Jump to content

Noooch

More news from Novawing (ATC, AI...)

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Yeah, but I don't want them interacting with me

But what happens if the real aircraft is lined up just in front of you to land when you've been given in-game clearance to land on the same runway? There are numerous other scenarios where you could potentially be sharing the same bit of airspace with "real" aircraft.


 i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

But what happens if the real aircraft is lined up just in front of you to land when you've been given in-game clearance to land on the same runway? There are numerous other scenarios where you could potentially be sharing the same bit of airspace with "real" aircraft.

As discussed in the Real AI with ATC thread, create a conditional exclusion bubble where AI aircraft interfering with your approach or departure are removed.
 


Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F737NG said:

As discussed in the Real AI with ATC thread, create a conditional exclusion bubble where AI aircraft interfering with your approach or departure are removed.

I like the idea in general, but I think it would be complicated on the ground. You'd constantly see aircraft disappear and reappear.


Niklas Graefe
Prepar3Dv4.5 | ASUS Maximus XI Code Z390 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 MSI Lightning Z | Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Samsung 43'' 4K curved TV | Agronn 737 Captain's Yoke | FSC 737 Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Coneman said:

We have world-wide AI shipping now, thanks to Henrik Nielsen. It's fabulous. Also if you are using an AI traffic addon or your own compiled stuff, you are seeing "live" traffic, since they are using real-world flightplans. But if MS is including this massive amount of work with the sim, more power to them. But I hope it's not going to be priced sky high ('scuse the pun).

I didn't know about this boat traffic.  Thanks for posting!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, threegreen said:

I like the idea in general, but I think it would be complicated on the ground. You'd constantly see aircraft disappear and reappear.

Not necessarily, MS could build an AI engine which takes control of the live AI model from say 200 feet. Disregard the transponder position reports and let the AI engine deal with touchdown, roll-out, taxi to a gate.

For departing traffic, it's a little more complicated.
MS could use API gate data to see that an aircraft has pushed back from a stand. Matching the 'canned' AI aeroplane's taxi to the active runway and appearing when the transponder is turned on will require guesswork.
Don't know how to reconcile that one.
 

  • Like 1

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'd more or less have to disregard the transponder data close to the ground, as at my local airport Flightradar24 often reports aircraft going in all sorts of strange directions when they should be on final. This mostly occurs with FlyBe aircraft.


Ian Box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Not necessarily, MS could build an AI engine which takes control of the live AI model from say 200 feet. Disregard the transponder position reports and let the AI engine deal with touchdown, roll-out, taxi to a gate.

For departing traffic, it's a little more complicated.
MS could use API gate data to see that an aircraft has pushed back from a stand. Matching the 'canned' AI aeroplane's taxi to the active runway and appearing when the transponder is turned on will require guesswork.
Don't know how to reconcile that one.
 

 

I guess they could just extract departure and destination and route if possible and make AI handle it all from the ground up. Of course there would be variations compared to the live traffic buuut i think this could be a way of solving the issue with bad reception or trasponders off once planes are on the ground. In offline mode things will be randomized instead. Just like default AI traffic in FSX did.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, france89 said:

 

I guess they could just extract departure and destination and route if possible and make AI handle it all from the ground up. Of course there would be variations compared to the live traffic buuut i think this could be a way of solving the issue with bad reception or trasponders off once planes are on the ground. In offline mode things will be randomized instead. Just like default AI traffic in FSX did.

I totally agree with this one. IMO this is the most feasible solution for it. We’re gonna have almost live traffic, and at the same time there is no need for us to squeeze ourselves in for landings and takeoffs.

Flight routes and even delayed flights can easily be extracted from data available online. I don’t really care if a flight is not exactly where it’s supposed to be. I rather have skies full of aircrafts and an acceptable ATc

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, F737NG said:

Not necessarily, MS could build an AI engine which takes control of the live AI model from say 200 feet. Disregard the transponder position reports and let the AI engine deal with touchdown, roll-out, taxi to a gate.

For departing traffic, it's a little more complicated.
MS could use API gate data to see that an aircraft has pushed back from a stand. Matching the 'canned' AI aeroplane's taxi to the active runway and appearing when the transponder is turned on will require guesswork.
Don't know how to reconcile that one.
 

There's an awful lot of "could" and supposition going on here plus they'd potentially have to do this continuously for every airport and small airfield in the world. If this was internal feature of the sim, it would put a huge additional load on the system.

Edited by vortex681

 i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

There's an awful lot of "could" and supposition going on here plus they'd potentially have to do this continuously for every airport and small airfield in the world. If this was internal feature of the sim, it would put a huge additional load on the system.


Well of course there's supposition. I'm not on the development team, so I don't know what is heading our way.

From what I've seen from developers who have created live AI from real world data sources, we're not that far away from creating something very realistic. This is from very small developers at that, and without the resources of MS.

P3D, FSX, and FS9 before them all managed to run AI for every airport within a certain radius of the user aircraft to prevent overloading. Why would it have to be any different for MSFS?


Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, F737NG said:

P3D, FSX, and FS9 before them all managed to run AI for every airport within a certain radius of the user aircraft to prevent overloading. Why would it have to be any different for MSFS?

Perhaps because if you're using a live air traffic feed around busy airports, that would include everything waiting in holding patterns as well as the landing and departing aircraft - all close to the airport. That could be a serious amount of traffic before you even started with whatever the sim generates (which would probably be the only traffic you're truly likely interact with).


 i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Perhaps because if you're using a live air traffic feed around busy airports, that would include everything waiting in holding patterns as well as the landing and departing aircraft - all close to the airport. That could be a serious amount of traffic before you even started with whatever the sim generates (which would probably be the only traffic you're truly likely interact with).

It's called a slider. Move it to generate different percentages of surrounding traffic.
If you want to run your PC into the ground, choose 100%. If you want 'none of that nonsense' and a flawlessly operating sim, choose 0%.

Most people will choose somewhere between those values.


Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO) / Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 / ASUS GTX 1070 O8G / 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz / triple monitor

WIN 10 Pro + P3Dv4 + PTA + EnvTex + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + ASP4 + Rex SF 3D + ChasePlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F737NG said:

It's called a slider. Move it to generate different percentages of surrounding traffic.
If you want to run your PC into the ground, choose 100%. If you want 'none of that nonsense' and a flawlessly operating sim, choose 0%.

Most people will choose somewhere between those values.

How didn't we think about a slider for real live traffic (at least not me)? This is brilliant 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, F737NG said:

It's called a slider. Move it to generate different percentages of surrounding traffic.

Whilst that may well work for AI generated within the game, it's difficult to see how you could selectively delete live traffic other than by imposing a distance limit on it. However, for the example I gave earlier of aircraft in a hold or the landing/departure patterns, because they're all in a small area how would you get rid of just some of them?


 i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...