffic.
If you want to run your PC into the ground, choose 100%. If you want 'none of that nonsense' and a flawlessly operating sim, choose 0%.

Most people will choose somewhere between those values.

How didn't we think about a slider for real live traffic (at least not me)? This is brilliant 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, F737NG said:

Whilst that may well work for AI generated within the game, it's difficult to see how you could selectively delete live traffic other than by imposing a distance limit on it. However, for the example I gave earlier of aircraft in a hold or the landing/departure patterns, because they're all in a small area how would you get rid of just some of them?

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Whilst that may well work for AI generated within the game, it's difficult to see how you could selectively delete live traffic other than by imposing a distance limit on it. However, for the example I gave earlier of aircraft in a hold or the landing/departure patterns, because they're all in a small area how would you get rid of just some of them?

How about randomly assign each data source (AI aeroplane) a number between 1 and 100 using a simple number generator? The sim reads all of the real world position data and the random number generated. Therefore, the sim only displays the percentage of traffic that the user chooses.

Therefore, no matter where you are, no matter what time of day it is and no matter how big the traffic 'bubble' is, you can control how much appears. I feel that adding an extra number shouldn't be that hard to code in.

I've given my ideas on this - all of which should be technically possible. I'm done with this thread.

Edited by F737NG