Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Are you checking email more frequently now?

99 members have voted

1. 1. Between Thursday, October 17, and Thursday, October 24, Microsoft is sending out email notification to those who'll receive the first pre-alpha build of MSFS 2020. Are you checking your email more frequently now that you might be notified at any moment?

• Yes, I am checking my email more frequently than usual.
    • No, I haven't made any change of habits.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

My goodness no.

I'm as excited as the next person for MSFS, but c'mon - "changing email habits in case the Alpha invite comes?" - 

Seriously?  lol

Edited by irrics

Why check it, when I'll get a notification if something is there? Other than another email from a Suadi Prince willing to ship me $2,000,000 in diamonds

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Why check it, when I'll get a notification if something is there? Other than another email from a Suadi Prince willing to ship me $2,000,000 in diamonds

You too huh?

All I have to do is first send THEM a Western Union payment for $15,000 -- then they'll send me the $2mil in diamonds.

Great deal, 'eh?

Edited by irrics

3 hours ago, irrics said:

You too huh?

All I have to do is first send THEM a Western Union payment for $15,000 -- then they'll send me the $2mil in diamonds.

Great deal, 'eh?

But if you open the account by monday you get a free toaster too. Lol

10 hours ago, OSJJ1985 said:

OK I got the two million in diamonds. But how do I get them them out? 

How did they arrive?

I think you want to press eject on the Zip Drive

• Like 1

I didn't change any habits but I do feel some excitement suddenly every time I see that I have a new e-mail. Normally I only get this with bigger events like waiting for the confirmation that I can go and pick up an expensive purchase (new PC, new car), so this game must trigger me somehow in a way no other game (or sim) ever did. It also makes me realize how much junk mail I get that I normally don't even notice. 

It's good to see that other people, who normally don't show any interest in flight simulators, can get excited about this title also though. I think that if they pull this off they may really revolutionize the flight sim market. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't simply because my email client does that automatically every 5 minutes! It runs 24/7/365 unless there's a power outage and my backup UPS's battery runs low and shuts down the computer automatically!

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

NO. I still check it and empty it every week or two. Now that you mention it, I have noticed that my cat has been drinking a bit more water the last couple of days. That maybe is somehow connected to the mentioned MS statement.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

how can you still trust an editor who has thrown you away like old socks ... even if it's microsoft...

Honestly this MSFS hype is becoming a little silly now.

• Upvote 4

David Porrett

Knowing flight sim users attitude to MS or the past few years your spam filter has probably deleted it 😂.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I’m assuming this poll is satirical. I actually looked at my outlook email today for the first time in a long time. Large numbers of Microsoft emails in there, none from FSI 😞

No, NSA is checking my emails for me. I'm sure they will notify me in a way or an other if something important happens there. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------