Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 17th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

6 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

Yeah, not expecting a full experience by any means, but, def expecting some of what was experienced in the reveal (which was insane) and some of what those that got to try said was pretty much 'mindblowing' compared to what has gone before it..!

I hope we'll get a similar build for the first test. Based on what people have said, the build was stable and they didn't encounter too much bugs. Just sad that I will never find out how the build was if I'm not chosen for the test.

Edited by FlyerNYC

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

I'm of the same opinion here.  I'd like to be completely wowed with the real and complete deal (with 4 seasons).    It sounds to me like alot of people think they are getting the whole sim.  They are in fact just getting portions of it for testing. 

You are completely right. The current word "beta" lost its meaning of "buggy endeavor to asses" or *insertsomethingreallyfunny

(Break It Early Test Application)

I'm however, waiting for something which isn't full yet, love to test it.

Edited by Victoroos
  • Like 1

Victor Roos

I wouldnt care if the plane didn't start and textures weren't there. Even if it was to play with sliders and make sure the GUI functioned properly. It's an opportunity to make this Application was the best it can be for all of us. We all should look for that opportunity. And if we dont get picked? So be it,  as I'm sure there are very responsible people being chosen for this task. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I can't speak for others, but I have zero interest in seeing the product before it's ready.  I have no interest in chasing bugs, I just want to be able to use it.

I'm the opposite, I'd love to devote my time towards bug testing MFS and doing my part to make it the best sim possible.

I've done alpha and beta testing for games before, both paid and voluntary.  Honestly I enjoy the iterative process of trying to break the game and logging reports.  I'm also an amateur / hobbyist game developer too (which means I haven't made a living from it yet, LOL!) so that probably has a great deal to do with it.

Still no emails from Microsoft as of this morning though....😏

• Like 3

14 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Do we know how the successful invitees will be notified?

Carrier pigeon.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Unless you have a system that cannot even run the new simulator (like me I guess), you'll probably get in eventually. They will be testing out different things with each build, and will be picking participants based on their survey answers and DxDiag. It is their goal that everyone in the Insider Program gets to participate.

Ha, that's my fear, too. My rig runs FSX and XP just fine but it is so old that I actually cannot even remember my HW specs except that it has an Asus MB, Intel CPU and Nvidia Geforce card 🙂

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I really hope I get in.

I've been on AVSIM for decades now, always reading about the latest addons for Flight Simulator and contributing to the forums.

I'm a commercial pilot and have a beast of a system to run this thing.

Please, Microsoft, email me that invite! 🤣

2 hours ago, DAD said:

Ha, that's my fear, too. My rig runs FSX and XP just fine but it is so old that I actually cannot even remember my HW specs except that it has an Asus MB, Intel CPU and Nvidia Geforce card 🙂

Mine is almost a decade old now, it can still run the majority of today's games but a few of them require some specific instruction sets that my CPU does not support. If Microsoft Flight Simulator does not need those, I guess I can start it up and do some flights at the absolute lowest settings.

In my humble, and limited experience, it’s better not to test games you’re really, really excited about. You get this slow run in where you are exposed to all the warts and guts and rubbish-ness for ages and then at some point it ends up being the release candidate. And it’s like “oh”. You don’t get the Big Bang reward of waiting for a game to release and then playing something that’s a bit closer to what’s in your head. 

16 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

In my humble, and limited experience, it’s better not to test games you’re really, really excited about. You get this slow run in where you are exposed to all the warts and guts and rubbish-ness for ages and then at some point it ends up being the release candidate. And it’s like “oh”. You don’t get the Big Bang reward of waiting for a game to release and then playing something that’s a bit closer to what’s in your head. 

I agree. However, I don't mind it since being a part of the development is reward enough for me.

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

I really want in.  Not only am I am I a CPMEL but I am also a senior software engineer.

I'll take all the bugs, glitches, and anything else that's wrong and file proper bug reports with them.

No problem being disappointed with some of it.   From reading the review of people who saw the pre-alpha, I will be blown away I'm sure, bugs and all.

Anyone been notified yet? IIRC there was no mention in the NDA that you're not allowed to say you're a tester.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

Anyone been notified yet? IIRC there was no mention in the NDA that you're not allowed to say you're a tester.

The e-mail specifically stated you are not allowed to say you're a tester. Nah just kidding (although the mail may say so actually) haven't seen anything from them yet. They should select you though as your computer may be actually able to run two instances of the sim next to each other, that will give them twice the test capacity LOL

• Like 1