Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

I'm in and so happy as I have been siming since the Intel 8808 days  🙂

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

Lucky You...you must have enjoyed your day...

Edited by pao

too much, too soon....

1 hour ago, Harold_Finch said:

I'm in and so happy as I have been siming since the Intel 8808 days  🙂

Great news Harold. How much RAM does your rig have?

So did they send you the sim to download or are you still waiting ? I guess you can tell us that

2 hours ago, cepact said:

So did they send you the sim to download or are you still waiting ? I guess you can tell us that

I'm sure when that email arrives, it's bound to spread like wildfire around the communities.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

19 hours ago, Avidean said:

Fr. Bill must have got his download link. He hasn't posted in nearly an hour after being pretty active all day. That's the last we will see of him for awhile. I wonder will he show up for Mass Sunday?🤣

Nope, no download link or instructions yet. The email I received said that the Tech Alpha build would not be available for some time yet.

Oddly enough I still have to produce work for my employer. My position here is completely voluntary and I can only spend x amount of time here.

We are currently wrapping up final preparations for build release and access. Though we are not providing build access today, you should expect an email in the near future with instructions for access and download.                

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Don't know about anybody else, but I'm spending the whole day on conference calls.

So yeah, fun.  Loads and loads of fun.

Yeah I'm stuck at work on overtime...10 hours plus 1 for driving grrrr

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, darrenkarp said:

Great news Harold. How much RAM does your rig have?

64 GB

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

2 hours ago, CaptainIronside said:

Anyone have any idea how long the Tech Alpha 1 will last? 

haven't started yet so I would guess a couple of months at least..

too much, too soon....

Can anyone confirm a rumor that if you agree to accepting the MSFS tech alpha, you cannot have that installed on the same machine as P3D?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, dihedral said:

Can anyone confirm a rumor that if you agree to accepting the MSFS tech alpha, you cannot have that installed on the same machine as P3D?

Haven't heard of that, but it sounds extremely bogus to me. If it really was a thing it probably would have been on the NDA during the sign-up phase anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dihedral said:

Definitely not true. No mention of that anywhere.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

This wouldn't make any sense, since most likely at least 90% of the people who have applied for alpha are using P3D.