Sign in to follow this  
swk1959

VATSIM

The new vatsim for me has been a huge failure, I fly both x-plane and p3d, support is non existent and overall it is just a huge failure, the potential is there but they seem to have really dropped the ball, I know they are volunteer's but it came with so much hype, and frankly just doesn't work well.

So what is the point of this thread? You don't even describe what those "huge failures" are. There are better ways to do it if you are just looking to vent your frustrations.

• Upvote 3

I haven’t tried today. Yes yesterday had big sever issues. But assuming that is resolved or gets resolved I think it’s great.

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, swk1959 said:

The new vatsim for me has been a huge failure, I fly both x-plane and p3d, support is non existent and overall it is just a huge failure, the potential is there but they seem to have really dropped the ball, I know they are volunteer's but it came with so much hype, and frankly just doesn't work well.

Yes, I'm interested too.  What is the reason it is, or what is making it such a "failure" in your opinion?

Their forum has been very responsive with support queries.

If you feel your SLA targets haven’t been met perhaps take it up with your vatsim account manager, you might be able to get a partial refund /s 🙂

Edited by NZ255

5 hours ago, swk1959 said:

I couldn't disagree more, especially about support being non-existence!  In point of fact, there were several updates throughout the day on the 13th and 14th; each update was a direct result of PROMPT SUPPORT!  Heck, I think vPilot was updated 3x on the 14th.  Yeah, that sure is a 'lack of support.'  

Since you took the time to 'blast' these volunteers for their lack of support, how about you take the time to enumerate why it doesn't work well?  I've flown 4 flights on the new network and love it; they not only updated the codec but we now have a proper simulation of radio communications.  It took two flights to get accustomed to the new format, but after that it was smooth sailing...WELL DONE, VATSIM!  

• Upvote 1

Matt King

As others have said -- where exactly have you been looking for support and failing to find it?

We have a forum section on the main VATSIM.net forum site which we are monitoring and responding to on a constant basis, we keep an eye on the VATSIM Facebook groups, I keep an eye here and over the last 36 hours every time there's been a problem I think Mark or Gary has got it back up and running within a matter of minutes, with the exception of a short outage that happened in the early hours of this morning UK time.

Happy to look for feedback anywhere else you think I should be, of course, and as others have said -- if you can elaborate on your problems I will be only too happy to help out and/or feed it back to the team!

Simon - with AFV team hat on 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, swk1959 said:

The team at vatsim have said FOR MONTHS that for the first week of realease there might be some issues. 

Cut them some slack.  There's going to be teething problems while it's rolled out.  They couldn't of been any clearer with the info about this. 

We've waited nearly 20 years for an update of this magnitude.  Give them a chance for God's sake

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

I just get astonished by posts like this.

First VATSIM is a service that you can use for FREE. Considering the amount of time, effort and costs involved to run a network like that you should be grateful that this service is still available at "NO COST" to you.

If you have an issue, just report it and "WAIT" until someone can check what the problem is when they have a spare free time to do so.

If you wish to have 1st class service, then pay for 1st class service. Maybe VATSIM should charge a subscription per month, so users like you can have demands with SLA for support tickets unresolved, but since last time I checked, they are doing all these for FREE.. so if they take 2 months to resolve an issue so be it.. 

Some users attitude is beyond comprehension, they want all for free, with top level support class, and complain about not getting what they want -as if they paid for it- without understanding how much work people have to put for such projects.

This ill attitude is what is diminishing the amount of freeware available in the market, lack of gratitude, recognition and demands as if you were paying these people / developers salary is just driving them away.  

S.

Edited by w6kd
typo edit at user request
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just ignore the troll guys.

The new AFV is amazing and the team is doing a fantastic job!

• Upvote 3

Cheers,

Martin Hübner