Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

UPDATE: SKY SIMULATIONS MD-11 V2.2

Just to preview because I can.  More work was done in the way of placars, these placards will be good for both the metal and the painted versions of the kit.  Drives me nuts when developers leave a bare aircraft.  So was able to get a good clean shot of the doors and added some placards to the cargo doors as well.  Its a slow process because all the work I'm doing I'm immediately doing to the metal aircraft because every variance from metal (a sticker is not metal) I have to adjust the Red channel on each individual fuselage file.  Anyways, a quick shot of what I have working for the metal is the bottom one, its just a slow tedious process.

48930240386_57bed64f46_o.jpg

48930240296_6f1faaf51c_o.jpg

48930240556_1065d82645_h.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Outstanding work Brian!  The metal effect is spot on... can't wait to see her wrapped in some liveries. 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Outstanding work Brian!  The metal effect is spot on... can't wait to see her wrapped in some liveries. 

HE LIVES!

I think I have the passenger metal/paint figured out and done. Painted Freighter as well, I might have the metal for the freighter done haven't tested it yet.

I think I have American all painted just need to do the Red Channels for it.

Currently on the road until atleast Sat. So hopefully this weekend.

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On 10/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, thibodba57 said:

HE LIVES!

I think I have the passenger metal/paint figured out and done. Painted Freighter as well, I might have the metal for the freighter done haven't tested it yet.

I think I have American all painted just need to do the Red Channels for it.

Currently on the road until atleast Sat. So hopefully this weekend.

Brian, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things.  Do I just drop these metal files in each Texture file and replace what's there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Brian, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things.  Do I just drop these metal files in each Texture file and replace what's there?

The way most common texture files work is they are related to a common folder not a livery specific one.  This folder location is the plain Texture folder. If you look in it you will find each of the files I have provided. You can replace them there if you like.  HOWEVER, if you want to just try them out, all you need to do is put them in the livery folder you want to see it added to.  Say Texture.fdx for example. The simulator will look in the local texture folder for these files before it looks back to the common folder.  There is a catch to this unfortunately.  The files I have uploaded are for a freighter only I think at this point. The moment I get my computer setup again I’ll be able to Parce it out and make sure it’s for both. Unfortunately that might be a bit.  Repairs are being done to my place from the earthquake we had last November.

Hope that clears it up some.  About the best I can do on my phone with no access to my files to directly relate to each file.

• Like 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

4 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Hope that clears it up some.  About the best I can do on my phone with no access to my files to directly relate to each file.

That makes sense to me Brian.  Thank you and I hope that you can get that damage straightened out quickly and get back to normalcy.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, thibodba57 said:

The way most common texture files work is they are related to a common folder not a livery specific one.  This folder location is the plain Texture folder. If you look in it you will find each of the files I have provided. You can replace them there if you like.  HOWEVER, if you want to just try them out, all you need to do is put them in the livery folder you want to see it added to.  Say Texture.fdx for example. The simulator will look in the local texture folder for these files before it looks back to the common folder. 

Note that you need a texture.cfg file in the, say, texture.fdx folder to redirect the texture builder to the common texture folder. Bascially what the texture.cfg does is tell the computer:
"if texture not found, look in this folder"

Here's an example of what the texture.cfg file contains

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Without doing that, you will get black textures all over the place

33 minutes ago, CatnipLeaves said:

Note that you need a texture.cfg file in the, say, texture.fdx folder to redirect the texture builder to the common texture folder. Bascially what the texture.cfg does is tell the computer:
"if texture not found, look in this folder"

Here's an example of what the texture.cfg file contains

Without doing that, you will get black textures all over the place

Those redirects already exist in their proper format. If someone replaces the originals with the updated files I provided this will work or they can throw them in the individual texture folder of the livery (I.e. texture.fdx). Tried it both ways and it works. What people might run into issue with is I’ve only done the freighter.  So the file name is different and will not change anything for the passenger aircraft. I’d have to look again but the only file that needs adjusting is the FWD fuselage Alpha if I recall.  The rest is just a file name change.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

But this question is still in my mind: does it flies in any circumstances like potato?

16 hours ago, LH340fan said:

...does it flies in any circumstances like potato?

Well you can mash the yoke around and she reacts very nicely 😉 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well back in town for the weekend. Haven't gotten to much work done given all the work thats being done on the house and will probably not get much done this weekend given all the painting we need to do after the repair work.  But I think I'm pretty close to hosting this altered paintkit to make metal work a bit more easy with this aircraft.  I have a few outlying issues with it, like the painted band in the hot section of the engine...idk where they came up with that, so I'll have to fix it , the engine inlets need to be recolored also.  But here is a couple screen shots, first of the Prime Aircraft which for all intents and purposes is done minus the painted band I just mentioned.  Also American, not nearly finished at all, as most of the work was the metal and this was just a proof of concept.  

49038237733_f2a05fdc66_h.jpg

49038746111_acb0ff8bf4_h.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 hour ago, pedrotrindade said:

Both look great, really nice Prime livery.

It's not Amazon Prime. It's Amazon USDA Choice 😉

In all seriousness, those two look nice, thibo! 

G'day,

I'm curious if you ever managed to find the time to release these? They look really promising and as a painter myself the improved paintkit sounds incredibly helpful!