Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

16 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Yes, they also posted a screenshot of the acceptance e-mail, which was sent 10-12 hours ago. Also they have a "very high-end" system, which means they're not looking to test exclusively on older hardware right now.

I hope they can publicly disclose the minimum system requirements today so I can know if my system has a chance or not.

Link?

Nothing for me... 9900k, RTX2080Ti, 64GB RAM 4TB M.2 drives.... i just forgot to tell them...

Keep in mind that emails will be sent out THROUGH the 24th

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

From Microsoft:

Tech Alpha 1 registration has ended

Thank you for your interest in signing up for the upcoming Tech Alpha 1 build. Unfortunately, we have completed the recruitment process and registration is now closed.

If you are interested in participating in our build program but were not able to sign up in time for Tech Alpha 1, please make sure to check for updates in our Insider Section for the next recruitment window.

If you have already registered for Tech Alpha 1, we will be confirming acceptance via email between October 17th through the 24th. The release window opens October 24th and we will begin providing access to the Tech Alpha 1 build for those that have been accepted.

Please note that if you have signed up for the Tech Alpha and do not receive an acceptance notification, you will be automatically added into the pool of potential candidates for our next build.

Thank You,

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

1 minute ago, rhumbaflappy said:

From Microsoft:

That's been there for more than a week...

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

they're not looking to test exclusively on older hardware right now.

Received the email yesterday at 16:30 PST and for reference my system specs are: 6700K 4.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 980Ti, SSD, M.2, HDD, 4K TV as monitor, warthog HOTAS, non metered fiber internet. 

• Upvote 1

Its the very first alpha. Its supposed to be unstable and frame heavy. I expect them therefore to pick a bunch of around 200—300 people with highend hardware. My guess is it will be a stress test for servers and client stability.

a bigger group and bad hardware makes testing only more difficult. Once the sim progresses the group of invited people gets bigger. 

Thats common software development procedure

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

I have a feeling that the first test will probably be like 100 people or so. They usually start small.

My invitation email has just arrived.

For reference, my system is Intel i7-8700, Nvidia GTX 2080S, 64 Gig RAM, various SSDs, 4k TV and 100/25 fibre internet.

I live in Cape Town South, Africa where Bing imagery is pretty terrible over my house compared to Google Maps so it should be.... interesting.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Mine just arrived, i actually think it might be more around the Internet connection.  I have Virgin 500mb unlimited, currently one of the fastest connections in the UK with no limit.  I think MS might be wanting to test the streaming tech.  I also think it's way more than 100 people.

Ian R Tyldesley

I notice in the email from the Reddit link, there's no mention/reminder of NDA in the email. I thought they'd put something in if they really didn't want people announcing that they got in.

No there isnt. It would be if FS2020 hadnt been publicy announced yet.

Lukas Dalton