Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Will ORBX and Aero Sors play nicely together?

Hello Fellow simmers, I need a little guidance please.

The main runways at KPDK in my p3dv4.5 HF2  display  the old rwy designation of 20 L/R. The runways have long ago been renumbered to 21L/R.

I would like to update my P3Dv4.5 HF2 as painlessly as possible.😉

I frequently fly the Fi Mustang, Phenom 300 or the FA50Ex with a Navigraph  expansion pack and Subscription ( currently airac  cycle 1911) . I ALSO have the  ORBX Libraries/Vectors/Base pack,Open LC NA and open LC Europe installed .

Question: If I install the Aero.Sors World Navaid package and the ILS/Rwy regional updates to fix my KPDK rwy problem, will I be facing any issues with ORBX installed product ? airport elevation correction?

Any words of wisdom on FSaerodata vs Aero Sors( Other than the obvious, one is free and the other is a paid subscription)

All guidance, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Hari

There will be no issues. Aero Sors updates default waypoints, ILS and magvar table, but it wont change runway designations.

Thank you Evros,

Any thoughts on Updating the Rwy Heading?

best

hari

19 minutes ago, Hari said:

Thank you Evros,

best

hari

Aero sors has a quick and dirty program for changing airport BGLs. Can't remember the name but it's on his website.  I've used it to do just what you're asking. 

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Fserodata and AeroSors will correct those issues but will cause elevation problems at airports with "ambiguous" icao codes such as glacier park international (KGPI/KFCA) by turbulent/orbx.

I could never get KGPI working with FSAeroData - I gave up fixing it.  

We need developers to sit together and come to a common ground on ensuring compatibility.  It is getting tiring, and I only used FSAerodata for Vertx DA62 (I dunno what is going on with it on the update side of things).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Changed or ambiguous ICAO-codes may be a problem, but there are some more things to have in mind:

Herve Sors update does replace/update the stock scenery files.

Scenery with higher priority, ORBX Vector, Addon-airports, etc. will overwrite these files and you have outdated navdata again.

Using FSAerodata does update these airports as well, as it is at the top layer of the scenery library. (NOT SO WITH HF2!!!)

In HF2 the handling of airport definitions and especially elevation handling changed completely and will cause issues with FSAerodata + addon-aiports (also ORBX Vector) - see this thread for more info (P3D4.5 Hotfix2 scenery problem).

If you want to use AeroSors + ORBX + Addon-airports + FSAerodata it is best to stay with 4.5 HF1 at the moment. This is what used for some time and it worked absolutely fine.

Marc Weber

5 hours ago, Hari said:

Now if I look more closely at the aero sors website 

ILS/Rwy regional updates will correct ILSs, airport names, runway identifiers, markers and all embedded NDBs in other regions than Europe. On airports with a precision approach, lightings and PAPIs are also corrected as well as COM frequencies on most airports. An automatic installer is provided. Note that each region can be installed separately; a worldwide update is also available (except for Europe that is already covered by the World Navaids package). See the included readme.txt files for more details and the coverage map. Note that installer will backup original files that can be restored at any time.

From that, it looks like it also updates identifiers. Whether it updates visual identification of runway remains unknown to me as I only use addon airports and these are not updated by those tools. Neither have I ever had any elevation issues caused by Navaids update.

Twenty6, SoJurned, Skywolf, Mischung, Evros

Thank you ALL. For the thoughtful words of Advice.

best regards

hari

• Upvote 1