Sign in to follow this  
Guest BruceFreeburger

The 2005 User Demographic Poll

Guest Bob I

Hi,Us Republicans do not fill out Demograph polls. So there.....Old Layabout... in sunny Florida

......and then broken down further as to whether I can see enough of the outside world above the cockpit display in the 2D view, or a little sliver of sky that is practically useless for VFR ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest N12345

>Do you fly on Vatsim-IVAO, or use FS9 ATC?>Good question... An additional answer choice "Or Other Multiplayer Server (Write-in)" would be helpful. For myself, I prefer WSPilots.com over Vatsim-IVAO and other multiplayer servers.N12345

Hi Tom,thanks for having us suggest additions or changes to the survey; much appreciated!One question that pops up frequently but nobody seems to have a quantitative answer for:Do you fly mostly real-time or deliberately set season and time of day?Or, as multiple choice:Do you fly real-time? Always - Mostly - Hardly Ever - Never Cheers, Holger

Guest LahaskaFlyer

do you download or prefer cd's?Jack WilsonDell8300Pent.R4CPU 3.0 GhzXP-Pro1.00 GB of Ram256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 XTSB AudigyDell 19" MonitorCable ModemCH Yoke-Pedals

Guest Arlei

What is your average frame rate

Guest Kilstorm McBride

Two things hereThe first would be to request additional survey info on topics like1)What does the user use for AI: Default, Project AI, UT, UT live etc..2) what does the user use for weather: their own custom weather, Default download, Active sky etc...3) what does the user use for enhancements: Ulitmate terrian, FS gensis mesh, Ulitmate enviroment etc...4) what does the user use for night lighting: default, FSnight etc...5)what does the user use for sound enhancements: FShotseatFX, default, etc..6) what does the user use for flight planning: Default etc...7) does the user use active camera?The second thing would be for Avism to contact the FS team and request for them to take the poll using their own seperate results with out personal questions like how much they make and give us an idea of how they use the sim. It would be interesting to know by a nameless survey what they are using to enhance their simming.Kilstorm

Guest Kilstorm McBride

or how about what do you consider to be a good or acceptable FPS?

It's worth pointing out here that some of us don't use MICROSOFT's flight simulator ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest UPS009

Under Question 6. What is your occupation? I would add Military and Airline Employee. I would also like to see a question asking if you belong to a VA.

>I When you fly do you use:>> 1. ATC> 2. GPS> 3. Flight Planner (3rd party or def)> 4. Default Map>>add 5.INS 6.FMC as for both these there are freeware alternatives too.cheersJP.

Guest MaineScenery

In order for me to fill out the survey honestly, All multiple choice questions should include as a choice "Correct choice not available"All yes/no questions should have a "maybe" optionAll questions which have FMC as a choice should also include aa a choice "I can't even imagine that"

Guest tprior

Several suggestions:i) concerning who we are:What is your highest level of education?ii)concerning what we like:What type of payware addons do you buy most frequently? (scenery, aircraft, utilities . . .)Who do you feel produces the highest quality payware aircraft? (with an appropriate list--though inclusivity might have to ironed out--suggestions?)iii) and just because this keeps cropping up in all sorts of wierd ways, and I've become really curious about the stats on this one:Does your spouse have full, partial, or no knowledge of the range of resources (time and money) you devote to the hobby?Tim

Guest N73GX

ok... Questions1. Are you a member of AOPA or EAA?Instead of "Do you use multiple Monitors.2. How many monitors do you use for Flight simThis is how I back up these questions.1. We could get a better idea of how many users use an AOPA membership for their Virtual flying. This in turn could give the powers that be at AOPA.org to offer more to the Virtual flyer. This would in turn create more members for the AOPA and strengthen the Real pilot and virtual pilot alike.2. Its not enough to ask if you use multiple monitors but to ask how many. This would give all companies involved with creating or building anything for the flight sim world and how that product would react to 2 to 5 monitors. I feel that these questions help broaden the minds that create and build for real aviation and virtual aviationThank youJason G.http://www.matrixlair.com/extra/main2.gifhttp://www.matrixlair.com