Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Getting a little worried with what FS will actually be

I just wanted to say thanks to the guy's at Avsim for making this game come out on X Box.  I'm really looking forward to it.

I did get my P 3 D sort of working but it became too annoying when other planes kept crashing into me.

My son told me to speak to the people on a web sight called Read-It and they were very helpful and we had a good laugh.

Here's wishing you all happy flying.

Frank.

Do the flamingos come with glass cockpits or steam gauges?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eaim said:

At Cosford, some Devs reckon the the initial release could still end up being just short of 2 years away

I don't buy that. As generous and as well-funded as Xbox Game Studios is, I think they'll want to see some revenue coming in to pay back the last 5 years+ of development.

Then there's the Xbox 'Scarlett' due for release "Holiday 2020". This sim is going to have to be available for it at launch as the sim was shown-off at E3. There needs to be time to optimise it for the console platform.

2 hours ago, eaim said:

even then MS will only release a Sim without some features which will come at a later date, take your time MS and do this right, we (the simmers) will benefit in the long run, in the meantime we still have some great flight sims to fly with.

This I agree with. There sounds as if there will be components unavailable until after release.
So long as the base v1.0 sim is stable and better than what is currently available (I think it's already bested them), then people will accept the delay for missing parts.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, eaim said:

take your time MS and do this right, we (the simmers) will benefit in the long run, in the meantime we still have some great flight sims to fly with.

If people order a steak rare and it's done, why should they wait to enjoy it while other guests are waiting for their steak well-done (I am talking about guests at different tables, not knowing each other), obviously with the caveat that the steak done rare is done correctly.

In this case I am talking about complementary non-crucial features

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OSJJ1985 said:

If people order a steak rare and it's done, why should they wait to enjoy it while other guests are waiting for their steak well-done (I am talking about guests at different tables, not knowing each other), obviously with the caveat that the steak done rare is done correctly.

In this case I am talking about complementary non-crucial features

Rare is one thing, but "showing the cow the oven to scare it" is another. (Double meaning hidden in above message. Lol)

21 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Rare is one thing, but "showing the cow the oven to scare it" is another. (Double meaning hidden in above message. Lol)

Yeah well... I could have done a better analogy I guess. Could have taken something more "flightsimish" like a developer developing an aircraft with a virtual cabin and holding off release, because they want to get the virtual cabin right, despite the rest of the plane being ready and finished, because they feel people might get upset with it being an "unfinished" product. I guess that's a better example ;-).

Edited by OSJJ1985

3 hours ago, eaim said:

At Cosford, some Devs reckon the the initial release could still end up being just short of 2 years away,

Not a chance MS would show this to us with an estimated release still two years out.

Not sustainable and with the current level of hysteria surrounding this there would be riots and blood in the streets.

Edited by skully

5 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Okay, I know I'm old and British

Old! we won't hold that against you.😁But British! Jezz

• Like 1

It is like having a virtual stroke every week reading and trying to glean out what is real and what is just noise. In the past 20 years plus we have beat developers to death over things like rain drops, key click sounds, the number of screws we can count on the wing, "God Rays", how bad the ATC is, poor AI traffic, poor flight planning, poor performance...I could go on for hours but you get the point. Now, comes the pretty pictures from MS and our collective voice is ...."Oh please ms give us pretty pictures!! We don't need ATC, real weather add ons, AI that works, We can live without those developers ...just give us some basic airplanes to play with. Just please take my money and if you get time over the next 5 or 10 years, then maybe you can add in some of these less desired features. It boggles the mind. Now where did I leave my medication??🤣

• Like 6

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, shahfly said:

General Zod is one of the developers. What could go wrong?

You hear....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!...when starting up the sim?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

12 hours ago, LHookins said:

Could you quote where they said that?  Also, whatever they said about AI and ATC.  Thanks.

Hook

Multiple people from the creator event said that was what they said when asked.

18 minutes ago, Mace said:

You hear....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!...when starting up the sim?

That's better than the other option...

"Hey you're finally awake..."

I know over the history of the sim, every second one was bumpy, the others were really good

FS5 - good

FsW95 - Not so much

FS98 - good

FS2000 - Not so much (for those who don't remember it, a patch came out so quickly that they must have known on release that there were things they had to fix.  Without patching it, the program was almost unusable.)

FS-2002 - good

FS-2004 - excellent (bucked the trend)

FSX - we love it now but at the beginning there were a lot of complaints.

As such, 2020 should be pretty enjoyable.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

14 hours ago, bonchie said:

They confirmed this week that AI and ATC are being worked on.

And in that longer video with several staff members I believe I heard a comment of this being a year away (after Alpha start).  May be wrong about that, but something like that registered with me.  And does the schedule in the near term not show reveal of partners (3rd parties)?  That list, it true, would reveal more.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere