Sign in to follow this  
Ident

Easter Eggs request

What are some of your "easter eggs" requests?

Maybe others might have some good ideas or remember easter eggs from other sims. I'd say fireworks over major cities on New Years Eve at midnight would be one. Fireworks on July 4th in major US cities might be one. Didn't a sim once include ghost flights over the Bermuda Triangle? Oshkosh week could be one to where the the field is packed with airshow stuff.

I remember FS5 had a volcanic eruption with their Hawaii add-on. Don't ask what the name of the volcano was. I only know you had to set the year to 1983 to see the eruption. But a volcanic eruption would in the new Sim's standard might be too much and too complex (but well I thought the same about global VFR). But maybe some simpler things like a space shuttle launch from Cape Canaveral (despite the Shuttle being out of service) or any other rocket launch.

IIRC, didn't the Berlin Wall appear in FS2002 or FS2004 if you chose a date before 9 November 1989?

There's a lot more essential functionality that I want from MSFS first.
However, when it's stable, I'd like to see the Northern and Southern Lights added, proper lunar and solar eclipses and may be even Farnborough, Paris and Dubai Airshows modelled.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, Ident said:

Didn't a sim once include ghost flights over the Bermuda Triangle?

F-14 Fleet Defender had a mission that had you go out to intercept unknown bogeys that turned out to be the flight of WW2 TBF Avengers lost over the Bermuda Triangle. ("Hey, we have the model from 1942:PAW already, so...")

The "Secret Shuttle" mission in FSX has a fun moment. 😉

DennyA
Fake planes flown: MSFS / P3D v4.x / FSX / X-Plane 11 / Aerofly FS2 / IL-2 / DCS / FlightSafety 737-200 full-motion (Aloha 243 cockpit) / a zillion old sims
Real planes flown: Mooney 231, Cessna 310, F-15D (back seat), T-34B (front seat) 

Ancient computer magazines I wrote about flight sims for: Computer Gaming World, Computer Games/Strategy+, Compute!, AmigaWorld
Rig: Core i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32GB, HP Reverb G2, Winwing HOTAS and Turtle Beach pedals

I remember Flight Simulator 2000 (or maybe it was 2002) had an island with a castaway, who apparently didn't make it, since he was a skeleton. I think there were also markings like "HELP" or "SOS" on the island. I only have a vague recollection.

Well if you know what they are, they wouldnt be Easter eggs,  would they? Ya gotta find them 🙂

• Like 1

Would be fun to see stadiums become alive during game times, and you can sync up to anthems for flyovers. Or stadium lights are on and off at relevant times. 

• Like 1

Ship and aircraft wrecks in the PTO.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I think it was in the Hawaii scenery for FS4, if you flew into a volcano and tried to land in it you would end up in a giant kitchen with a really big fly sitting on the table. It was all very static, but it was really a lot of fun. 

Now imagine that in the new MSFS, seeing clouds form (steam) from the boiling kettle on the furnace. If you're in a soar plane you could use the thermals from the furnace to fly to the table where you could circle around the warm toaster to gain altitude so you could make it into the living room. You can then try to land on the moving toy train, fly through hoops and tunnels and try to land on small objects. 

Probably way too much work, but it still is really fun to imagine the possibilities.