Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

Hmm, out of curiosity, anyone with less than 32GB of RAM got an invite? Noticed a lot of the picks were running 32

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

21 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

So it seems quite clear for me what Microsoft's criteria is, based on everyone who has shared their specs.

They have a high end nVidia GPU.  That is 80 or 80 Ti, i.e. 980, 980 Ti, 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080, 2080 Ti.

Have not seen any GPU's lower than that or even AMD GPU's.  Don't think internet connection matters in this case.

i have amd vega 56 and was acccepted.. )

• Like 1

Interesting, I'm running 32gb and I got an acceptance letter as well. I am however, running a slower internet connection, averages about 25mbps. 

1080ti, 4790k, 32gb, 4K display. 

Edited by CaptainIronside

25 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

That download speed won't disqualify you, it's way above average.

I'd guess not - though it depends on what they want to test.  If your question is, "how does this run on a bare-bone connection," then higher speed wouldn't be useful

I continue to think they'll be after a range of specs, at least for opening rounds.

I have 32 Gb and still nothing. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Just sitting here and hoping for invite.
Let's get our fingers crossed.

Spec: i7-7700K, 1080Ti, 16Gb RAM and 500mbps/500mbps unlimited.

In the spirit of data collection, I'll say that yes, I did get my email.

i7-7700K, 32GB RAM (for @Baber20's confirmation), nVidia 1070, SSD, triple monitor with one of them being 4k. EDIT: Oh yeah, and 150Mbps pipes.

I told the truth on the application about my frequency of sim time, but I lied and said that I've never eaten food from a pot luck when I didn't bring anything myself.

Hope that helps.

Edited by NotASenator
forgot the speed
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

Intriguing, but still nVidia.  Guess we know which graphics drivers are gonna work best lol.

Nvidia GPUs are used by the majority of PC gamers.  Nvidia users being the ones to get these invites doesn't necessarily mean that Radeons are going to do poorly in MS Flight Simulator, it's more likely a function of the fact that most flight simmers use Nvidia cards already.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Nvidia GPUs are used by the majority of PC gamers.  Nvidia users being the ones to get these invites doesn't necessarily mean that Radeons are going to do poorly in MS Flight Simulator, it's more likely a function of the fact that most flight simmers use Nvidia cards already.

True.

I haven't been invited, running a pretty old rig now:

i7-3770K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1060.

It's obvious they are going to test with high-end systems and very fast Internet connections now. Perhaps they will allow a wider range of systems once they get some more optimisation in, so now they just need brute force.

39 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

Intriguing, but still nVidia.  Guess we know which graphics drivers are gonna work best lol.

It may not be a deliberate filtering for Nvidia though, just a reflection of the way that brand has dominated the gaming/FS market in recent years. For example:

In the list of top 20 GPU's used by Steam gamers in the September 2019 Hardware Survey, there are 18 Nvidia cards, one Intel (laptop, probably), and just one AMD card at 11th place. The list is heavily dominated by Nvidia in the single digit percentage numbers, and only shifts to more AMD and Intel in the fractional numbers.

The XP11 automated usage survey shows 68% of users with Nvidia cards, 18% with AMD, and 14% with Intel. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor