Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Most wanted in P3D V....

POLL: Most wanted in P3D V"X"  

187 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose just 1 topic from the list below which you wanted to be the first "updated" in P3D, which one would that be?

• Atmospheric behaviour (comparable to MSFS 2020 seen footage). Incl. Sky textures, Sun, moon, Light, Shadows, Clouds, Scattering, Fog, Rain, Snow, etc.
    • Updated Scenery (comparable to MSFS 2020 or even "just" Ortho4XP output). incl. Landclass, Mesh, Landmarks, Accurate Buildings, Roads, Railways, Lightning (Road and Buildings)
    • Flight dynamic behaviour
    • Updated Water to more realistic water incl. waves, colours, scattering, depth, etc.
    • Nothing from above interests me, I want somwething else....(which would at this moment only be possible to wright in some posts below)

I don't think that it will take years for MSFS 2020 to catch up with P3D. I don't think the stuff that now works in Prepar3D will take anything like as much work to adapt to MSFS 2020 as starting from scratch would. Out of the box MSFS 2020 will have far better scenery and atmosphere than Prepar3D V4. Much of what is currently available for FSX P3D I believe will be portable to MSFS 2020. Aircraft, Airports. Much of the other stuff we use will become redundant. e.g. weather engines, camera addons, shader tweakers etc. I cannot see myself giving up Prepar3d or X-Plane and who knows what P3DV5 and XP12 will be like. I wouldn't be surprised if we see P3D V5 fairly soon. I don't think the MSFS 2020 is as far removed from FSX as one might think. So no I don't think we are looking at years here. It is clear that MSFS will have a legacy mode. So that's a dead give away that current addon aircraft will work in it. First thing I am going to do when I get my hands on it is dust off my FSX NGX and my FSX A2A C172 and see if I can't show horn them in there.😝🤣😎

The one thing that I would like to see from Prepar3D V5 is far better performance. 60+fps on the same settings that I currently get 30+fps. But that ain't going to happen!

• Upvote 2

I’m surprised that ppl would vote for scenery over improved flight dynamics and spin stall recovery aka XP11...!

Having scenery comparable to ORBX MSFS2020 would require a ton of work and MostLikely a completely new scenery engine which would look nice but without the enhanced flight dynamics I would lose interest fast.

• Like 1

Chris Camp

17 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I’m surprised that ppl would vote for scenery over improved flight dynamics and spin stall recovery aka XP11...!

Having scenery comparable to ORBX MSFS2020 would require a ton of work and MostLikely a completely new scenery engine which would look nice but without the enhanced flight dynamics I would lose interest fast.

For GA aircraft possibly.

I only fly heavy stuff and flight dynamics are OK as they are.

Have not yet had to recover my QOTSII from a spin!

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1. Rendering engine - fully PBR / learn from TomatoShade & PTA / Work with ORBX to make True Earth actually work, it doesn't. Stop bottle necking on CPU Core 0.
Currently the engine isn't able to cope with the volume of scenery being thrown at it. 

2. Flight Dynamics - they aren't great, camera not connected to turbulence etc 

3. Atmosphere and Clouds - even with all the addons its pretty poor, cloud shadows at dusk cause performance to drop through the floor, weather engine cannot adjust naturally overtime etc. 

Thats what I want but the problem is on all 3 Microsoft are miles ahead of them so whatever they do won't live with FS through 2021.

Maybe it is best to focus on areas that MS will not be looking at for a good few years, VR, ATC, Helicopters.

Realistically I think LM will just give up and focus on the military war games stuff. Submarines piloting anyone?

Edited by DellyPilot
  • Like 1

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

6 hours ago, MacSalisbury said:

How does wideview (the multimonitor software)compare performance wise? Does it degrade performance too?

For three "windows" via Wideview you need THREE high performance PCs each running licenced copies of P3D and most of your other addons (weather, traffic, scenery, airports).

Whilst each one would only display one window, so have good performance, the sheer cost and space taken by that is very offputting to say the least.  And the coordination of things like traffic and cloud positions across the three PCs is pretty much impossible, creating ugly differences especially in the blended overlaps (done to remove lines separating the three parts).

I've seen it operating on folks setups in the past (not with P3D) and decided it wasn't for me. So I delayed such a display till I could get a PC which would cope. That I now have, but I cannot have many of the settings up very high because of the performance limiting single core dependency.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

5 hours ago, Beardyman said:

what is the point of such poll ?, does anybody from LM care or take into consideration any results or remarks ?

I think not, at least in my experience with communicating with them, or what they communicate with us.  This is why unless they come out with something totally revolutionary, v4 was the last version that I'll buy from LM.

DellyPilot

Work with ORBX to make True Earth actually work, it doesn't.

How does it "not work"? Mine is excellent.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Improved AI behavior:

Ai ac should follow RW approaches/depatures, at least they should not fly into/through mountains as it happens at some airports in mountainous areas.

Less go-arounds.

AI ac on ground and airport files (AFCAD). A better cooperation of traffic and AFCAD is needed. No unnecessary U-turns on runways for example.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

13 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

For three "windows" via Wideview you need THREE high performance PCs each running licenced copies of P3D and most of your other addons (weather, traffic, scenery, airports).

Whilst each one would only display one window, so have good performance, the sheer cost and space taken by that is very offputting to say the least.  And the coordination of things like traffic and cloud positions across the three PCs is pretty much impossible, creating ugly differences especially in the blended overlaps (done to remove lines separating the three parts).

I've seen it operating on folks setups in the past (not with P3D) and decided it wasn't for me. So I delayed such a display till I could get a PC which would cope. That I now have, but I cannot have many of the settings up very high because of the performance limiting single core dependency.

Pete

A multi monitor view can be done up to 140 degrees with 1 NVSurround view , configured in P3DV4 as a new camera view with the Distortion fix checked...  So no fisheye effect.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

ATC is for me a major priority in future P3D version(s), all ATC add-ons available on the market are certainly helpful, but honestly nowhere near the recording and montage quality of the original which should be updated and improved.

• Upvote 1

Better performance - Vulcan

Less reliance on poorly performing Microsoft - recently re-purposed a 2700k with gtx970 to run Linux Mint / X-Plane/Orbx Truearth/EGHI and the result is very acceptable compared to overclocked 9700K and gtx1080 running Win10/P3Dv4 /UK photo/UK2000

The biggest turn-off of Flightsim 2020 for me will be the need for Microsoft Systems of which I have now largely divested from

Gordon

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

I seriously doubt that MSFS2020 will be the perfect sim on the 1st day of release.

then let us wait and see what MSFS going to bring with it, after that we can ask LM to come up with something better in P3D V.

for now, every thing in this poll (and more as per all interviews) is coming as standard in MSFS, why bother?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Other: Improved performance. It's still pretty bad with some addons or combination of addons (aircraft + airports etc).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

another small one ...

Shoreline waves either they get improved or they should be abandoned. At least we should have an option to disable them.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

They could finally fix time zones 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q