I have a Flight Stick Pro, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals which all worked great, up to about 6 - 9 months ago when Win 10 updates did the number on the CH Software, and basically it no longer works. To me without being able to use the Control Manager software to remap buttons, the throttle and joystick are about worthless.

I was just wondering if anyone else own CH Products controllers, has issues with Win 10, and has any know fixes. I really hate to go out and buy new flight controllers of different brand, but I need something, like everyone, I'm super excited about FS 2020, and can't wait for its release.

When I contacted CH they were not very helpful, I think part of the issue is CH was bought up by APEM which could care less about the PC hardware/software they acquired, and basically stated they were tired of chasing all the Ms changes, and at this time, would no longer support Control Manager software for Win 10.

Is there a throttle quadrant available from someone that has "beta" area for thrust reverse with turboprop engines?

http://www.chproducts.com/13-28464-Home.php.html

I have older CH products and I'm running Win 10 64 bit Home Edition.  I don't have any problems with my equipment other than what I can attribute to old pots in the Throttle Quad. 

There was an earlier thread that discussed using Win 10 to reset the controller calibration.  I printed it out when I saw it but I can't find it now.  I'll add it to this thread when I find it.

In the meantime, I don't simulation program to manage my CH products and have found that the Control Manager is basically junk.   I use a Licensed version of FSUIPC for all my assignments and have had few problems.  You might try a free version of FSUIPC to see if that makes a difference.  You can then add the license if everything works.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Guys, you might get better responses by posting this in the Hardware forum or the FSX/P3D/Xplane forums. This is the forum for Virtual Reality related topcis.

I didn't even see the hardware section, too far down the page, I was trying to figure out a way to move it, but looks like they don't allow that edit, probably would need admin to do it.

In order to get things moved or changed, you need to click on Report Post in the Upper Right of each topic/post.  This is sent to the AVSIM Moderators.  Tell them what you want to have happen.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:29 PM, HC1Gunner said:

I have a Flight Stick Pro, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals which all worked great, up to about 6 - 9 months ago when Win 10 updates did the number on the CH Software, and basically it no longer works. To me without being able to use the Control Manager software to remap buttons, the throttle and joystick are about worthless.

I was just wondering if anyone else own CH Products controllers, has issues with Win 10, and has any know fixes. I really hate to go out and buy new flight controllers of different brand, but I need something, like everyone, I'm super excited about FS 2020, and can't wait for its release.

When I contacted CH they were not very helpful, I think part of the issue is CH was bought up by APEM which could care less about the PC hardware/software they acquired, and basically stated they were tired of chasing all the Ms changes, and at this time, would no longer support Control Manager software for Win 10.

Is there a throttle quadrant available from someone that has "beta" area for thrust reverse with turboprop engines?

http://www.chproducts.com/13-28464-Home.php.html

Hey Gunner. With X Plane  beta does work part way.I am CH equipped. I used to be able to twist props, and open buckets, and louvers by pulling back. Laminar changed that. Now  i designated a  button to open buckets, and louvers with pulling back on the levers. I do have Win 10 also.I hope Apem does not drop the product line since they are affordable.

Hi Gunner, I use the CH 6-lever throttle with the Majestic Q400 and a licenced version of FSUIPC in FSX:SE and have got the reverse thrust working OK, it took a bit of messing about to get it all working as I wanted, including setting values in the Majestic Q400 Control Panel, but it all works as it should and I'm very happy with it.

The following links may help...  it seems quite complicated but don't give up, the end result will be worth it.

http://www.tropicairvirtual.com/company/misc/utility/tutorial/fsuipc-guide-v1.pdf

http://www.flaps2approach.com/journal/2014/12/19/how-to-calibrate-flight-controls-using-fsxfs10-and-fsuipc.html

Good luck

John