Sign in to follow this  
hpwells1

P3D4 Video Cards and CPUs

Just downloaded P3D4 and installed into my system because I was tired of getting those OOM's from FSX.  I was told by Peat Dowson  that if I didn't want those oom's I should go with a 64bitt game vs the 32bitt like FSX.  Anyway after downloading and activating the download and opened P3D4 I keep getting the error message DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.  I have tried updating my drivers  and set my regestery to see the 64 bitts but still cannot get the game to start.  The first screen works (setup) but that is all.

Hpwells.

It's probably upset because you call it a "game".😉

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

try to install latest video drivers

Edited by rob0203

OK, Program/software.  I did install a updated driver. Didn't work.  According to the manufacturer,Lockheed Martin Corp. the minimum requirements are :

operating system: microsoft windows 7 sp1 (64bit)     My system:  is that

computer processor: 2.2 GHz                              2.40 GHz Intel Core 2 DUO

computer memory: 4 GB                                        8 GB

HD space:  40 GB with at least 15GB on 😄          SSD 500GB

Graphics card video memory: 2 GB                      Nvidia GT-730   4 GB

Graphics card other: Full DirectX 11 support      GT 730 128 bit DDR5 Core 800 MHz

HDMI DVI-D VGA DirectX 12

hp wells

Try going into Nvidia Control Panel, select Manage 3D settings, change the option "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" and see if that helps. I assume you are running all P3D sliders to the left? If not, try that also. You can't be running DirectX 12 in Win7 since DirectX 12 requires Win10.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Have you overclocked, is your O/S windows up to date download the latest DirectX.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I can't seem to download just the NVIDIA control panel keeps sending me to download driver update which I all ready have.  I have the latest DirectX 11 installed. And when it comes to overclock my O/S I have no idea what you are talking about so I don't think I did that.  I did switch to my other nvidia card (GT-440) older card and when I start up P3D, go to options and set all sliders to the left and select go, I get the screen with all controls listed in the upper left and the screen zoom setting in red in the upper right but the rest of the screen is black.  (nothing happens).

hp wells

10 minutes ago, hpwells1 said:

I did switch to my other nvidia card (GT-440) older card

Whoa tiger.  You didn't say that before.  It seldom works well to just pull out an old card and put a new one in.

I would start by deleting the P3D.cfg file, and the shaders.  If you need help finding those, it's a quick google.

If that doesn't work, you will need to reinstall your vid card drivers (yes, download it again, select clean install).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

For the record.....a 2.4Ghz CPU/8GB RAM/GT730 GPU combo is not exactly going to set the P3D v4 world on fire.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I never said overclock your O/S I was talking about your system CPU or GPU your error is related to unstable system or corrupted DirectX files or GPU Drivers, and yes MS pushed out an update some time ago DX support for W7 that's why I asked if your O/S is up to date, have you run Dxdiag to test your hardware for errors.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Most of the times when I have seen DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG then it has been either due to D3D programming fault or more often a GPU Vmem error, a hardware issue. This error become pretty frequent if you push your vram past it's limits, or it comes out of a factory with faulty chips, like RTX 20 series did.

First things first. You need to wipe your system clean of any remnant drivers by using DDU. After that, reinstall latest drivers and delete prepar3d.cfg before attempting to launch P3D.

Edited by Evros

Thank You all for the advice I will do as you say and let you know what I found.  And yes Christopher Low, my system is quite old but I am "praying"  That I will not have those oom errors while flying.

Evros, Do I need to wipe my complete system ie, processor,chipset,graphics using DDU?

hpwells

51 minutes ago, hpwells1 said:

Evros, Do I need to wipe my complete system ie, processor,chipset,graphics using DDU?

hpwells

Graphics driver only. DDU stands for Display Driver Uninstaller and is only capable of doing that. I also recommend that you boot in to safe mode and use DDU there. Have new driver installer ready before you do and then disable your network card or just unplug the cable. Otherwise, once you are done uninstalling and boot back in to Windows, it will automatically start downloading outdated drivers from Windows Update Service.