Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Beijing to Ulyanovsk in an IL-76TD-90VD

I wanted to make this flight ZBAA/UWLW a month ago. Not only had I got to do the usual navdata updates plans etc but I had to attempt to model Vostochny airport as well.

But this what I love most about FS2004 is that it has taught me sooOOOooo much.....and still is. 😍

If you would like to see the full flight in sound and motion check here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCX9jY1XM9g

48913312576_4ca4d01a85_o.jpg

48912778578_85f9d1318a_o.jpg

48913508907_b7af47e901_o.jpg

48913309516_eaac35ab5b_o.jpg

48913520297_8eb3865889_o.jpg

• Like 7

Excellent, thank you!

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Ed: Always have loved this plane...and your (separate) video is excellent too. The model, there, looks so "real" especially during takeoff and landing...! BTW, I wish I could as easily put those "green" check-marks on those Check-list pages written in Russian language...🙂...I wouldn't have the faintest idea what they are....

• Like 1

Great to see the detailed look at the IL-76 operations, Ed, and that's a nice-looking UWLW as well.  Long flight from Beijing in a cargo plane of that vintage.

• Like 1

John G.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, P_7878 said:

I wish I could as easily put those "green" check-marks on those Check-list pages written in Russian language...🙂...I wouldn't have the faintest idea what they are....

Checklists are essential for flight. Although I translated and coded the checklist it would not be right not to have them in Russian. 

Point is if you see a red cross for your phase of flight you have forgotten something.....simples. 😁

16 hours ago, PittsS2B said:

Great to see the detailed look at the IL-76 operations, Ed, and that's a nice-looking UWLW as well.  Long flight from Beijing in a cargo plane of that vintage.

I am learning to use Gmax to make scenery. When I downloaded the available UWLW scenery it literally was an exclude which deleted the default scenery so there was nothing at all! 

• Like 1

Excellent work! I did wonder if you could understand written Russian Cyrillic  :wink: Then again if you love flying a plane enough to put the time in, then you also get used to where everything is located and how it use it! 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

I did wonder if you could understand written Russian Cyrillic  :wink: Then again if you love flying a plane enough to put the time in, then you also get used to where everything is located and how it use it! 

Correct. I may understand a word or two now (all thanks to flight simulation). It all started with the excellent Project Tupolev Tu-154. I became so practised with that bird I could start her from cold and dark pretty quickly. It really didn't matter that everything was in russian. In fact my next big panel project will the Tu-154M. 😎

• Like 1

Amazing work Ed!! 👍🙂

• Like 1

Staffan

I enjoyed the video an the pictures as much as always. And.. what a great "attempt"!

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 10/24/2019 at 10:29 PM, Staffan said:

Amazing work Ed!! 👍🙂

Thank you Staffan, always good to hear from you.

21 hours ago, HaraldG said:

I enjoyed the video an the pictures as much as always. And.. what a great "attempt"!

Thank you Harald, hope you did not mind the "wake up" call. 😄 I had to make a few of the buildings several times over but what a great and enjoyable exercise it was.....hopefully I can keep it up.

Some great flights coming up .... 

9 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Some really great shots there mate.

Don

Thank you Don, I put a lot more effort into my vids than my screens. 😉

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 7:33 PM, edetroit said:

hope you did not mind the "wake up" call.

Not at all, it was very welcome. I wouldn't have realized you post without it as I'm not so often in the fora these days anymore.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg