Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

4 hours ago, Mucker said:

... I am a bit frustrated they didn't even take the trouble to post a basic message on social media to keep us in the loop, Alpha testing was originally stated to start from the 24th after all.

pssssst! Patience is teh first Alpha test, dont fail here hold on! 😉

34 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I have a feeling that the alpha got rolled out today. 

And this feeling is based on what exactly—since you haven’t been picked for the Alpha, I mean?! 😁

44 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I have a feeling that the alpha got rolled out today. 

anyone besides me remember the song that goes like this:?

"Role out the barrels....we'll have a barrel of fun..."

??

anybody at all?

circa 1945 thereabouts

grandpa?

• Like 1

Well they're a bit late will this week's update. I wonder if saying the next update would be today was a mistake 😂

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Well they're a bit late will this week's update.

Haha could you imagine if they missed today’s update combined with the current gossip that those invited to the tech alpha have not received access yet?

oh the humanity. pitchforks and torches descending on Southern France. The this is another “Flight” would crescendo to a peak not seen before.

But seriously, I am glad the internet is a calm, forgiving and reasonable place of patience.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Well they're a bit late will this week's update. I wonder if saying the next update would be today was a mistake 😂

I read on another forum that they changed the update schedule to Fridays instead of Thursdays.

2 minutes ago, obsoletepower said:

I read on another forum that they changed the update schedule to Fridays instead of Thursdays.

They haven't said anything about that, not sure where the person would get that from. The last update says; "Next update 10.31!"

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I'm wondering how many got picked for Alpha 1.  Anyone on here been an Alpha or Beta tester for any other software with an NDA?  How does that work to make sure nobody leaks.  Seems like all people do now days is leak stuff.  

16 minutes ago, P47D said:

I'm wondering how many got picked for Alpha 1.  Anyone on here been an Alpha or Beta tester for any other software with an NDA?  How does that work to make sure nobody leaks.  Seems like all people do now days is leak stuff.  

I have, even with Microsoft. Usually you just sign a boilerplate NDA, be it in person, via smart card or by email, and that's about it. How they control and enforce this is very much dependent on the project. A project like MSFS2020 will have leaks and they know it. Gathering random testers around the world without thorough vetting and control will yield leaks and they have already accounted for it. They just don't care about that so much. The financial cost of large, free of charge test group outweighs the leaks for a project like this.

Edited by Evros

45 minutes ago, P47D said:

Well there is not much to really leak with all the previews and stuff.  More like leaking a narrative, what channel are you watching?👺 I think everybody is still waiting for the Alpha 1 download link.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

8 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I think everybody is still waiting for the Alpha 1 download link.

Since Alpha 2 is announced for mid November it wouldn’t surprise me if both 1&2 get download access at the same time.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, Johnny19 said:

Since Alpha 2 is announced for mid November it wouldn’t surprise me if both 1&2 get download access at the same time.

Where did you get that timeline from? The current roadmap states that the recruiting for Alpha #2 starts at the end of November...

1 minute ago, maggussje said:

Where did you get that timeline from? The current roadmap states that the recruiting for Alpha #2 starts at the end of November...

Check the latest article on FSelite, it states that they are opening alpha 2 on Nov 7th, and will close it mid November 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Right now, the team are targeting a mid-November timeframe to inform people for the Tech Alpha 2 release/availability.

So that is the target for information only, and as we have seen they are not sharpshooters. For all we know, tech alpha 2 could stretch into next year. Registering for something and actually receiving it are two different things, especially if decisions are not even finalized.