Sign in to follow this  
PhilipN

Project A319 Easyjet?

Hi!  I've seen several repaints of the Project A319 in the new Easyjet livery, but they all are of the "specialty versions" such as the Amsterdam one.  Would someone mind making a repaint for the PA319 in the plain-vanilla Easyjet livery that is currently in use?

Rough idea, Is this the correct Livery, if not can you point me at an image?

easy.jpg

That livery is already available, but it is not the current Easyjet livery.  Here is a news article with a picture that shows the current livery:  http://avherald.com/h?article=49705313

There are specialty versions of this livery on Avsim already (for example the "Amsterdam" tulip version), but not the "plain-vanilla" one.

Thanks for your interest in this project!

Here's a rough, let me know what changes you need Buddy

easya.pngeasyb.png

• Like 1

Sorry I've been away for a bit, but this looks really close!  Comparing it with the picture I found on Jetphotos of OE-LQL (which is from a similar angle to your second pic), I'd say that there are only a few "height-width ratio" differences I can see:  easyJet logo on fuselage should probably have its height decreased and length increased a bit (looks stretched vertically as is; if you want to use the plane windows for reference, in the real plane, the logo ends over the top of the 11th window from the front rather than the 10th).

It's realistic for the bottom part of the letter y to collide with a window.  Orange swoop needs to be stretched backwards (its lower edge, not its upper edge, runs across the fairing connecting the wing to the fuselage, and basically hits the rear tip of that fairing).

As for the tail, the logo seems to need enlargement; the middle--not the bottom--of the word "easyJet" is roughly lined up with the upper trailing-edge tip of the vertical stabilizer.

Here are two photos from which to work:  https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9308846 for left side of plane, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A319#/media/File:G-EZBW_Airbus_A319-111_A319_EZY_(neue_Bemalung)_(16000999414).jpg for right side of plane.

Thanks for your attention to detail!  I would like to learn to repaint planes myslef, but my current project is to learn the skill of editing instrument panels and interior cockpits.  (I just added a xpdr to my default DC-3 for VATSIM usage!)  I will be sure to look for tips in the paint-shop forums here when I am ready, though!

The Default A321 panel and VC work fine in this too 🙂

Looking a lot closer to the real-world pics now!  I'd like to see the easyJet logo shrunk a bit so that it's only 11 windows long, with its front end over the leading edge of the first window (not that I notice the individual windows in flight; I just think they're a good way to measure the logo for perspective), and moved a bit up on the right side so that the letters other than y are above the windows as in the real pictures.

I feel like I'm being unusually picky by bringing up these sorts of details, but I feel like this could become a very popular livery among freeware simmers, even the "gold standard" livery for EZY/EZS/EJU fliers who fly the A319, if you are of a mind to post it in a place where it is publicly accessible.  I would like to see it avoid anything like the issue you see in the POSKY ERJ-145 United Express livery I have, in which the company letters look very blocky.

Looking great!  One detail I just noticed in the real pictures was that both the wingtip fences and under-wing "pods" (which, if I am correct, are the fairings for the control-surface actuators) are painted orange.  I didn't notice that until today, though.  And how easy would it be to get the white gap between the cockpit windscreen and the orange paint to be a bit narrower?

I can still see a few minor differences, but I don't really know much about what goes into making a repaint like this, so I have no idea if they're even things that can be controlled or changed easily.  If I were to get into repainting, would you say that it was easier to do one's own project from scratch, or start learning by making minor edits to a preexisting project?

By the way, here's one more picture--one that shows the two or three differences I see between this texture and the real plane.  (Note the fact that the slanted orange area comes down to a point, rather than wrapping around the bottom of the plane--you can probably use the point at which it crosses the wing-root fairing as a reference--and how the lower slant starts just behind the cockpit windows so that it hits the middle of the first window and just nicks the bottom of the third.)

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9454168