Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 17th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-17th-2019-development-update/

THANK YOU
On behalf of the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator Team, we’d like to express our sincere appreciation to the community for all the valuable feedback we’ve received from the community on the first episode of the Feature Discovery Series. Though this is only our first step in our collaboration with you, the importance of this step to the team cannot be overstated. For all the feedback, all the effort spent writing comments, asking questions, daring to hold out hope when the past has been littered with unmet expectations. We hear you, and we are going to do our best to keep building this experience with you. In the meantime, thank you. It’s been a great boost to the team reading all the feedback from Lionel’s presentation on the world we’re building, which is big, in case you missed that.

EPISODE 2
On October 24th we are releasing the next episode in our Feature Discovery Series. Episode 2 (SKY) features a detailed look at the world we fly in, and the importance of this world in the simulator we are building. 

TECH ALPHA

• 10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 is now closed. Thank you to everyone that signed up for our upcoming Tech Alpha build!
  • 10.17 – Starting today and continuing through the 24th, we will be sending out notifications to those Insiders that have been selected for participation in our first Tech Alpha.
  • 10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.

DR UPDATE (PREVIEW FOR NOVEMBER/DECEMBER)
The DR (formerly DRR) preview for November/December is now available in the Insider Area!

PARTNER ANNOUNCEMENT SERIES KICKOFF
We are in the in the final stages of preparing to release our first series of announcements as part of our Partnership Announcement Series. While we are still working on the wrapping up the final few details, we are targeting mid-November for officially kicking off this series which will provide insight into all the amazing partnerships taking part in the development of the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

Tech Alpha is almost here!

Next update 10.24.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-17th-2019-insider-update/

DR update preview is here! Updates for November.

3.10DRPlan.jpg

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty

[3.10DRPlan.jpg[

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I’m confused. They said that the partnership series kicks-off on mid November in the home page, but the DR chart shows that it’s starting today. 

Edited by FAZZ3

2 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I’m confused. They said that the partnership series kicks-off on mid November in the home page, but the DR chart shows that it’s starting today. 

Seems like a leftover from the previous Development Roadmap updates. Other things have been delayed in the past too, like the SDK update which is now coming in mid-November.

Everything's coming along nicely, and it's good to see that we will be getting more screenshots/videos in November and December.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Seems like a leftover from the previous Development Roadmap updates. Other things have been delayed in the past too, like the SDK update which is now coming in mid-November.

Everything's coming along nicely, and it's good to see that we will be getting more screenshots/videos in November and December.

Mid-November sounds like an exciting time. We're getting episode 3: Aerodynamics, a DR update, but more importantly, a partnership announcement series kickoff and the feedback snapshot.

2 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Mid-November sounds like an exciting time. We're getting episode 3: Aerodynamics, a DR update, but more importantly, a partnership announcement series kickoff and the feedback snapshot.

And the fourth episode a week later, so this makes for a very full month. December looks lighter in comparison, but then the roadmap is probably yet to be filled with all the deliverables.

Also it appears that the mid-November deliverable states a preview of the Feedback Snapshot with a general release in December, though it could mean that it will just be an Insider-exclusive for a few weeks.

Thank you for the update but no new media???

It's a little disappointing.  Would it have been very hard to take a few new screenshots?

I'd love to see some screen shot of cities and countryside in SE Asia (say RPLL or WSSS)?

• Upvote 4

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

Thank you for the update but no new media???

It's a little disappointing.  Would it have been very hard to take a few new screenshots?

I'd love to see some screen shot of cities and countryside in SE Asia (say RPLL or WSSS)?

There was no Media Update deliverable slated for today. We will be getting one in early November, and two more in December according to the latest update. Hopefully they will keep those coming.

• Upvote 3

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

There was no Media Update deliverable slated for today. We will be getting one in early November, and two more in December according to the latest update. Hopefully they will keep those coming.

Ok I understand that, but how hard would it be to take a few screenshots?  People eagerly wait for a week, and then nothing....

Matthew S

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Ok I understand that, but how hard would it be to take a few screenshots?  People eagerly wait for a week, and then nothing....

Probably not very hard, but perhaps there is not much else to post right now. Since any media they upload will get heavily analysed and criticised, they probably don't want to post anything that doesn't look complete. They might create new captures when more scenery areas and aircraft are in a good enough state for showcase.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

People eagerly wait for a week, and then nothing....

I wouldn't say we got nothing. We know when the next Feature Discovery Series episode will come out and an updated timeline for other stuff. If people were expecting something that wasn't on the roadmap, sorry but that's on them.

They're already being far more transparent than any other game studio I've seen, so it's no problem IMO. I'd rather they not overdo it with the media as to avoid ruining the sense of discovery from playing it for the first time. Also, if we get accepted to the alpha, we'll have it on our systems within a week anyway.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Brandon Filer

So when people already complain about not getting new media every week, I'm pretty sure there will be many mad insiders who don't get access to the tech Alpha 😮

Edited by Phil00r
  • Upvote 1

9600K | RTX2060 | 16GB | 970Evo Plus m.2

2 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

I'd be surprised if I get in to tech Alpha.

Unless you have a system that cannot even run the new simulator (like me I guess), you'll probably get in eventually. They will be testing out different things with each build, and will be picking participants based on their survey answers and DxDiag. It is their goal that everyone in the Insider Program gets to participate.