Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 17th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

We(our community was) were displayed on CNN.com this morning.
I’m happy with that! Was pretty thrilling!
I can wait another week to see something:-)

So far, so good. I’d rather see the team focused on the product than sending pics. 🙂

Yes, against my fleshly desire to see something. 
The wait won’t disappoint:-)

Have a great rest of day everyone,

KJAN RB

50 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Thank you for the update but no new media???

It's a little disappointing.  Would it have been very hard to take a few new screenshots?

I'd love to see some screen shot of cities and countryside in SE Asia (say RPLL or WSSS)?

At least the weather preview, like they did with the world preview. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

Also, if we get accepted to the alpha, we'll have it on our systems within a week anyway.

Ok, but I (and many others) didn't even bother applying for the Alpha., so regular media updates (every just a few measly screenshots) is all we have.

Are the Alpha Testers allowed to post screenshots/videos? I really hope so, but I expect the answer is "No".

Matthew S

6 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I really hope so, but I expect the answer is "No".

Correct, testers cannot post screenshots, videos, or even talk about their experiences.

Brandon Filer

im refreshing my inbox every second and a half now 😂😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

1 hour ago, rtodepart said:

im refreshing my inbox every second and a half now 😂😂😂😂😂

The temptation is strong, but I'll check mine only once every few minutes.  🙂

Edited by Mengy

12 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Do we know how the successful invitees will be notified?

Email.

Brandon Filer

I can't speak for others, but I have zero interest in seeing the product before it's ready.  I have no interest in chasing bugs, I just want to be able to use it.  I'm still on Win8 on my home machine as well, so that doesn't help.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

8 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I can't speak for others, but I have zero interest in seeing the product before it's ready.  I have no interest in chasing bugs, I just want to be able to use it. 

I'm of the same opinion here.  I'd like to be completely wowed with the real and complete deal (with 4 seasons).    It sounds to me like alot of people think they are getting the whole sim.  They are in fact just getting portions of it for testing. 

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

I'm personally proper excited to hopefully get my hands on the early build and experience some of what's been seen in the videos first hand. This is cutting edge tech and paving the way for a new era of flight sim and i def want to be a part of it and help the devs in any way i can.

• Like 2

From experience I can say, alpha testing can be really stressful because it is probably neither a smooth, nor a bugless/crashless playing experience. The only purpose of an alpha is to find bugs and report them. Nowadays, open betas (and sometimes alphas) are often use to advertise an already finished game. I'm lookin' at you EA and Activision...

In our case it is clear that the tech-alpha is really just for technical testing. If people expect the full experience now they don't know what "testing" really means.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

I'm personally proper excited to hopefully get my hands on the early build and experience some of what's been seen in the videos first hand. This is cutting edge tech and paving the way for a new era of flight sim and i def want to be a part of it and help the devs in any way i can.

This, and I will also be very happy to help Asobo with bug tracking and finding, and help make the end product a better one.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, not expecting a full experience by any means, but, def expecting some of what was experienced in the reveal (which was insane) and some of what those that got to try said was pretty much 'mindblowing' compared to what has gone before it..!