Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Servers down - Serious trouble? - but further selling products?

Hello Matt,

I have been reading the latest news about some trouble to keeping the needed servers alive. Also there seems to be a problem to pay bills to (at least) google. Is this an indication that we can´t use PTA on mid/long term anymore? Registration services aren´t alive at this moment BUT you are selling this product further. Right? That is a bad combination Matt. Not able to paying bills and also sharing this "problem/situation" a few weeks ago (raise donations and asking about that) indicates that there might be a bigger problem which in Germany at least is called "Bankrupped". And if you are selling further products and knowing your business is in serious trouble COULD let to a crime. Your should be warned and you are right now.

Unfortunately your post on Facebook that PTA/ProjectFly aren´t "dying" could not really convince me.

I whish you can sort this one out. Again I like this products but it seems to me that your company and you as a responsible CEO are in serious trouble.

I really ask myself: "How can that happen if months ago  was clear that it CAN come so far"? You must not answer this last question mentioned here.

But as a customer I would really be interested what the solution is? Because you are having a big community trusting you and your work. But selling products which can´t be registred and used is not really customer friendly. 

I like your ideas about helping the community with very nice stuff. But it seems to me that you have not really a clue how to get this horsepower down the road! It is just my opinion and I really hope you play open cards. I said it before: don´t make promisses you can not keep because that is what causes a lot of negative feedback.

So at which moment it should be possible again to register PTA? Is it possible to answer this one? Or would you probably want some more time to give us feedback on this one?

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Caveat Emptor, Mr Davies has a track record that anyone can read about and make their own decisions whether or not to buy  or use his products. 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

26 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Caveat Emptor, Mr Davies has a track record that anyone can read about and make their own decisions whether or not to buy  or use his products. 

Of course and yes indeed. But selling products which CAN not be used has nothing to do with Caveat Emptor. Because that isn´t something a buyer can clearly see. I would expect that Matt stops selling as long as it is not possible to register this product to use it. 

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, Rob_Ainscough said:

I believe Matt said he would have PTA server up and running tomorrow ... which I think is now today ... per his Facebook post.

Cheers, Rob.

That would be very nice indeed. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Website is down at the moment.

Matt Davies is the flight simulator version of  " Whack a mole"...he pops up then disappears, then back again.

PTA is a small investment thats why i bought it , the idea of anything involving a subscription or hefty price tag with Matt Davies name on it is  not advised.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Of course and yes indeed. But selling products which CAN not be used has nothing to do with Caveat Emptor. Because that isn´t something a buyer can clearly see. I would expect that Matt stops selling as long as it is not possible to register this product to use it. 

Regards Marcus

If the website stays down that will probably happen.

Redrawing PTA immediately from shops because of perhaps 1 day offline seems a little drastic.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

So at which moment it should be possible again to register PTA? Is it possible to answer this one? Or would you probably want some more time to give us feedback on this one? 

Have you really read the news and his Facebook post as you stated? The answer to your questions is already there.

So why starting this post? I will make my own conclusion   

Edited by Shaheen

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If the website stays down that will probably happen.

Redrawing PTA immediately from shops because of perhaps 1 day offline seems a little drastic.

It was not really clear to me it would take just one day to build up again. Of course course I understand your opinion on that. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

33 minutes ago, Shaheen said:

Have you really read the news and his Facebook post as you stated? The answer to your questions is already there.

So why starting this post? I will make my own conclusion   

I did not wrote I read it on Facebook. I pulled the info from FSElite. And they were very carefull with making statements and promisses for a third partly (which is understandable).

The point is: IF (and also that is not clear) Matt would need another supplier for this servers AND he is not able to pay bills to his first supplier (in this case google) it COULD lead to some problems which makes it harder to comeback onine again and could mean much more time. Or he has the servers needed to become PTA and his site online again. Lets hope he will sort it out.

But causion by new buyers is healthy here. That is why I started this post. A forum IS an appropriate place to do so.

Of course you can make your own conclusions. 

And we had other kind of promisses in the past which he could not followup.

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I were Matt, I would re-sell the product to another vendor immediately. Matt would pay the bills and live worries-free life

• Upvote 1

It's back up now.

Thank you to some of you for your incredibly useful input, it's always a pleasure to read /s

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Just to add to this, please read here - all is explained... now can we please stop with the unnecessary BS? It's tiresome. 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

This Topic has now been Locked

Let’s get back to flying and having fun

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0